Hair Loss – Causes and Natural Treatments
We all lose some amount of hair daily and it is a normal sign of aging. Losing 100 strands of hair daily is considered natural hair loss. According to a study the number of hair loss sufferers seeking medical treatment doubled from 2004 to 2008. Hairs are considered as a symbol of attractiveness and beauty by both men and women. This is the reason why hair loss causes psychological effects like depression, anxiety, etc. One of the major causes of hair loss is genetics besides medications, stressful lifestyle and cancer treatments. Men are more prone to hair loss but women are the most likely to discuss their hair loss or thinning with their doctors.
Hairs play such an important role in human psyche that almost 50% of the hair loss sufferers are ready to spend most of their savings to regain their lost hair. It is generally noticed that hair care begins only after the problem has started. Whatever is the reason behind the hair loss it is important that we treat hair loss immediately.
Hair loss causes
As mentioned hair loss is common to both men and women. The hair loss causes may differ in both. Some of the general hair loss causes are:
· Male pattern baldness is the most common cause of baldness in men. It is a result of genes and results into receding hair line and baldness on the top of the head.
· An imbalance of male hormones i.e. androgen are also responsible for hair loss.
· A hyperactive or under-active thyroid may also cause hair loss.
· Hair loss may be a symptom of an underlying disease.
· Women notice a severe hair loss after their pregnancy this is because the female hormones are returning to their pre-pregnancy levels. It is not a serious issue.
· If you are under medication for high blood pressure, heart, gout, etc. the reason for your hair loss may be the medicines. This type of hair loss could be stopped by stopping the medication.
· In children fungal infections in scalp may cause hair loss.
Treatment of Hair loss
Male pattern baldness affects 50% men at some point of their life. They know that it is their genes which are responsible for hair loss. This is the reason why men accept their hair loss as a natural process. For women hair loss is more devastating and they approach their doctors for solution.
There are numerous products available in the market which claims to restore your lost hairs but there is no evidence of their effectiveness. Many hair loss sufferers are so much affected by it that they try every product available in the market in anticipation and end up in spending a fortune on hair loss treatment products. Many times they have to face severe side-effects of the product.
Natural and herbal remedies are the best and inexpensive way for hair loss treatments. Some of effective natural hair loss treatments are:
· Saw palmetto – treating hair with saw palmetto helps in preventing hair loss. Studies have shown that it is an effective hair loss remedy.
· Nettle Root – It may help in regeneration of hairs also besides preventing hair loss.
· Stimulate blood circulation in scalp – A good blood circulation in scalp keeps the hair follicles active. A hot oil massage on scalp together with vitamin E stimulates the hair follicles.
· A healthy diet rich in vitamins, iron and other nutrients is important for hair growth.
Hair loss may also occur due to pollution, stress and lack of sleep. If you are experiencing hair loss because of illness it is very important that you treat the illness first. Taking care of your hair at the right time would help you in preventing hair loss.