Best Hair loss treatment Tips- Home remedies for curing baldness
What causes hair loss?
Concerned about Hair loss. Don't worry. Simple advice but difficult to follow. We don't worry when we loose hair we panic especially if you happen to be a young girl turning bald. You are already stressed out so I should immediately come to your rescue and stop beating about the bush. There are some tips which will help you regain your lustrous hair once again.
Hair shedding is a normal process. 50-100 strands are normally shed each day but they are replaced with new hair. The replacement is not overnight and not directly proportional to the hair loss.
Top Ten reasons for hair loss
- Some people loose hair due to genetic problems. The hair loss can be permanent leading to baldness or Alopecia.
- Medications, chemotherapy, radiation, stress or rapid weight loss are also reasons for hair fall.
- Poor nutrition and diet. Hair fall caused due to nutritional deficiencies can be cured by increasing intake of food rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C(amla and guavas are rich source of Vitamin C), iron, zinc and drinking plenty of water.
- Iron deficiency also causes hair fall. Bananas have high iron content and therefore should be taken daily. Bananas if taken with yogurt and honey help prevent hair fall.
- Protein deficiency also results in hair loss.
- Skin disorders for example Psoriasis also causes hair loss. Once the skin problem is treated hair will regrow.
- Dandruff is a major cause for hair fall. Poor hygiene is the main reason for dandruff.
- Oily food should also be avoided as it results in dry brittle hair and hair loss.
- Thyroid problem also leads to hair fall. Both hyperthyroidism as well as hypothyroidism are responsible for hair loss.
- Another reason for hair loss is fungal infection.
Hair loss treatment
Maintaining proper hygiene and getting rid of dandruff is the first step to having healthy hair. Dandruff is the most common reason for hair fall. Once you get rid of dandruff hair falling will eventually stop.
- Rub yogurt on your scalp and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash your hair later. You will notice how effective Yogurt is in removing dandruff. Do not rub lemon juice on your scalp. It may lead to itchy scalp and sometimes temporary baldness also. Many people recommend lemon juice but it is acidic and can worsen your case therefore try curd instead. Even while applying henna avoid using lemon juice because it leads to dryness of scalp. Yogurt is the best treatment for dandruff free hair.
- You can also mix besan or gram flour with yogurt and apply it on your scalp and leave it for 20-25 minutes. Be gentle while washing your hair. Do not pull out the hair strands. You need to be very patient to use this method as the hair gets entangled and difficult to manage but it is worthwhile. Hair becomes very soft and dandruff free.
Six Simple steps for preventing hair fall
- For coloring your hair always use ammonia free hair color. Coloring hair using ammonia based colors damage hair. Also results in premature greying and hairfall .
- Try using henna for coloring as it is herbal but take care while preparing the mixture. Avoid lemon, instead use curd. I am emphasizing on avoiding lemon as it causes dryness. Scalp is very sensitive and lemon can only cause harm as it is acidic. Add beetroot juice for that perfect burgundy color. Good for hair too
- Many people recommend lemon juice to be added in coconut oil for removing dandruff. Avoid using lemon for hair. You can also mix a teaspoon coconut oil in Henna for women having dry hair.
- Avoid shampooing daily. Hair needs oil also and if you shampoo daily, hair is deprived of its natural oil resulting in dryness. Try using herbal based shampoo or natural shampoo as shikakai or amla. Johnson baby shampoo makes your hair soft and is good in preventing hair fall as it does not have chemicals in it.
- After washing hair leave it to dry naturally. Avoid using hair dryer or blower. This severely damages the hair. Hair will dry out and lose its silky finish.
- Don't comb your hair while it is still wet. Hair strands are weak and may be pulled out when wet. Try these methods and see the difference in your hair.
ORPL Oil - Best treatment for hair loss especially baldness.
For treating bald patches use ORPL oil. ORPl oil stimulates the hair follicles and you will see hair regrowth within 10 days. Dilute the oil with coconut oil or Til oil and use cotton to apply on the bald patch. Do not rub the oil mixture on your scalp. ORPL is a thick solution therefore needs to be diluted with coconut or Til Oil. You can apply twice or thrice a week. You will notice new hair growth in a month. While shampooing be careful with the new hair. Vigorous rubbing may pull out the new hair so be gentle while washing and rinsing.
Top Five Home remedies for treating Hairloss
- Boil Neem leaves in water and leave it for a while. The strained solution can be used to rinse your hair.
- Aloe vera has healing properties and works wonders when applied on scalp. It not only heals the scalp but also balances the PH level of the scalp and cleans the pores. You should apply it twice a week. Aloe vera is known to have an enzyme called superoxide dismutane. This enzyme has the ability to trigger the formation of nitric oxide, which stimulates hair growth in males, who are suffering from baldness.
- Onion is rich in sulphur which helps to prevent hair fall. Onion juice can be applied on the scalp and left overnight. You may also add Olive oil or castor oil or aloe vera to the juice. Many people may not be able to bear the strong smell but it is known to be very effective. Use a mild shampoo to get rid of the smell.
- Jojoba oil is recommended for patients suffering from Eczema, Psoriasis,Seborrhea. It helps in faster hair growth It is hypoallergenic so there will be no reaction or allergy. But if the condition is severe doctor's advise should be taken.
- Oil massage also prevents hair fall. Pure coconut oil is known to be best for massaging hair but you can also use Almond oil, amla oil or mustard oil.
Hair Growing Tips- Food tips for healthy hair
- Oiling and massaging your hair is an important technique to restore the sheen and lustre. Oil massage is beneficial for preventing hair loss. You can use any oil like Coconut oil, Olive oil, Amla oil or almond oil. Massaging your hair with lukewarm coconut oil will increase blood flow to the hair follicles and prevent hair loss. One should leave hair oil overnight for good results.
- Castor oil also can be used for hair. Use cotton to apply castor oil as it is sticky. Steam therapy should be followed to open blocked scalp pores. Castor oil is also used to get thick eyebrows.
- Try alternating mustard oil also with Coconut oil once a week for great results.
A balanced diet is essential for maintaining good health and providing nutrients for your hair. You can slow or reverse hair loss with a healthy diet. Include the following in your diet.
- Fresh fruits especially guavas and bananas.
- Protein rich diet that includes green leafy vegetables, sprouts, salads, soya beans nuts etc prevent hairfall considerably.
- Include sesame seeds in your diet every morning.They are rich in magnesium, calcium, protein, iron and phosphorus.It not only prevents hair fall but also prevents greying of hair.
- Add curry leaves to your diet. They add vitality to your hair.
- Amla or indian gooseberry is an excellent tonic for those suffering from greying of hair. Amla prevents hair fall too. Amla pieces can be dried in shade and boiled in coconut oil until it becomes dark in colour. This oil when massaged daily will reduce greying of hair considerably. Amla juice can be taken orally for better results. Amla is the richest source of Vitamin C. Amla juice can also be mixed with almond oil and applied on the scalp. Wash your hair next day. Ideally oil should be kept overnight for better results.
Sign up for new users
If you want to share information with the world share it through Hubpages
Tips for Instant Glow
- Tips for Beautiful Glowing Skin
The skin care market is flooded with many face care products but how many actually work? Am sharing some simple tips to give you instant glow for all skin types.The best part is they are herbal.
Skin care facts
- How safe is your skin care product ? Harmful ingredients in Skin care products
Today most of us have become a guinea pig for Skin care products. Some skin care products actually turn out to be skin scare products. It is a multi million dollar industry.Today the market is flooded with Anti aging products.It damages your skin mor