- Men's Health & Wellness
Hair Loss Guide - Tips to Reverse Balding
Best Shampoo for Hair Loss
Favorite Shampoo for Hair Loss?
Most Common Causes of Hair Loss
Alopecia. Most people don't know about this condition, but it is actually more common than you might think. It usually starts with one or more bald patches that develop and spread into much larger patches that eventually leave you completely bald. This is a very important step to address immediately by going to your doctor if you have any circular balding patches that can also overlap into one big patch.
Genetics. Unfortunately for some, Male Pattern baldness is very common and runs in the family. It occurs when you reach a certain age and your body's hormones start to change and your genetics `re-disposition you to start losing your hair in certain areas first, before eventually going completely bald, but if you still have most of your hair past 40, you likely have no problems with hair loss because of genetics.
Bad diet. Certain foods should be avoided all together. Processed foods (foods with MSG), foods high in saturated fat, foods high in sugar and stay away from carbohydrates. Try to eat plenty of raw vegetables as this will increase your daily intake of fiber and get rid of toxins in your system, which will help with hair growth.
Stimulants. Alcohol, Tobacco and even Coffee will shorten the life cycle of your hair follicles. The reason isn't widely known, but studies were conducted in
Lack of Protein. Your hair is made from protein among other things, but mainly protein and it's very important you are getting enough protein or you will start to lose your hair. Some people never hardly eat and have no problem with hair loss, while others miss one meal and start to see thinning. All this proves everyone has different genetics and certain remedies may work for one person but not the next.
Deficient in certain vitamins. Vitamin D, Iron, Copper, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6,Iron, Vitamin E, magnesium and many others are important for your hair just to maintain it's current structure and health.
Condition your hair. Conditioner is more important than you mgiht think. When we don't use conditioner, hair follicles can start to become dry and without added moisture, they often cause the hair to break off and as a result, you end up a little balder.
Dehydration. 8 glasses of water per day may sound boring, but it's the truth, your hair depends so much on different organs in your body and when you don't drink enough water, your kidneys and other organs don't get the right amount of water to stay healthy and functioning.
Kidney failure. A lot of people are unaware that they have kidney problems because not many symptoms shown up except hair loss and slow wound healing. Be sure to check with your doctor and have the appropriate testing done to find out if you have healthy, fully functioning kidneys.
Next Bald President?
Who will be our next bald President?
Top 5 BEST Home Remedies for Hair Loss
1. Castor oil. I have personally used this method and would recommend you try it, even though it will be about 1 to 3 months before you really notice anything if you do, but I have heard many older people tell me that nothing beats castor oil when it comes to hair loss.
2. Lemon Juice. Lemon juice is a natural skin exfoliant which helps boost skin cell turnover, get rid of old skin cells and help remove excess debris, which ultimately lead to clogging of the hair follicles. Lemons also help to extract impurities from pores and hair follicles, which ultimately leads to a fuller head of hair.
3. Coconut oil. Coconut oil not only has Anti-fungal properties, which leads to the fungus to attack hair follicles and put them in "Rest mode" where they will no longer grow until the fungus is removed. Coconut oil has also been found to improve overall scalp health, which leads to hair growth.
4. Olive oil. Famous as all Olive oil and it's amazing healing properties. Plus studies have shown that amazingly, that when olive oil was applied to the hair follicles affected, the hormone levels related to DHT or Dihydrotestosterone went way down. Most doctors agree the hormones found in Dihydrotestosterone or (DHT) are responsible for male pattern balding or (genetic balding).
5. Aloe Vera gel. The Aloe Vera plant is very powerful and has a lot of skin healing agents that help to remove toxins from the skin and heal the skin similar to Vitamin E.