Health Boosting Drinks
What are health-boosting drinks?
They are juices, smoothies, coolers, infusions and soups made from nutritious ingredients and designed to maintain optimum health. These healthy drinks not just keep us hydrated but also transforming us to a better life.
Juices are simple to make with a juicer using just about any fruit or vegetable.
Smoothies are juices or whole pieces of fruit blended to make thicker drinks.
Cooler are tall, refreshing drinks often made with sparkling water and usually water. The nutrients can be easily absorbed when drunk.
Soups provide a comforting way to eat plenty of ingredients with health-giving properties.
How do they benefit health?
Healthy boosting drink contains vitamins, minerals and enzymes from fruits and vegetables. Other than that, as healthy boosting juice produce is generally in raw state therefore all nutrients are mostly retained.
- Protection Against Disease A diet rich in fruit and vegetables can prevent and help to cure a range of ailments. Phytochemicals from plants hold the key to preventing some of our most deadly disease such as heart disease and cancer as well as other ailments and allergies.
- Immunity Boosting Rich of Vitamins C and E, betacarotene and minerals can be found in vegetables and fruit. These help to keep you in optimum health and boost your immunity so you do not succumb to very virus around.
- Energy Enhancing These drinks keep you feeling full longer than "empty" snacks like crisps and chocolate. The nutrients give you energy boost, and if you consume them regularly, you will have noticeably more energy.
- Extra Fluids Water is necessary for us, it play vital role for health. It makes up to 65% of our cells, and as much as 80% of some brain cells. These exclude the drink like tea, coffee and soft drinks which can dehydrating effects.
- Anti-Aging Benefits The antioxidants in fruits and vegetables are nature's secret weapons against aging and have been found to protect agains wrinkles, sagging skin, loss of muscle tone, age spots and the onset of many age-related diseases.
- Detox Many health boosting drink have a detox effect which helping to clear toxins in the body, leaving you refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Weight Loss Health-boosting drinks are great in a weight-loss program as they are satisfying and nutritious.
How often you having a health boosting juice?
Choose the freshest ingredients as nutrients disappear after fruits and vegetables are picked. Frozen fruits and vegetables are a good second choice if they have been frozen immediately after picking. They often contain more vitamins and minerals than fresh produce its prime
Study has shown organic produce higher level in zinc, vitamin C and carotene. On the other side, non-organic fruits and vegetables may contain pesticides. Many of fruits and vegetable rich of enzymes, vitamins and minerals lie just below the surface of the skin, therefore, organic fruits and vegetable have this advantage where do not need to be peeled before being eaten. As conclude, it is much better to buy organic and scrub all fruits and vegetables under warm running water.
Before to make a juice, an electric juicer to separate the juice from the pulp is necessary. There are two basic types: centrifugal juicers and masticating juicers. Centrifugal juicers are widely available and affordable while masticating juicers extract a little more juice but are more expensive. Moreover, choose a model that is easy to clean and that takes relatively large pieces of fruits and vegetable to reduce the amount of chopping and the time it takes to feed the produce through the machine.
Cut fruits into manageable size including the skin and seeds if the produce is organic or has been thoroughly scrubbed. Some skins of the fruits are not recommended into blend such as pineapple, mango, papaya, orange, lemon or banana. Also, remove pits from apricots, peaches, mangoes, avocados and plums.
To Boost Your Immune System
A great tonic for colds and flu. Try this!
- 1/2 small (5oz) papaya, chopped
- 1/2 medium (5oz) grapefruit
- 1/2 pint (5oz) raspberries
- 1/2 lime, plus slices to decorate
- Few ice cube
- Scoop out the papaya flesh and juice it with the grapefruit and the raspberries
- Squeeze in the juice of the lime and mix. Serve with ice cubes and decorate with lime slices