Health-Conscious Series # 7 : Simple symptoms that can cost your life!
How am I feeling?
There are symptoms that we experience in our lives that we often ignore. Little did we know that it can harm our health in the end. And worst of it, it can cost our precious lives here on Earth.
What are those symptoms that we usually feel everyday. Okay let me examine myself first. These are some of those no-nonsense symptoms that I used to feel these days.
- I had this this numb feeling whenever I get up in the morning. Maybe, it's because of how my sleeping position at night.
- I easily get irritated when I hear a triggering word that I perceive as bad-mouthing or not respectful to others' opinion.
- I had this soft, little lump on my upper right leg. I hope it's not cancerous.
- I always feel my eyes getting blurry as I work on my hubs at my desktop computer.
- Whenever I read thick paperbacks, my migraine is getting back again.
Ordinary but dangerous symptoms
If you noticed and felt one of these symptoms, don't ignore it. Go to your personal doctor or seek medical help.
- Discoloration of mole - We call it nunal in Filipino. There's a possibility that you have a skin cancer or melanoma. A mole that has an irregular sides should be examined. If it changes in form, becomes bulgy or still growing, visit your dermatologist. Melanoma is dangerous. It can easily spread to your body and it can lead to death.
- Palms of your hands are getting redder - Your liver is getting destroyed because of liver cirrhosis or liver cancer. This is a dominant symptom or sign when the palms of our hands are getting red or what we call palmar erythema.. Normal palms of the hands are usually pale in color. If the liver disease is in chronic stage, the patient's color will be yellowish accompanied by an uncontrollable trembling hands.
- Change in attitude - It can be brain cancer, convulsion or Alzheimer's disease. Not all brain tumors can cause headache. There's tumor at the frontal lobe of the brain that the initial symptom is the change in attitude.
- Temporal Lobe Epilepsy - is a different kind of convulsion which a patient doesn't loose consciousness. He/She can experience intense emotion, smelling something or hallucinating. Others will make something on their face repeatedly, mouth and other parts of the body that are abnormal to others. Others will not understand that a patient is having a convulsion.
- Frequent complain of intense sweating, erratic heartbeat and feeling hot - These are the symptoms of goiter or hyperthyroidism. Better go to your ENT (Ear-Neck-Throat) Specialist for a check-up. I had a friend in maritime industry that underwent thyroid removal because he cannot afford a regular medication before. At present, he's also in medication to have a normal life.
- Having a harsh voice - It can be throat cancer due to smoking or drinking alcohol. If you didn't get well for a span of two weeks, you can call your ENT specialist again to check your vocal chords.
- Lump or cyst on your body - An ordinary lump or cyst on the skin is just a lipoma or fat deposit in the flesh. This is not a delicate one. But there's always a possibility of dangerous lumps and bumps on your body. For example, a lump on your breast, especially to women, can be malignant or can cause breast cancer. It's the same with lump on your thyroid and at the side of your neck. It can be warts caused by infection or tuberculosis to your lungs. You can ask your doctor for an examination.
- Getting thinner everyday - You're just wondering about how you become slim although you're not exercising regularly or having a diet exercise. It can be a deadly type of cancer. Another symptoms of cancer are getting paler and weaker each day.
If you have doubts on your body, a doctor is the person you can count on.
More on being Health-Conscious
- Health-Conscious Series #1: Vegan Diet - Why should ...
Most of my nephews and nieces don't want to eat vegetables. Most children do. I used to remember my mother encouraging me to eat vegetables during my childhood. She won, because I want vegetables in every meal that she prepared for us during our grow
- Health-Conscious Series #2 - Soya as an alternative ...
Soya is the best contribution of Asian industry to the world. For those who cling to be vegetarian, soya beans and its products substitute our protein needs from meat products.
- Health-Conscious Series #3: Be Healthy with Vitamin ...
One of the most important vitamin supplements is vitamin E. Why should we take large doses of this vitamin? The obvious reason is to defy the fast-rate of our aging. Other reason are written on this hub.
- Health-Conscious #4 - Ear Coning: Fallacy or Not?
Ear Coning or ear vacuuming, also called ear candling is an old way to clean ears. It has been part of earliest civilizations, like that of Egyptians, Mayans and Tibetans. It's part of their religious activities as well as personal hygiene, as well..
- Health-Conscious Series # 5: Why we should take a ba...
Don't give any reason that will make harmful bacteria stay on your skin or in your body. Take a bath daily or stay clean. Personal hygiene reflects your attitude everyday, whenever you're home or at work.
- Health-Conscious Series #6: 10 Steps to Exercise our...
Exercising our senses in simple way will keep our body energized and tuned up in our daily activities. This hub is a tribute to let our senses know that we care for our well-being.