- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Psoriasis: Causes, Signs, Symptoms, and Prevention
Health Awareness: What Is Psoriasis?
Have you ever wondered what psoriasis is? This is the topic for today with our health awareness. We have started this blog in order to help people become aware of the possible causes of certain illnesses and a prevention or cure for it.
Psoriasis is a dry, scaly skin disorder that appears in any part of our body. Often than not, we would simply be thinking that our skin is changing because of the fact that this portion of our body skin becomes dry and scaly. However, one may not be aware that they already have this skin disorder.
Health physicians would often consider psoriasis as a genetic and is caused by the immune system being mistakenly "triggered", resulting in skin cells being produced too quickly. Skin cells normally take 21-28 days to replace themselves but people with psoriasis often take 2-6 days to renew their skin. This illness affects about 3% of people and age groups belonging to 11 to 45 often inherit this illness.
The common symptoms of psoriasis include the shedding of dead cells. This is further identified with red, flaky, crusty patches that is covered with silvery scales, which are shed easily
Normally there is a constant shedding of dead cells. However, due to the acceleration of the replacement process, both dead and live cells accumulate on the skin surface. Often this causes red, flaky, crusty patches covered with silvery scales, which are shed easily. Often these areas of the skin are itchy, and may have that slight intense burning feeling.
Despite the fact that psoriasis is being identified as a genetic problem that comes with our hormones, there are still ways on how to prevent the said illness. One of the known factors that doctors have been tending to is that it is an imbalance in our immune system. So, how can one boos up the immune system?
There are several ways on how a person can boost their immune system. Some of which are:
- Don’t smoke.
- Eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and low in saturated fat.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Control your blood pressure.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.
- Get regular medical screening tests for people in your age group and risk category.
Health awareness has also taken into consideration the fact that we have a lot of herbal medicines or supplements that are out in the market today. These herbal supplements have no side effects and have been known to prevent or cure several illnesses. One of these herbal supplements that can help in boosting our immune system is Turmeric (Luyang Dilaw).
Here are some of the known health benefits of Turmeric:
- prevents cancer and Alzheimer's disease
- anti inflammation
- natural painkiller
- detoxifies the liver
- natural antiseptic and anti-bacterial agent
- speeds up wound healing cuts and burns
- aids in fat metabolism and weight management
Aside from these known health benefits, you would find several other benefits that you can obtain from Turmeric over the internet. Among these benefits include:
- Prevents prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer when combined with Cauliflower.
- Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
- May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
- Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
- May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
- May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
So if you're looking for a powerful herbal supplement to cure and prevent Psoriasis, then check out the powerful healing capacity of Turmeric. This product is exclusively distributed by WOW World of Wellness.