Quiz: How healthy are you?
Health quiz to test some of your hygiene practices!
Take the quiz to see if your current hygiene practices are keeping you healthy or making you more sick! Take the quiz and share with others!
The quiz is simple and just here to start the topic of hygiene and infection control. I am very passionate about prevention and how it can ease the suffering of so many people. Check out some of the companies, facebook pages, twitters and featured lenses below. I will continue to build on this lense to continually give you a good resource about germs.
I am not trying to promote an intense, OCD regard to germs. I am trying to promote a responsible approach that encourages people to add one or two new hygiene habits into their day. This addition of simple infection control principles can increase the health levels significantly!
What is the best way to teach hand washing?
Try a Glo Germ Kit lesson!
The Glo Germ Kit lessons are based around fluorescent powder or fluorescent gel that simulates germs. You can use Glo Germ for any of the following activities or you can make up you own! The possibilities with Glogerm are endless because it can fit into most principles or processes for schools, healthcare organizations, restaurants, dental offices, manufacturing and other types of organizations.
Use Glo Germ (just a few ideas):
-Teach hand washing
-Teach affects of coughing (not covering mouth)
-Teach affects of sneezing
-Show how germs spread with hands
-The need to keep hand from the face
-Glove removal techniques (so germs are not flipped everywhere)
-Gown removal techniques
-Need for instrument and equipment hygiene
Really, the more creative you get with Glo Germ the better the lesson will be remembered. The simulation germs help "show" students that germs are real even though they can't been seen with our regular eyes. It really drives home germ concepts and is powerful enough to change the hygiene habits of many people (results show it!).
The Glo Germ kit is a simple set of fluorescent gel, powder and a LED UV black light. Simply shine the UV blacklight over areas that have Glo Germ applied to illuminate the simulation germs. You students or employees will love it!
Email us if you need additional ideas.
Thanks for reading!
Glo Germ on Amazon
Great Health Starts with Simple Daily Habits
... and a few other proactive steps.
1. Wash your hands often throughout the day (before and after eating, using the restroom, handling money, etc.)
2. Limit your time in areas where germs are known to hide out (large groups, germ hotspots such as school groups, etc.)
3. Do not put hands in or around your mouth, nose or eyes... Just break the habit (and it reduces acne :)
4. Through example, teach your children or co-workers how to maintain a clean environment.
5. Be proactive and work with your employer or school to originate a set of higher hygiene standards (which will teach those around you ways to prevent the spreading of illnesses) (emphasize the importance of having adequate supplies such as kleenex's, hand sanitizers, hand wipes, paper towels, soap, etc.). We spend most of our active lives at school or work so it is essential to have high health and hygiene standards in place.
6. Maintain a vaccination schedule (and make sure your family, friends, and employees have them done regularly). Just ask your doctor on your next visit.
7. Stay home when you're ill! (Work with your school or employer to excuse your absence)
8. Brush your teeth and conduct other normal oral hygiene (Germs abound in our mouths)
9. Eat a balanced diet (Give your immune system a chance to reduce infection levels and fight new germs). Resist the urge to eat bad food.
10. Get plenty of rest (Look up the recommended amount of time for your age and lifestyle). Rest allows your body to fight off illness and disease.
UV black lights on Amazon
There are more effective ways to teach hygiene than this!
Did you take the quiz? How did you do? Did you learn something fun? Sure you did.