Healthy Benefits of Drinking Chinese Green Tea
Tea is a basic beverage in all civilized culture. It is consumed anytime, especially in the morning. A cup or two of warm green tea can keep you more alert and in a better mood than other teas and alcoholic beverages. It can be taken as a refreshing and a relaxing drink. One to five cups a day is usually recommended by health authorities. I prefer taking two cups daily. Drinking tea green regularly is sure to prevent certain cancer risks, high blood pressure, headache, diabetes mellitus and sleeping disorders. The antioxidant benefit of green tea are flavonoids and catechins, that helps destroy diseases and germs in the body. Originally, tea is made from the leaves of the Camellia Sinensis plant. Some tea grades or brands contained the leaves, flowers, roots, and buds including 15% longleaf. This gives the tea a special flavor and aroma.
Green Tea to Drink
Brief Origin of Green Tea
Camellia green tea has its origin in Shang Dynasty China. The Emperor Shennong 2737 BC was the father and founder of tea drinkers. Being a reputed physician and scientist, he had decreed that all his subjects boil their drinking water before drinking. As a practical example of subjecting himself to such a law, he was boiling his water under the shade of the Camellia tree when its leaf fell into the boiling pot. The gradually changes in the color of the brew immediately arrested his attention, and with caution test the new product. It agreed with his emotion, mood, and feeling. Thus, the birth and drinking of tea beverages are born.
Began Drinking Green Tea
"This miracle beverage is effective at fighting everything from cancer to acne. So pour a cup, and let the benefits begin."-Readers Digest Editors
Drinking Green Tea
The Benefits of Drinking Green Tea
Green tea can be flavored with lime and drunk. It has many benefits to offer. It will be good to pinpoint the most important gains of this beverage.
- General bodily health: the existence of bioactive compounds in green tea tends to improved general bodily health. These bioactive elements contain an excellent amount of vital nutrients for the proper functioning of the body. I have mentioned the flavonoids and the catechins These are very powerful antioxidants that destroy the free radicals in the body. At the same time, it protects body cells and molecules, kills disease and delays the onset of aging. This is all the more reason why you should drink a cup of this liquid daily either alone or with a balanced meal. Another very powerful compound Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate (EGCG) in the tea heals disease in the body. These antioxidants have preventive effects on cancer cells. When the free radicals run loose, they cause the growth of cancer. Cancer is one of the major causes of death in the world. A cancer cell multiplies rapidly. It affects both men and women. Children are not excluded in certain cases. Drink it regularly and you reduce your risk of developing certain cancer.
- Improvement in brain functions: all teas have some caffeine. The more caffeine a tea has, the more it stimulates the brain for a response and this can be jittery in extreme cases. The good news is that green tea has less of the caffeine in a tea! In a 1 g of tea, the caffeine is half to that in a cup of black tea. This produces a mild stimulation of the brain to improve mood and vigilance. In addition, green tea has an amino acid called L-theanine, which works in synergy with dopamine, another powerful ingredient to improve the function of the brain. This action has a long time effect in that it is carried into old age. Thus, persons who continue to drink this elixir beverage maintain their brains bright into old age. Parkinson and Alzheimer’s diseases are unheard of in such drinkers.
- Reduction of cardiovascular disease: Cardiovascular Diseases (CVD) is one of the many illness green tea battled. CVD includes stroke and heart disease and is one of the biggest killer diseases in the world. Drinking green tea will lower the risks associated with CVD. The antioxidants in the green tea have a function of protecting the cholesterol and triglycerides from oxidation. This is another longtime goodness that benefits elder persons into old age.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus: some years ago, research was done with some Japanese adults. These adults drink at least six cups of the tea each day. It was observed that the risk to develop type 2 diabetes was 33% lower for these adults who drink the tea, especially women.
- Miscellaneous health benefits:
- prevents dizziness in older persons standing for a long time.
- prevents bladder, esophageal, ovarian and pancreatic cancer in women.
- Maintain a low level of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
- Retard the development of Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) of the cervix in women.
With the exception of type 1 diabetes, I have not experienced any of any of the illness above. I was a grammar school boy when I first experienced what diabetes mellitus is and I use green mango as a healing therapy. I do not know they were ever such a product as green tea for I was brought up in a family that is an addict to black and red tea and coffee. Nevertheless, my first experience to date with this oriental beverage is paying off in good health.
Slice Limes into Your Cup of Green Tea
Harvesting Green Tea
Drink Green Tea for Weight Loss
Green tea originates in China. From there it was introduced into Japan. Chinese and Japanese green teas are both popular in all tea drinking cultures. Depending on characteristics, Chinese green tea seems more favored due to its high flavonoid content.
Caffeine green tea is used to treat illness or disease. Some have claimed it to reduce blood pressure and the blood sugar level in the bloodstream. Hence, it induced weight loss. What is the best time to drink green tea? Take first a cup in the morning, after flushing your gut with water. The last thing at night after your super. I like to keep my blood pressure constant, so I drink it two times on the day early in the morning. Again, my blood sugar needs to be under control. A few cups are all that I need. The first lady I introduced this herb to was very fat and hypertensive. Her continued use of this elixir has enabled her to overcome all excess fat, lower her blood pressure and trim her figure.
Green Tea Bags
Green Tea Good to Know
“Tea is the most consumed drink in the world after water...What is green tea good for? Green tea consists of leaves that haven’t been fermented so they contain the highest level of antioxidant."-Dr. Axe
Summary Facts About Green Tea
- Green tea is the best of all tea brands.
- It is an excellent beverage for the prevention of illness and disease.
- Tea originates during the Shang Dynasty in China.
- Emperor Shennong 2737 BC is the founder and father of tea drinkers.
- Green tea has a higher flavonoid content than any other teas and protects cells and body tissues.
- Chinese green tea is most popular than Japanese green tea.
- It is subject to debate for and against green tea to lower a person weigh.
- Green tea is best taken without sugar and milk. But citrus fruits like lime and lemon, and certain green leafy vegetables as mint can be added to the drink to enhance the flavor.
Green Tea Meal Recipe
Water is not a beverage but is considered as food by some authority. A Cup of cold water has no energy. It can be employed in reducing the weight of a person. They are a certain class of beverages that have no calories at all but are okay when used in conjunction with certain fruits and vegetables that have low calorie. Green tea is one of those.
Drinking plenty of water along with your meals ensure less of the food is consumed. And hence, the energy value of the food intake is low. This principle can be used in the case of green tea. The only utility that water has for the human body is the dissolution of waste matters and flushing out the same from the body. This is its primary function. The other is a solution and absorbing food nutrient into the bloodstream. If pure water aid in weight loss, best green tea with all its nutritional value is much better. I can show how.
Some fresh foods like carrots, cucumbers, fresh lemons, watermelons, and limes have very low calories. This also means they are low in the Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic load (GL) respectively. The fruits mentioned above has a GI of between 1 and 46, and a GL of less than 5. Vegetables like onions and are also low in GI and GL. The GI is the effect of the food you eat on the rise of your blood sugar level.
All said, we have to take a meal that is well balanced. Otherwise, serious health issues will result. A simple meal consisting of fresh fruits, leafy greens, fresh fish, and nuts will make a balanced meal for the purpose. I suggest we had already made a cup of the tea. Let’s make our meal. But note that any simple meal can be made to fulfil our aim, provide you choice your ingredient from the various food groups.
- Fresh tomatoes ¼ cup.
- Cucumber 1 cup.
- Pumpkin leaves 1 cup.
- Onion 1 cup.
- Green chili 1 piece.
- Red chili 1 piece.
- Garlic 2 lobes.
- Dry ginger ½ teaspoon.
- Dry chili 1/2 teaspoon.
- Dry peanuts 9 g.
- Fresh sardines and mullets 10g.
- A pinch of salt.
- Peanut oil 20 ml.
- Make two cups of green tea as usual.
- Prepared the fish or use can substitute.
- Chop onion, tomatoes, cucumber, chillis, garlic, and vegetable.
- Put all this in a clean bowl.
- Wash and clean frying pan.
- Turn on the cooker.
- Put frying pan on heat.
- Put oil in the pan.
- Put peanuts in frying pan and stir for two minutes.
- Put the chopped onions, garlic, and chilis, etc and stir for one minute.
- Add salt, ginger and red chili powder and stir again for one minute.
- Put in the fish and vegetable. Stir thoroughly again for one minute. It is done and removed from heat.
- Serves two people.
Such a nice small diet took 2 or 3 times in the week, as a breakfast or snack with one or two cups of green tea can lower a person weight.
Green Tea with Meals
Flavonoids in Green Tea
Flavonoids are complex chemical compounds or plant pigments that give plants and fruits its many myriads of orange, red, pinkish, and yellow colors. Flavonoids are first called vitamin P but go out of use in the 1950’s. Flavonoids are found in many plants and fruits. It protects blood vessels from rapture and enhanced vitamin C intake in the body. Hence, it helps protect the body against injury and cold infections. Additionally, flavonoid further protects cells from oxidation and inflation of the body cells. Practically, all plants and fruits have flavonoids. So they are found in berries, onions, tomatoes, oranges, tangerines, Flavonoids in green tea is higher in value than black, Oolong, and red tea and all fruits and vegetables and beverages. This is what makes green tea unique and in a class of its own.
Green tea is not a cure-all. They are other ways to take good care of the body like exercise, a good meal, rest and relaxation, a clean environment and so on. Pregnant mothers should avoid drinking the herb green tea and also during breastfeeding. This article is not a substitute for consulting the doctor.
What Do You Think
Green Tea Has More Flavonoid Than Any Other Tea
Chinese Green Tea
Green Tea and Black Tea Contrast
Less oxidized during processing
More oxidized with oxygen
Green tea has less caffeine
Extracts used in food industry and research
-Extracts are medicinal
Has medicinal and healing properties
Only flavonoid detected
-Used mostly in the food industry
Higher in flavonoid
-The very reason the food industry make use of extracts
Has less flavour
Has more flavour
Flavor apart, long brewing make tea bitter
Retain flavour within a year or two
Retain flavour longer for several years
Originated in China and exported to Japan
Introduced from India to England
Both are widely use in the world
Best Green Tea
Effectiveness and Safety of Green Tea
The existence of EGCG in green tea is the only evidence available to prove that it not only prevent cancer from forming in the body. It also reduced the risk of certain cancer cells being formed in our body. On all indications, tea drinking is safe. Yet certain persons cannot tolerate the flavor and caffeine content. The effectiveness of the tea has been grouped under the following heading below. I am inclined to opine that if a person can stand the tannin in a black or red tea, I cannot see any reason why green tea should be much of a problem. Green tea has tannin too which could be much safer than in black tea. It borders me also that people can drink coffee, but cannot bear the best green tea. The effective range of green tea:
- likely effective.
- possible effective.
- possibly ineffective.
- insufficient evidence to rate effectiveness.
The lists of the diseases effective for or ineffective for as listed by the Natural Medicine Comprehensive Database can be found at It is a must read and study for the discourse.
Green tea is safe for all persons. If you can put up with black or red tea, green tea is almost safe for you too. Here’s how. Take at least three cups each day. Taking more than five cups will result in nervousness, sleeplessness and irregular rate of heartbeat. This is unsafe.
"Plant chemicals known as flavonoids may explain why tea drinkers seem less likely to have cardiovascular disease."-Havard Heart Letter
Green Tea is Healthy
The Importance of Green Tea
Chinese/Japanese green tea is getting more important nowadays. It was solely treated as an oriental drink. Whereas, black tea is a westernized beverage as coffee. One usually takes a cup of this bitter drink without sugar or milk. This released much of its medicinal and healing properties into the body. Green tea is now the subject of “raw material for extracts used in various beverages, health foods, dietary supplements, and cosmetic items” that is being subjected to numerous scientific and material studies in determining the extent of its long-purport-health benefits It is significant to note that the most essential factor in the green tea complex is its flavonoid content. A green tea made in China is not inferior to any green tea.
More Facts About Green Tea
- You can add milk and sugar to green tea, but you may lose most of the natural goodness in the tea.
- Green tea is always added to superfoods and in the juice industry.
- Three small chops a day will do better for you to lose weight with exercises.
- Combination of green tea with certain drugs is risky. Consult your doctor. Green tea now comes in different packages. The higher the grade, the better the medicinal and nutrient content. A twenty-five percent and higher is good.
- Some teas now come with an added flavor of lime, rose hip, pineapple, tangerine, etc. I only recommend pure green tea. You brew yours then cut and squeeze a lime or lemon into your tea. Any alkaline fruit will do, but not bitter lemon. Those added flavors are nothing more than chemical additives. Adding real natural juice to the tea makes the combination work better in synergy.
- 1. Recommended reading: Green Tea For Weight Loss: by Carth Wong.
- Go here for more detailed information on the subject.
- More on Glycemic Index
Green tea has many health benefits that are still being researched. It is not a cure-all. Always consult your doctor for health advice. If you are drinking green tea in particular, inform him/her so that prescribed drugs did not clash with the tea.
To your good health!
© 2014 Miebakagh Fiberesima