Healthy Coconut Oil, Nature's Way Organic
Nature's Way Organic Pure Coconut Oil
About a year ago I began hearing about the many health benefits of coconut oil due to its healthy fat content and Lauric Acid. My curiosity got the best of me and I had to try it for myself. I am so glad I did!
Discovering Nature’s Way Organic Pure Extra Virgin Coconut Oil was one of the best things I have ever done for my hair, skin, metabolism and immune system.
I feel better and look better. What more could I possibly ask for?
Coconut Oil for Healthy Hair
Coconut oil is amazing for hydrating hair! I am not very nice to my hair most of the time so it’s no surprise that occasionally it turns on me. I color it, straighten it, curl it, pull it, twist it and I like to keep it long so eventually it starts looking a little dull and sad.
I have always been determined to avoid cutting my hair so over the years I have tried every product on the market for fixing damaged, dry hair. I’ve even tried many home remedies that people have suggested. Most things work pretty well but nothing really made my hair happy like it was supposed to.
Then I tried using coconut oil and I was shocked by how my great my hair looked and felt after using it only one time.
How To Hydrate Hair Using Coconut Oil:
- Coconut oil comes in a solid form, so you will need to scoop out about ¼ cup and put it in a microwave safe bowl. Cook for approximately 30 seconds or until it’s melted into a liquid. The oil doesn’t need to be hot, room temperature is fine.
- Put on your ‘doing my hair shirt’ or any shirt you don’t mind getting oil on
- Use your fingers and a plastic comb to saturate your hair and scalp
- If your hair is dry or damaged, pay special attention to the ends. If your scalp is dry or itchy, make sure to massage the oil on your head. Do both just to be safe!
- Cover your hair with a shower cap. The heat will help your hair absorb the nutrients and become more hydrated. Let your hair soak in all the goodness for an hour or so, then rinse, shampoo and condition as you normally would.
Unlike other mineral oils, coconut oil will wash out the first time. There won’t be any lingering greasiness and it isn’t necessary to wash your hair 5 times to get all the oil out. I do my oil treatment once per week but it is gentle enough to use as often as you like.
Trust me, your hair will thank you.
Differnt Ways To Eat Coconut Oil
If you’re interested in feeling better as well as looking better, coconut oil can take care of that too.
The goal is to eat 3 tablespoons of coconut oil per day for maximum benefits. I have heard that it is perfectly acceptable to simply eat it in its raw form but I can’t bring myself to do that. There are other ways to get all the benefits however.
Coconut oil has a high heat tolerance so it can easily replace vegetable or canola oil and the flavor is so light that it is a perfect occasional substitute for butter.
- Spread on Whole wheat toast, rolls or English muffins
It’s delicious on toast with peanut butter
- Add one tablespoon to baked potatoes instead of butter
- Drizzle over steamed vegetables for added flavor
- Use when making stir-fry
- Replace vegetable oil when baking
- When making popcorn in a pan
Healthy Popcorn Snack
- Melt 1 tablespoon of Nature’s Way Pure Coconut Oil in a medium pan
- Add ½ cup popcorn kernels (will make 6 cups of popped corn)
- Cover the pan with a lid (or you will have popcorn everywhere)
- Gently move the pan around constantly so the popcorn doesn’t burn
- Listen for the pop, pop, pop and when it stops, it’s done
- Melt one more tablespoon coconut oil, spread it over your popcorn and enjoy!
You've just eaten 2 out of the 3 tablespoons that are recommended daily. There is no heavy coconut flavor or after taste, just a delicious and healthy snack
This is my absolute favorite way to enjoy coconut oil.
5 Stars For Coconut Oil!
These are just a few of my personal favorite ways to get all the benefits of this amazing, natural product. Try it for yourself and see how much better you look and feel.
There are many different brands of coconut oil on the market and it seems as though more are popping up everyday due to it's increased popularity. I have tried some of the other brands and Naure's Way Organic Pure Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is definitely the best one for me. It is the pure, reliable and economically smart choice.
Details on Nature's Way Coconut Oil
Brand Name: Nature's Way Organic Pure Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Cost: 16oz of Nature’s Way Organic Pure Extra Virgin Coconut Oil costs about $10.00 at supplement stores and as low as $5.00 online.
This is one of the easiest and most cost effective way to dramatically improve your health inside and out.