Daily Nutrition Tips To Help Promote Good Health
Make Healthy Everday Choices
Take The Time To Eat Healthy
In today's fast paced society, our lives are filled with careers, family, friends and social events. This can make it extremely hard at times for any of us to always eat proper and healthy foods. But it is important that everyone takes the time to exercise and choose to eat good healthy meals while trying to maintain a strong body and healthy weight.
You can lose extra pounds with just a few changes to your eating habits. I gave up drinking soda, drink lots of water and substituted chocolate soy milk in place of chocolate milk and lost seven pounds. This was a great reward for making a few small changes to my eating habits. The big benefit is that I had more energy and felt better.
Eating well, choosing healthy foods and staying fit and strong is in our best interest in the long term. While we can't stop time and we will continue to age, eating healthy will slow down the aging process and may keep health issues from developing. Women, who take care of others and do so much for their families, communities and still have a demanding career may sometimes find it hard to remember to take good care of themselves as well. It is very important that we all take care of ourselves or we may be the ones that need taken care of.
Healthy Eating Tips
Following is a list of some tips and chooses for healthier eating:
- Try to choose low fat milk and cheese products. Try soy milk. I like chocolate milk but it is loaded with calories and fat. By switching to Silk Chocolate soy milk I can enjoy chocolate milk with less than half the calories and it tastes good.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables without butter or sauces. Apples, oranges, bananas, carrots, and salads are healthy choices.
- Choose turkey, chicken and fish and limit red meats. Removing the skin from the turkey and chicken reduces fat and calories
- If you do eat red meats, choose lean cuts or remove the fat. Also watch the portion size
- Watch your salt intake and maybe use spices or a salt substitute
- Check the labels for the fat and salt content. Choose the lower fat and salt products.
- When cooking choose to use low fat cheese and milk in recipes
- When cooking meats, let the meat broth cool and skim the top layer of fat
- If you have the urge to snack, try snacking on fruits and raw vegetables or nuts
- Try experimenting with different spices in place of salt
Grapes Are Not Only Good But Healthy
Healthy Breakfast Tips
For many of us, mornings are a mad rush off to school or work with little time for a healthy breakfast. Following are some tips for quick nutritious food chooses in the morning.
- Cereal with skim milk takes very little time in the morning
- Add a banana to the cereal or grab a banana or other fruit on your way out the door
- Keep small containers of a variety of juices in the refrigerator. These are easy to grab anytime.
- Choose whole grain bread or muffins and make some quick toast
- Add some healthy peanut butter to the toast or muffin
- Keep some nutritious breakfast bars in the cupboard for those days when there is no time for anything else
- Start your morning off with a big glass of water or juice
Unhealthy choices you should try to avoid.
- Grab doughnuts or other sweet breakfast items
- Use excess butter or sugary jams for your toast or muffins
- Grab a soda in the morning
- Snacking on chips and sweets in the evenings
Healthy Lunch Ideas
Whether you pack your lunch, eat at home or go out to eat, you will need to make choices on whether to choose a healthy lunch or go for lunch with lots of fat and calories. Here are some healthy choice suggestions for lunch.
- Chicken or tuna sandwiches on whole grain bread with some fresh vegetables
- Salads which you can add chicken or turkey with a limited amount of dressing or a low fat dressing
- Soups such as vegetable soup, chicken noodle or other low fat and low salt soup served with a whole grain roll
- Vegetable platters with lots of cooked vegetables
- Low fat cottage cheese with a fruit of your choice
- Grapes can be a great lunch choice or an afternoon snack
Things you try to avoid with your lunches:
- Limit your eating from the vending machine
- Limit chips, soda, candy and desserts
- Avoid fast food takeout
- Refrain from alcohol on your lunch break
Grilled Chicken And Vegetables For Dinner
Healthy Dinner Suggestions
Dinner is generally the biggest meal of the day for many people after their workday or day at school. However, you will want to choose healthy dinner foods and watch your portion sizes. Following are some ideas for good nutritious dinners.
- Fish is always a good choice. Broiling it or baking it are your better choices. Adding a toss salad and a plain baked potato is one good choice
- Grilled chicken breast with freshly steamed vegetables with no butter or sauce followed by some fresh fruit is a healthy dinner
- A lean beef roast with potatoes and vegetables
- Tuna or chicken casseroles made with vegetables and low fat milk and cheese
These are just a few ideas. There are many good cookbooks you can buy with recipes that are low fat but healthy and nutritious.
Summing It All Up
We can choose to eat better and healthier. It may take some time to undo old habits but the benefits will pay off in the long term. Do some planning in advance for your lunches and other meals. Avoid being tempted to buy chips, soda, candy and sweet items at the store. If they are not in your cupboards, it will be easier to avoid the temptation. Eat more fruits and vegetables on a daily basis and choose more fish and chicken in place of red meats. Buy some good low fat cookbooks and give some new recipes a try. Try the different spices in place of salt.
Who knows? You may even enjoy the healthier meals and lifestyle.
Teach Yourself Good Nutrition
NUTRITION & DIET THERAPY11E is an updated introduction to the essentials of nutrition concepts, good health and client care that will provide you with a solid foundation in nutrition. This book addresses misconceptions presented in the media about the link between good nutrition and good health and will enable you to more effectively help your clients improve their nutrition and overall health. NUTRITION & DIET THERAPY 11E is organized around three simple concepts. Section One covers the fundamentals of nutrition, Section Two explains how to maintain good health through nutrition and Section Three addresses the nutrition therapy concepts nurses need to know
Quick And Easy But Delicious Recipes
This collection of fast and flavorful dinner dishes lives up to its title, sharing entrees that can be prepared in 45 minutes or less. Dishes like Chipotle Flank Steak Tacos with Pineapple Salsa, and Roasted Cod with Warm Tomato-Olive-Caper Tapenade are accompanied by sidebars giving active and total cooking times. Notes indicate if a dish is "heart healthy," "low carb" or "high fiber" (almost every dish falls into at least one category). Whole foods, fresh herbs, low-fat dairy, "good" fats (olive and canola oils) and a few carefully selected frozen and canned goods are the kinds of ingredients called for. A chapter on sides gives ideas for preparing salads, grains and vegetables, including a piece on "how to cook 20 veggies" five simple ways each. This book is not only easy to cook from but a pleasure to use
Lose Weight By Healthy Eating And Exercise
- Weight Loss Through Healthy Eating And Exercise
The New Year will be here soon. Make a committee to yourself to be healthier and loss weight by eating better and exercising.
- Yoga Great Exercise For Weight Loss
Yoga can truly change your life, your body and your health when you get in the habit of practicing yoga on a regular basis. Yoga can be practiced by both young and old.