- Nutritional Vitamins & Supplements
Protein In Hemp And The Human Body.
MMMMMM!!! Hemp Pancakes!
Nutrition Content Of Whole Hemp Seeds.
Nutrition Content Of Hulled Hemp Seeds.
Motivation To Choose Shelled Hemp Seeds
As you guessed it, or maybe not. Shelled Hemp Seeds, are from the Hemp plant. The Hemp plant is the Marijuana plant's cousin, and no, you don't get doped up with Hemp. You get "SUPED UP"!!!
Seriously though, I started using these seeds about three weeks ago and I've experienced a complete sense of well being. I do not do healthy eating, I crave food all the time and have no consistency in my exercising patterns. So, along with Hypothyroidism, I have Diabetes, I am overweight, I don't have a Spleen and all the other "side effects" from those are creeping up on me. My body was paining me in places that I didn't know pain could affect.
I learned a lot from research that I did for the hubs that I wrote on Sepsis and Abdominal Obesity and got scared for myself. Like I wrote earlier, I love eating and I didn't want to change my "yummy" taste sources and I've avoided dieticians like the plague.
Make a choice.
What would be your reason for using nutritious hemp hearts?
Bowl Of Shelled Hemp Seeds. Hemp Protein Is A Gift Of the Beautiful Vegetable World.
Shelled Hemp Seeds.
If my doctor made an appointment with dietician, I'll go and be a good girl to the end. Then I'll leave the appointment and walk right out the door without making a follow up appointment. How many appointments am I going to a good girl for? I do understand that they are doing that to help me, but don't like being told what to eat!
So I started thinking of Immune boosting foods more and more, after writing those two hubs and next time I went grocery shopping I kept an eye out for something that would provide the type of boost I need. One day, Costco brought Hemp Hearts on sale, so I looked at it and the nutrition seems good.
Hemp seeds are highly nutritious and delicious, and an excellent source of proteins, minerals and dietary fibre. It is the only plant that contains all of the essential fatty acids and amino acids required by the human body.
So here are the promised explanation on why you should trust your body to the healthy goodness of shelled hemp seeds.
I only chose these little seeds because of it's nutty flavor and I can sprinkle it on any food that I ate, another reason, I can snack on it. I was really intent on getting rid of the incessant snacking. As for the "Nutrition Facts" on the bag? We'll see.
Versatile Hemp Hearts.
Hemp Seeds As An Appetite Suppressant
I started using the shelled hemp seeds as an additive to my Replenishing Soup With Ground Turkey to get maximum nutrition fast. When the soup was done, I just stored the bag of seeds in the refrigerator, for some other time. Well, I got sick again by the end of the week, sinuses, this time. So I made another pot of soup, barley with chicken , this time, didn't feel like adding any shelled hemp seeds. Just drank the nourishing broth to my heart's content and spoon the hemp seeds into my mouth.
When the snacking crave attacked and I continued to spoon the raw hemp seeds into my mouth and had plain water, you need lots of water. My experiment began, I fetched a bowl of the shelled hemp seeds and a teaspoon around the house where ever I was. It felt good to feel the craving alleviated after three teaspoons full. I felt sated and contented and best of all I didn't feel guilty about snacking all the time and my blood sugar didn't spike.
I have started using the shelled hemp seeds and Plain Yogurt for breakfast. I place one serving (3/4 cup) of plain yogurt and 4 Tbsps of the shelled hemp seeds in a bowl and a couple of day later I started making a cup of green tea to go with it. I don't feel hungry until 1:00pm after that breakfast at 8:30 am.
46g = 4 tbsps of protein, and is the daily recommended intake per day for women 19 - 70+.
So now the snacking craze is gone, the unexplained pains are gone and I don't burp a lot anymore. And on the outside of the body, my skin is looking and feeling normal again ( it had started itching) and I don't lose as much hair anymore when I brushed it.
A Sprinkle of Hemp Hearts On Soup!
Hemp Seeds As A Protein Source.
Proteins are compounds made of chains of Amino Acids that form the structure of various body functions, and are composed of two primary types of protein, Albumin and Edestin.
Edestin protein is only found in Hemp seed. 65% of the protein found in Hemp seeds are Edestin protein.Here are some of it's functions -
- It aids in digestion.
- It is considered the backbone of a cell's DNA.
- It is similar to the human body's own globular protein found in blood plasma.
- It produces antibodies which are essential to maintaining a healthy immune system.
- It is compatible with the digestive system.
Albumin protein that is found in Hemp seed is similar to the albumin protein found in eggs and is another high quality globulin protein and is the current standard for protein evaluation. Albumin makes up 35% of the protein in Shelled Hemp seeds. Here are some of the benefits of Albumin protein in hemp -
- It is highly digestible.
- It is a major source of free radicals scavengers.
- It closely resembles the protein in blood plasma.
- It is highly compatible with the human digestive system.
- It is the third most abundant protein in the human body and carries out many of the bodily functions required for living.
Amino Acid Web
Nine Essential Amino Acids
There are nine essential Amino Acids that the human body cannot produce. And they are listed below.
- Histidine - is needed for the production of red and white blood cells, growth of tissues, digestion and may help in treating nerve deafness.
- Isoleucine -is necessay for the formation of hemoglobin, blood sugar stabilization and to keep blood sugar regular. This amino acid is also needed for the repair of muscle tissues and to keep energy levels up.
- Leucine - needed by infants to grow healthy and strong, facilitates the release of energy during exercises.
- Lysine - is needed to improve concentration, assist in muscle mass and tissue repair, for proper growth and development in children, to help with calcium absorption and to prevent fertility problems.
- Methionine - is needed to support liver function, protect against radiation, prevent tumors, assist in the breaking down of fats. This amino acid supplies sulphur to the body and is beneficial to those who are suffering from osteoporosis.
- Phenylalanine - is essential to curb hunger and food cravings, it is used for rheumatoid arthritis and alcohol withdrawal support, migraine pains, menstrual cramps and works as a mood filter.
- Threonine - is essential to enhance the immune system by helping the body to produce more antibodies, to maintain proper protein balance in the body. This amino acid does not allow fat to build up on the liver and plays an important role in collagen production.
- Trytophan - is needed to aid in the blood clotting process, regulate sleep cycle, prevent insomnia, impatience and anxiety.This amino acid is used by the brain for the production of serotonin, to manage depression and schizophrenia.
- Valine - regulates the metabolism process and repair muscle tissues and balances nitrogen in the body. It is very helpful in correcting the amino acid deficiencies of people who is just out of drug addiction and acts as a stimulant.
Hypothyroidism and Hemp Nutrition
Isoleucine Helps To Keep Blood Sugar Regular
A Few More Facts About Shelled Hemp Seeds.
It has the perfect balance of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids as well as trace amounts of trace minerals.
There are no reported food allergies to hemp foods.