Herbal and Folk Remedies
Cinnamon may prevent the development of the filamentous ‘tangles’ found in the brain cells that characterize Alzheimer’s.
Carrot juice and lettuce juice strengthens the nervous system. Drink two cups daily.
One teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and one teaspoon of honey. Take twice a day
- Rub castor oil into scalp. Leave till morning or
- Rub head with apple cider vinegar. Use an old toothbrush. Do this for 3 weeks.
- The following remedy cures in record time. Ten drops of Balsem Copiva (Lennons medicine) with ten drops of Haarlemensies (Lennons), place on a tablespoon of brown sugar and eat.
- For lump in breast make a pulp from bean flour, mint and unsalted butter. Put on breast.
- Cut an aloe vera leaf and rub the juice on. Let it dry. Repeat three times a day
Aloe Gel Has Many Health Benefits
- Apply the inner jelly like leaf of the aloe to the painful area.
- Place comfrey leaf on wound. Place a plaster on wound. Repeat three times a day.
- Break twigs and leaves into small pieces and cover with hot water. Let it stand a while. Strain and drink a cupful twice daily.
Cancer on lip
- Make a paste by rubbing garlic until it becomes a pulp. Place on a gauze and apply onto wound overnight. Repeat daily.
- Take a teaspoon of molasses daily in milk.
- Rub lemon juice on corns, or place a slice of lemon onto corn, with a plaster
Leave overnight. Repeat each night.
Bananas Keep Depression Away
- Cut a lemon in half and rub the juicy sides over the scalp.
Leave for fifteen minutes. Then rinse with cold water. Repeat every week.
- Eat a few bananas a day. Bananas contain serotonin.
- Place a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Drink twice a day or when required.
- Garlic helps curb increase of sugar in blood.
- Place nettles in a jug. Cover with boiling water. Drink daily.
- Eat a few slices of raw potato daily.
- Place some nettle leaves and stems into a large cup. Add boiling water. Let it stand for a few minutes. Drink daily
Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Fever Blisters
- Place three cloves in a little hot water. Dip a sponge in water and sponge the eye gently.
- Dab apple cider vinegar on blisters.
- Soak a few pods of cayenne pepper in a cup of hot water. Leave for ten minutes. Strain and add three large spoons of sugar.
- Garlic to be taken twice a day
- Drink apple cider vinegar daily.
- Eat cooked apples. Apples contain pectin, which is good for the heart.
- Add garlic to your diet.
- A table spoon of honey. Add a pinch of pepper. Take when palpitations start.
- Take one teaspoon ginger, three teaspoons sugar. Mix this and eat one spoonful three times per day.
- Place one teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a little warm water and drink when palpitations start.
- Boil prickly pear leaves and cut through. Place on hernia twice a day.
High Blood Pressure
- Add one teaspoon of cayenne pepper into one cup of hot water.
Drink twice a day.
- Beat the white of an egg. Add a teaspoonful of lemon and a teaspoonful of honey. Mix well. Drink twice daily
- Drink a mixture of two teaspoonfuls of onion juice. Add a teaspoonful of honey. Drink when needed.
- Take a sliced ginseng root and place it into a bottle of vodka or gin. Close the bottle tightly and leave for a month. Drink large spoonful three times per day.
- Use a tincture of garlic. Rub the garlic on the base of the spine.
- Drink plenty of peppermint tea.
- Infertility is caused by many factors, such as hormone imbalance, blockages and other factors. Exposure to toxins and insufficient vitamins and minerals may also play a role.
- Dandelion Leaf support liver health for hormonal balance.
- Red Raspberry Leaf is well known as a fertility herb. It is high in calcium and is a uterine tonic. Also available in capsules
- Red Clover has high vitamin content and contains almost every trace mineral. This help to balance hormones and restore fertility.
- Nettle leaf has a high mineral content. It contains lots of chlorophyll and is good for the kidneys. It is a powerful uterine tonic and has high vitamin K content.
- Folic Acid helps cell division and promotes ovulation.
Treat Jaundice WithTumeric Powder
- Drink a glass of milk before bedtime
- Wormwood placed under your head.
- A quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder mixed in a glass of warm water. Take twice a day
- Drink a glass of fresh tomato juice. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Drink on a empty stomach.
Comfrey Tea Help With Kidney Stones
- Add one teaspoon of honey and juice of one lemon in a glass of warm water. Take twice daily.
Kidneys and Bladder
- Add one teaspoon of celery seeds in one cup of boiling water. Add one teaspoonful honey.
- Let stand for five minutes Strain and drink as a tea.
- Make a strong tea of comfrey leaves. Drink daily.
- Peach leaves drawn like tea. Drink when needed.
Pain on Kidney
- Place parsley in container and cover with cold water. Drink when needed.
- To eliminate waste from the kidneys, extract and drink juice of cucumbers every day.
- To help the liver break down stored fats, drink half a cup of beetroot juice daily.
Herbal & Folk Remedies
Ginkgo Biloba helps to support brain function and improves memory and concentration. These tablets also help with healthy circulation. The increased blood flow improves vision. My sister has been using these tablets for a few months and is happy with the benefits. It has also been used for the treatment of depression, especially in older people, with excellent results. The Chinese have used this plant medicinally for centuries.
- Boil a few guava leaves and a cup of water, remove the leaves and add a small piece of alum. Gargle three times per day.
- To clear mucus from the lungs, hyssop tea is recommended. Take one tablespoon of hyssop tea.
- A glass of fresh tomato juice. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Drink on a empty stomach.
Herbal & Folk Remedies
When used together with Ginseng extract excellent results have been achieved. Ginseng strengthens the immune system and also improves concentration. Ginseng may affect blood sugar levels and should not be taken by people who are on drugs for diabetes. It is anti-inflammatory. Ginseng is an excellent herb to assist with mental stress.
Drink Ginseng Tea to Improve Memory
- Place slices of ginseng root in a pot. Cover with water and simmer for one hour. Drink as a tea.
- Drink ginkgo biloba
- Place several raspberry leaves in a cup of boiling water, Leave for fifteen minutes. Strain and add honey.
- A few slices of ginger in a cup of boiling water. Add one teaspoon of honey. Leave for five minutes.
Drink as a tea.
Place rosemary leaves in a cup of boiling water. Stand for five minutes. Strain and drink. Stimulates circulation and acts as a tonic for the nervous system.
Ginseng slows down the aging process.
Soak three figs in a glass of water overnight. Eat them on a empty stomach. Repeat at night.
Do this for a few days.
Drink Stinging Nettle Drawn As a Tea
Prostate – Reduce enlargement
- Place young shoots and leaves of stinging nettle in a cup of boiling water. Let it stand for five minutes.
- Strain and drink twice a day for a few days.
Parsley Tea To Treat Prostate
- Place a handful of fresh parsley in a cup. Add boiling water. Let it stand for fifteen minutes.
Drink at least three times daily.
- Simmer whole pumpkin seeds to a quart of water for fifteen minutes.
Cool and pour into a jar. The seeds will settle at the bottom.
Drink a small glass three times per day.
- Drink one teaspoonful of sweet oil. Add a bit of nutmeg for children.
Treat Rheumatism With Celery Seeds
- Add one teaspoon of celery seeds and honey into a cup of boiling water.
Allow to stand for five minutes. Strain and drink.
- One teaspoon of buchu leaves in a cup of boiling water
Let it stand for five minutes. Strain and drink as a tea.
Treat Shingles With Epsom Salts and Water
- Mix the juice of potatoes with celery juice.
- Take garlic twice daily.
- Make a paste of Epsom salts and water. Place on the affected area
- Rub cayenne pepper on affected area. It is available as an ointment.
- For healthy skin eat pumpkin and sunflower seeds. It contains lots of vitamins,
minerals and fatty acids.
Treat Skin Rashes With Aloe Juice
- Add aloe vera juice to rashes
- Mix one large spoon of glycerine and half a teaspoon of borax.
Rub in mouth three times per day.
- Gargle with tincture of myrtle.
Apply Aloe Vera Juice On Stings
- Make a paste of bicarbonate of soda with a little water and apply on the wound.
- Add a handful of salt to a bucket of water. Rinse a flannel in the water,
dry out and place around the neck.
- Apply aloe vera juice
- Dab vinegar on the sting.
- Place a slice of onion on the sting.
Treat Stomach Ache With Ginger Tea
- A few slices of ginger in a cup of boiling water. Add one teaspoon of honey. Leave for five minutes. Drink as a tea.
- A few buchu leaves. Place in a cup of boiling water. Let it stand for five minutes. Strain and drink.
Drink Chamomile Tea for Tea
- Drink chamomile tea
- Add a few slices of lemon to a cup of boiling water. Draw for five minutes. Add one teaspoon of honey.
Yellow Beeswax and Honey for Leg Ulcers
- Place comfrey leaves and vinegar on ankle
- Melt three tablespoons of yellow beeswax and add to small cup of honey. Mix well, and apply to the ulcer twice daily.
Treat Varicose Veins With Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apply apple cider vinegar to varicose veins twice a day and drink a teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar in water twice daily.
- Massage with olive oil.
- Drink rosemary tea with one teaspoon of honey.
- Eat a chive of garlic.
- Drink some buchu brandy.
- Drink the juice of three lemons
- Place a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. When vomiting is severe just drink a sip every few minutes.
Remove Warts With Garlic
- Squeeze the juice of garlic onto the wart
- Apply castor oil to the wart twice daily. Rub at least ten times. Dab lemon juice on wart. Do it every day.
- Mix one cup of celery in a bottle of gin. Take a glass full, twice a day.
- Elder roots cooked with wine
- Eat radishes or drink the juice.
- Drink camphor tots. This will digest the water in the lungs.
Water in Breast
- Eat watermelons. It removes excess fluid from the body.
- Mix the juice of celery, carrots and beetroot. Drink daily.
- Boil the following together. A handful of rue, one tablespoon of vinegar and one tablespoon of honey. Drink when needed.
Apply Apple Cider Vinegar To Ringworms
- Add a pinch of salt to lemon juice and rub it on three times daily.
- Apply apple cider vinegar to the ringworm area a few times daily.
- Boil the green bark of the pomegranate roots in two bottles water until half the water is boiled away. Take every half an hour.
Wounds or Bruises
- Vinegar cloths placed on wounds.
Wounds that won’t heal
- Raw honey applied to cut and cover with gauze.
- Apply papaya juice to the wound. Wash the wound with juice. Allow to dry.
These herbal remedies were written for interest and information. Use at your own discretion. Always consult a doctor for all illnesses.
Dr Jarvis, author of Folk Medicine
© 2016 Anita Hasch