Home Made Sunscreen Lotion
Hubs you might be interested
Tips on how to take care your nails - Hydration and Massage: our nails are made up of dead cells called keratin so in order to prevent breakage we should use moisturizers to make our nails flexible and no breakage and prevent splitting of the nails.Olive oil is a great moisturizer for brittle nails and soft nails.
Understanding skin pigmentation - What really is a skin pigmentation is what causes it. Let us try to understand what it is for a healthier skin.
Create your own homemade spa - Work related activities sometimes produces stress to us and whenever we feel like we need some pampering, one thing comes to our mind is going to the spa. Spa treatments are expensive and through this blog i hope that i can help you with reversing your stress while spending less.
With the fast change in our environment, we experienced extreme heat that could harm our skin so before we go out in the sun we should apply a sunscreen lotion to protect our skin from the harmful rays of the sun. The benefits of using sunscreen lotion are:
- prevent of skin cancer
- premature aging
- help shield important proteins like collagen, elastin and keratin which keep the skin smooth and firm.
- immune suppression
Staying out in the sun is the best way to prevent skin cancer and we must remember that peak hours are between 10 am and 4 pm so if we are going out we should wear protective clothing like wearing a long sleeved shirt, wearing sun glasses, hat or umbrella and apply sunscreen lotion with higher SPF to areas that are exposed to the sun and re applying every 2 hours.
Sunscreens are expensive and if you are in a tight budget instead of buying, you can make your own sunscreen lotion and i'm going to teach you how.
3 ways Home Made Sunscreen lotion:
- small container or bottle
- isoprophyl alcohol
- distilled water
- zinc oxide( acts as a disinfectant)
1. with the use of the alcohol disinfect the bottle
2. mix zinc and 1/2cup lotion and 1/4 cup water (remember to be careful when using the zinc oxide because it can affect your health when in direct contact. Better use gloves when creating this solution.)
3. When it becomes sticky transfer it to the bottle
Tip: apply a small amount on the arm to prevent an allergic reaction
- 1 tablespoon petroleum jelly
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 200 milileters of zinc oxide
- 3 tablespoon of aloe Vera syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon eucalyptus oil
- small bottle of container
1. put the coconut oil and petroleum jelly in the sauce pan until it melts
2. in a small bottle, put 200 ml of zinc oxide and the mixture of the solution coconut oil and petroleum jelly and set aside.
3. in the sauce pan, put 3 tbsp aloe vera extract then mix together and place the solution in a small bottle.
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera syrup
- zinc oxide
- 3 pcs. vitamin e (use only the liquid solution of the vitamin)
- coconut oil
- small bottle or container
1. set aside aloe vera syrup in a sauce pan and put 1/3 cup coconut oil
2. put 1 table spoon aloe vera extract and zinc oxide then mix.
3. place the finished solution to a clean bottle
4. In a blender, put the lettuce and 3 vitamin e and the first mixture (lettuce are rich in vitamins that absorbs in the skin easily)
5. add 1/4 cup lotion to thicken the solution then mix and put in the bottle.
The home made sunscreen lotions are not waterproof remember to apply the lotion again when wet or when you are sweating .If allergic reactions occur go immediately to your dermatologist.