- Alternative & Natural Medicine»
- Home Remedies
Home Remedies For Curing Cough
Are you obsessed by coughing day and night during winter?
Are you feeling irritated due to coughing?
Do you want Home remedies for Curing Cough?
Are you trying to find permanent solution for Coughing?
Then continue reading to find solution for these questions……
What is Cough?
Cough is a body action whenever there is blockage in airways due to dust, mucus, or other such particles. Such particles may enter your body due to pollution or other similar reasons. Cough may also occur due to inflammation or blockage in the throat due to which the body assumes it to be foreign object. If the coughing persists for more than two weeks then it is a serious Advice to visit a doctor.
Causes for Cough:
- Viral infection: this is the main cause of cough. It gets transferred from one person to other. Virus is a cell which lives on others body.
- Common Cold: Common Cold is also caused by viral infection.
- Smoking: Smoking can also cause irritation in the wind pipe. Hence it can cause coughing. There are also various diseases caused by smoking. It also causes various problems in lungs. I think you all know the problems associated with smoking.
Other reasons for Cough are:
- Whooping cough
- Clot in the lung
- Cancer of the lung
Things to Be Taken care of when you are suffering from Cough:
- The first Thing you should avoid is drinking of cold water. It is the main and most common cause for cough.
- Next you should also avoid eating of other cold stuffs such as Ice creams, Cold drinks, etc.
- I know such stuffs are so tempting but you should make it to avoid it.
- Another thing you Should do is, Drink a small amount of warm water after eating chocolates. This will clear the chocolate which are present on your food pipe, due to which coughing can take place.
- In this step we will make use of peppercorns and Black cumin seeds.
- Peppercorns are also known as Mirch Ka Dana and Black cumin seeds are also known as ‘shah jeera’.
- Take 3 Peppercorns and a pinch of black cumin seed and a pinch of salt.
- Here we will make use of clove oil.
- Take about 2 to 3 drops of clove oil.
- Mix it with garlic paste.
- And then mix this paste with 1/2 tsp of honey.
- This will help you to soothe your throat and give relief to your throat from coughing.
- Take a cup of Water.
- Bring it to boil.
- When the water starts boiling add 1 tsp of turmeric powder and Carom seeds.
- Boil it till it becomes half the initial volume.
- Then add 1 tsp of honey and have it for 2 days.
- This will definitely reduce your cough.
- Now for this take 50 gm of Sugar candy.
- Sugar candy is also known as Mishri in Hindi.
- Now mix this sugar candy with 50 gm pepper powder.
- Now mix this mixture with Ghee in order to form small palettes.
- Take these palettes atleast 3 to 4 times a day.
- This will also help you to reduce your cough within few days.
- In this step we will make use of Ginger powder and honey.
- Take about ½ teaspoon of ginger powder.
- Mix it well with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- It would be better if you add black pepper to it.
- This tip consists of two small tips.
- First is to chew a small piece of ginger.
- While chewing Ginger also take a small amount of Salt.
- This will help you to get ease from Coughs.
- Second tip is to take a cup of water with a small amount of Lemon juice.
- Now mix this with a small amount of Honey and take this atleast twice a day.
- I think you will like this the most.
Whenever you cough never swallow back the green cough which comes into your mouth (Yuk). Always try to spit it out if possible. This will help you reduce your Cough.
It is important that you consult a Doctor if your cough persists for more than two weeks.
Do you think cough is a necessary evil?
Peppercorn+Black Cumin seed+salt
Clove oil+Garlic paste+Honey
Water+Turmeric Powder+carom seed
Ginger powder+Honey+Black Pepper
Chew Ginger and Water+lemon juice+Honey