- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Home Remedies For Troubled Hair
Healthy Hair From A Fashion Wannabe
I’m back with some more helpful tips on looking and feeling your best! Today’s issue, UNMANAGEABLE HAIR. Every girl’s enemy. But don’t worry, there are ways to fight the frizz and manipulate our mane- from home! That’s right! You can make these life-savers in your kitchen!
Fight the Frizz. Frizzy hair means your hair has grown weak and broke during brushing or styling. All you need is to bulk it back up with vitamins to give it back its strength and health.
· Banana and Avocado Mask- Both foods are super high in nutrients to pump up your strands as well as flatten your frizz.
Mash together one ripe banana and one avocado. Comb the mixtures through your hair and let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse out completely. This mixture does not need heat. The heat from your scalp will do just fine. *If the mixture is too thick, thin it out with a little dose of cream*
Silky Strands. If your hair feels rough and brittle from years of styling and it’s screaming for moisture therapy, you’ll need to replenish it with natural oils to get that silky texture back.
· Olive Oil and Honey Mask- These ingredients are loaded with natural vitamins and oils that your hair is craving.
Mix together 4 Tbsp. of olive oil and 5 Tbsp. of honey. *If you have longer hair, add more olive oil.* Mix both ingredients thoroughly. Apply the mixture to all of your hair and wrap with a shower cap, or you can do like me and use a plastic shopping bag. Let the mixture sit for about 20-30 minutes, then rinse and wash with shampoo until all of the mixture is gone. You can use conditioner afterwards for any persistent knots. Use this recipe once a week for a couple weeks until your hair looks and feels healthier.
Lusting for Length. Your hair is short and you want it to grow faster and stronger? No problem.
· Egg and Honey Massage. Eggs are freaking loaded with vitamins that our body needs as well as our hair, especially Biotin, and honey adds essential oils back into the strands.
Blend together one egg, 2 Tbsp. of honey, and a little splash of Olive Oil for added moisture. Massage the mixture into your scalp vigorously and cover for about 25-30 minutes. Rinse completely and wash as normal. Repeat this about once a week for best results.
Overly Oily. This is my problem. My scalp produces WAY TOO MUCH oil and I have to wash it every day or it looks really dirty. So if you have the same problem, this one should be your favorite because it’s so simple and quick.
· Egg Whites Mask. Using only the egg white, cover your scalp with the egg and let sit for 20-25 minutes. Rinse out with cool/cold water. *Do not use hot water, you will cook the egg* Use this treatment once every 2 weeks and the oil from your scalp will gradually lessen.
Use any of these tricks that I got from my retired hair stylist Laura McMartin, and I bet you will have healthier hair in no time.
Well, that’s all for now.
Stay classy, Ladies!
-By Melanie Hartle