- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Home Remedies for Hives – Secrets Revealed
Buy products to cure hives on Amazon
Why is hives a stubborn disease?
In various skin diseases, hives is difficult to eradicate. Why? Because allergens for hives are numerous, complicated, difficult to detect, and difficult to avoid in our everyday lives. Generally speaking, the causes of hives can be divided into internal factors and external factors, under some circumstances, both factors cause the disease simultaneously, about 2 / 3 of people suffering hives can not find the exact allergens for their diseases.
Some common reasons are listed as follow:
- Hives tends to attack those who had large consumptions of alcohol and high protein foods because foods rich in proteins, mainly seafood, as well as condiments and food additives, are common allergens for hives.
- A variety of drugs can cause hives, the most common are penicillin, furazolidone (furazolidone), antipyretics and serum products, such as tetanus, vaccine.
- Factors of bacterial infection from viruses, fungi, parasites and other secretions can cause hives. Inflammatory metabolites from otitis media, tonsillitis, roundworm and hepatitis can cause hives too.
- Insect bites, such as mites, lice, flea bites, bee, caterpillar stings and so on can cause hives.
- Inhalation of dust, dust mites, pollen, fungal spores, animal dander, feathers, volatile chemicals etc.can sometimes cause hives, because inhalation causes lesions on the respiratory tract, which are often accompanied by respiratory symptoms such as shortness of breath.
- Physical and chemical factors, such as cold, heat, sunlight, friction, pressure, chemical stimulation etc.can cause hives. Some people tend to have hives after exposure to cold wind or hot water, others suffer from the disease after eating high protein foods and doing exercises. Why are some people allergic to water? Presumably it’s because the lipid membranes on the patient’s skin contains a special material, which will turn into an allergen that cause skin reactions.
- Psychological factors, such as excessive stress, anxiety and depression could induce the disease.
- Diabetes, hyperthyroidism, menstrual disorders and gastrointestinal disorders can cause chronic hives.
- Those who suffer from hives should be very careful to find out and avoid allergens in order to prevent the occurrence of hives fundamentally.
Home remedy tips for hives
Because the causes of hives are complicated, patients should pay attention to some of the following things in their daily lives.
1, Search for allergens
Look for allergens actively in your living environment, diet, workplaces and contact materials.The onset of hives varies in allergic reactions, for example, after insect stings and exposure to animal hair and pollen, the reactions are usually within a few minutes. However, allergy reactions from decoration or working environment factors take several weeks to come.
2, Try to stay away from the allergens
- Pay attention to your medical history of drug allergy and avoid taking the drug easy to cause allergy.
- Do not eat foods that are likely to be allergens, such as seafoods. Keep the indoor air dry and clean, clean air conditioner’s filters regularly.
- Do not use carpet, blankets and feather products.
- Avoid feeding pets to prevent dust mites, mold, animal fur allergens.
- If necessary, wear a mask and long-sleeved clothing in flowering season to protect yourself from pollen.
- Treatment of dental caries and infectious diseases such as diabetes, gastrointestinal disorders and other chronic diseases.
- Do exercises regularly.
3, Pay attention to your living habits
- Wear cotton or silk underwear to avoid body friction, dry skin and skin itching.
- Reduce the frequency and duration of bath, use less soap or bath gel.
- When washing clothes, especially underwear, use clean water to fully eliminate of residual cleaning agents, it’s best to use natural detergent instead.
- Avoid eating spicy foods and drinking alcohol, eat more vegetables and foods rich in vitamins.
- Based on some nutritional study, onions and garlic contain anti-inflammatory substances and have anti-allergic effect.
- Fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C are natural anti-allergy agents, among which orange is the best.
- How to Teat Hives Causes and Preventions
Hives, commonly known as "urticaria", has the following main symptoms: Rashes suddenly appear on the skin, in different shapes and sizes, rashes usually have the colors of red or white, hives occur and...