- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Home Remedies for Psoriasis of the Scalp
Psoriasis is a skin ailment caused due to dietary and lifestyle related factors. Psoriasis of the scalp can be agonizing, embarrassing as well as disfiguring. The skin disorder is characterized by flare ups and dips, which occur in cycles. Psoriasis does not have a permanent cure; nonetheless, adhering to a healthy diet, taking supplements and following a good scalp care regimen helps deal with the disorder successfully.
Left Untreated, Psoriasis can cause Balding
The Clinical Picture
Psoriasis is a skin ailment that is typified by red patches and silver scales. It is a chronic condition wherein the scalp is itchy, dry and may occasionally bleed, especially if scratched. The red - brown patches may be mild or severe. Short-term hair loss may also occur.
What Causes Psoriasis of the Scalp?
In an individual who has psoriasis, the skin cells duplicate at a greater speed than normal. New cells mount up and do not have an opportunity to be shed; as a result the skin gets inflamed. Silvery scales build up after a while.
Psoriasis is sometimes genetic link and runs in families. Chief triggers are - stress, infections or trauma to the scalp, alcohol, dietary deficiency of essential fatty acids and cold, dry air.
Natural Treatment for Scalp Psoriasis
Here are some lifestyle and dietary tips to treat and manage psoriasis of the scalp naturally. Incorporating these lifestyle tips can help in effective management of psoriasis of the scalp,
- Suitable treatment is a must to decrease the symptoms quickly and to reduce the incidence and severity of flare ups.
- Most importantly, you must pay careful attention to your diet. Keep away from all denatured, refined and processed foods. White flour, fried foods, sugar and carbonated beverages must be eliminated from your diet.
- Stress has a fundamental role to play in the activation of the symptoms of psoriasis. Flare ups occur mainly during stressful periods and times of emotional turmoil. Experts advocate including a stress-busting technique in to your everyday schedule; it helps keep stress at bay and diminishes the risk of exacerbations.
Natural Remedies for Psoriasis of the Scalp
Here are some simple home based remedies for the treatment of psoriasis of the scalp. Using these remedies on regular basis can help alleviate the symptoms,
- Aloe vera, Carrot essential seed oil and Avocado oil: blend 5 spoons of aloe vera gel, 5 drops of carrot seed oil and 10 drops of avocado oil; massage gently in to the scalp. Aloe vera will soothe the scalp and prevent inflammation and itching; carrot seed essential oil is an excellent remedy for the management of psoriasis due to its skin regenerating effects; whilst avocado is loaded with vitamin E and keeps the scalp moisturized.
- Wheat germ oil: wheat germ oil is chockfull of vitamin E and essential fatty acids. These help maintain a healthy skin.
- Flax seeds: are packed with omega 3 fatty acids; omega 3 fatty acids treat psoriasis effectively and put a stop to exacerbations and aggravations.
Supplements: alongside, you need to take a vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E and omega 3 fatty acids supplements. These are ‘skin nutrients’ and must be incorporated in to your routine to sustain normal levels for a healthy skin.
Homeopathy and Psoriasis
Homoeopathy medicines offer amazing and lasting relief from psoriasis; preventing flare ups and exacerbations successfully. Drugs such as Psorinum, Sulphur, and Silicea proffer results; however, do consult a health care professional before starting treatment.