Home remedies for Gas
Are you having Gas?
How to stop farting?
What is gas?
What is the main reason for gas?
How to get rid of gas?
Do these questions arise in your mind? In this article I will be providing you with home remedies in order to solve your problem.
I will also make it a point to answer the above questions.
What is Gas?
Gas is also known as flatulence. Gas is the main problem of which most of us are really ashamed of. But the thing is you must not feel ashamed as it happens with all of us. Gas production takes place when there is excess gas that builds up into your body. Gas in your body mainly consists of nitrogen and oxygen. Such gas production may occur during eating or talking. Yes it’s true, during talking or eating.
Carbon dioxide is another gas which is formed in your body when acids present in your stomach comes in contact with bile and other juices from pancreas. But the good thing is that the most of such gas is absorbed by the blood and is excreted out during breathing, and the remaining is thrown out from the body through rectum.
Causes of gas:
- The most important cause of gas is the overproduction of bacteria in the stomach.
- Second is the intake of foods which contain high amount of fibers present in it.
- The other reason can be intake of products which consists of malt extracts.
- Some people may also face this problem of gas due to digestive disorders such as gastroenteritis. Gastroenteritis is basically an infection caused by a specific virus which results in inflammation of stomach and intestine. This results in vomiting in diarrhea.
- Other disorder is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- AS said before the main cause of gas is bacteria and other such organisms.
- Most common cause of gas is due to intake of contaminated food and water. In countries where there is no proper sanitization observed such problems are faced by many such people.
- This can also be due to improper sanitization. This includes food prepared in unhygienic conditions and methods.
Do try to hold gas in your body?
Things to be avoided…
When you are facing the problem of gas, you must never try to retain it into your body. You must always try or at least try to expel it out of the body. Most of the people try to retain it into their body which can cause various other disorders.
Another fact is to avoid foods which are made ingredients difficult to digest. As our stomach or intestine tries to digest such food and due to difficulty there is excessive production of acids which lead to more production of gas. As a suggestion, try to avoid foods which are made of MAIDA.
Home remedies for gas are:
- This tip makes use of Ginger powder.
- First make powder of dry ginger.
- Mix this powder with a pinch of asafetida.
- Again mix this mixture with a pinch of rock salt in 1 cup of warm water.
- Drink this when you have such a problem.
- I know you will like this tip very much as we are going to make use of brandy.
- Mix 2 tsp of brandy in a cup of warm water.
- Drink this solution before going to bed which means before going to sleep.
- In this tip our most important component will be ginger.
- Cut ginger into slices.
- Keep these ginger slices soaked in lime juice.
- Then chew these ginger slices after having your meals.
- In this tip we will make use of ½ tsp of pepper powder.
- Then take ½ tsp of dry ginger powder.
- Again take a ½ tsp of green cardamom seeds.
- Mix all the above ingredients.
- Take ½ tsp of the above mixture and make a solution with water.
- Drink this solution after one hour from having your meal.
All at One Place:
Ginger powder + asafetida + rock salt + water
Brandy + water
Ginger slices soaked in lemon juice
Pepper powder + Ginger powder + Green cardamom seed + water
In case of infants production of gas is normal and they will fart often. But if there is excessive gas production in infants I would suggest you to consult a children’s doctor. And please avoid applying these home tips on infants as these can even prove to be dangerous for their health. So please don’t try to play with your infant’s health.