- Exercise & Fitness
Home workout routine - It only takes 10 minutes to get fit
10 minute Workout Routine
Having a workout routine is crucial for staying fit. Of course you need to eat healthy, but that's only half the equation. You need to be active and have some sort of workout routine that you do consistently. But if you're like me, then you don't want to travel to a gym or pay a ton of money to be able to do this. And I also don't like to spend a whole lot of time on my workouts. So I wanted to see what home workout I could do in ten minutes.
I found out that, yes, ten minutes a day can keep you in good shape. It can be done right when you wake up, after school/work, or even right before you go to bed. The best part about this workout is that it usually doesn't make you sweat significantly, so you won't have to take a shower when you are done either.
Another great part to this workout routine is that it you don't have to buy anything at all to try it! So that means that you can test it out for free and see if you like it! Aren't I nice!! You get a full body workout routine for free. After doing this simple and short workout for a couple weeks, you should start seeing some results.
Working out without weights - Explanations and Suggestions
- Working out without weights - a free way to get fit - Part 1
Working out without weights is the best and cheapest ways to get fit quick. It gives you the ability to perform your usual workout in almost any location where space permits. If you are looking for a...
What muscles are you going to be working?
Obviously, with ten minutes, you aren't going to be able to work every muscle in your body. But you will be able to work the main ones. By the main ones, I mean the ones that look good when they're strong. And that's what we're going for, right? I'm going to give you workouts for your arms, legs, and abs. There are tons of workouts to do for each of these body parts, but I want a home workout that's less than 10 minutes.
The 10 minute workout routine consists of 2 leg workouts, 2 arm workouts, and 4 ab workouts. Each of the workouts should last 1 minute long except one of the leg workouts (squat matrix - it should be 2 minutes long) That adds up to 9 minutes. The last minute is just transition time, which should be 5 seconds for each home workout. Let's make that easier to understand:
- Leg workout routine - 2 total, one is 1 minute, one is 2 minutes
- Arm workout routine - 2 total, both are 1 minute long
- Ab workout routine - 4 total, all exercises are 1 minute long
- 5 second transition time in between each home workout
- Total = 9 minutes 45 seconds
- Man you're going to look good by the end of this
It really is this simple
- Push ups - You can do either normal, incline, or decline push ups, depending on what specific muscles you want to target. This home workout mostly works your biceps and pectorals, but it does work your entire arms. You want to do as much push ups as you can in 60 seconds, making sure to not touch the ground, even if you have to hold yourself in standard position for 20 seconds. (Burnout = doing as much as you can do)
- Dips - There are two different ways to do this, but the way I am talking about doesn't require any equipment. All you need is some sort of bench or chair. This part of the workout routine works your triceps and the back side of your arms. You want to try to get at least 45 reps in the given minute. But don't sacrifice form for speed. You need to get a full 90 degree extension.
- Squat Matrix - This is the one workout that takes 2 minutes. If you have no idea what this is, which I'm assuming you don't, then check out my Hub about working out without weights for a detailed description about it.
- Wall Sits - You should know what this is. It works your quads and the muscles around your knees and it concentrates on basic endurance. The key thing to remember is to keep a 90 degree angle with your knees and to keep your arms straight out. If you finish the squat matrix early then just start the wall sits early.
- Sit ups - Work on getting your shoulders high off the ground and your elbows touching the upper part of your thighs. Try to get at least 50 sit ups in this time period, but don't stop until the minute is up.
- Bicycle - To see how to do this, look at my Hub about workouts without weights. This home workout is important because it works the side part of your abs. That six pack is important, but you have to get rid of those love handles to achieve true sexiness.
- Toe touches - You want to get your shoulders high off the ground because just touching your toes with your hands does not work out your abs very well.
- Flutter Kicks - These are important because they work your lower abs. It's hard to find a workout routine that helps with lower abs, but this is what I have found to be the most efficient.
Why this is so awesome
Doing these 9 simple workouts with a 5 second transition time in between will be more than enough for you to stay in shape. And plus, it takes no time at all. So while all your friends are getting gym memberships and talking about their intense workouts, you can just look at them and laugh at their unnecessary effort to stay fit. If someone starts talking about their great 1 hour workout that they do every day, just show them your abs and say, "10 minutes a day every other day. Boom"
If you liked this Hub, please don't forget to
- Rate it up
- Share it with your friends and networks!
- Leave a comment
- Check out my other Hub on working out without weights