Constipation and Homemade Remedies
What is Constipation?
In simple words, stomach problems and lack of bowel movement due to several reasons (specified below) refers to Constipation. It causes irritation, stomach pain, acidity, piles and diseases.
Prolonged constipation is not good for our health and sometimes dangerous too. We should refer a doctor in this case. Though homemade remedies work wonders. They are powerful and healthy way of getting on the track.
How severe Constipation can be?
Do you know our immunity system depends a lot on digestive system?
Do you know that constipation can make us ill?
Do you know constipation enhances weight gain?
Do you know chronic constipation needs surgical intervention
Answer is :- Yes in some cases it does
What causes Constipation?
Various factors are responsible. Almost every person and child suffers from it. The reasons are given below:-
1) Lack of Exercise
2) Regular Consumption of Junk Food
3) Lack of Fibers and whole grains in diet
4) Strong antibiotics and anti depressants
6) Certain diseases
Amla Juice- natural remedy for stomach problems, hair problems and a great immunity booster
Jamun Juice could be consumed daily, apart from laxative properties it has various health benefits too.
Natural remedies for Constipation:-
- Cabbage Juice:- Cabbage has Sulphur and Chlorine hence it has cleansing and healing effect on digestion. Cabbage also has Glumatine, which is why it is a mild laxative. Raw cabbage or juice should be taken daily in order to get rid of Constipation.
- Watermelon Juice:-Who does not know the health benefits of watermelons? It is rich in vitamins and water content. Melons have a cooling effect on body. It helps to eliminate waste from the body. Water melon Juice is good for kid’s Constipation as well.
- Raw Tomato and Spinach Juice:- Mix Both of these juice and consume in the morning on empty stomach. It is a proven remedy for constipation as it activate liver and it further prevents constipation.
- Amla or Indian Gooseberry Juice:- Amla has laxative and cleansing effect on our digestive system. Amla powder can be taken with water in the morning or just have Amla juice. It is easily available these days.
- Aloe Vera Juice:- Easily available in stores and its plant is found in almost each house. Drink Aloe Vera Juice in the morning daily to cure constipation.
- Jamun or Jambul fruit:- (Indian purple summer fruit)- This fruit is enriched with loads of minerals and vitamins. Vinegar made up of Jamun is really helpful to cure constipation or just have this fruit with lunch or dinner.
Figs, Apricots and Prunes
Fruits and Dry Fruits
Shocked? Yes Dry fruits helps to provide natural oils and fiber required to smoothen the bowel movement.
- Try dried apricots, fig and prunes to cure constipation. Prune juice is really helpful.
- Mangoes:- Mangoes are really helpful to cure constipation. Add one mango pulp with curd or buttermilk. Blend them together. Have this to cure constipation.
- Raisins and Sultanas:- Soak some raisins and sultanas in water and have them in the morning daily. They are great for for indigestion and stomach problems. Give them to your kid as well.
- Flax Seeds:- Flax Seeds are full of fiber. Its paste consumed with water cures constipation. Though in some cases it has not worked well. Try taking it with sour curd.
Sultanas and Raisins
Fiber should be consumed in adundance
Kitchen Invaded Herbs and Remedies
- Carrom or Ajjwain seeds:- Ajjwain has curative properties, it is good for indigestion and constipation. It can be swallowed with water or you can boil it with water and drink the solution. It is good for kid’s as well.
- Baking Soda:- Mix 1 tbsp of baking soda in a glass of water and drink quickly. For acidity, add one lemon juice in this solution and drink quickly. It is an instant relief.
- Hing and Jeera (Asafoetida and Cumin Seeds)- It is granny’s formula. It cures prolonged constipation as well. Just roast some cumin seeds in a pan. Grind them with mortar and pastel. Mix with some Asafoetida and consume with lukewarm water in case of severe constipation, take with cold water in mild cases.
- Buttermilk:- The cheapest and fastest way to get rid of constipation. It acts as a probiotic drink. Add little amount of rock salt, black pepper and coriander to your Buttermilk. It helps to cure chronic constipation as well.
- Mint Leaves:- A very strong flavored herb helps a lot to cure chronic constipation and indigestion. Take one tsp juice of mint with water.
- Salads and Fruits:- In order to cure constipation and prevent it further have green leafy salads with servings of fruits daily.
- Whole Grains:- Whole grains are rich in fiber, They prevent constipation. Oat, Brans, Barley or Dalia should be consumed daily.
- Jaggery:-Consuming Jaggery is one of the most effective ways of controlling indigestion and preventing constipation. Have it with buttermilk or after your food. It really helps.
Yoga and Exercises for Constipation
You can easily cure your stomach problem with Yogasana. While we are doing yoga, our body is relaxed and relieved. Many hormonal changes happens. Active and alert hormones are released by the body. Hence help to cure disease fast.
Watch this video on how to do yoga for Constipation.
Lack of activity is also a reason for stomach problems. Do indulge in more physical activities. Mild exercises can be easily done at home. Walking is a good one.
Lying on your stomach is also good for digestion. Even Doctors suggest that. This i good for kids also.
Super Seed for Constipation
Which is a better remedy for stomach problem?
Some Don’ts in Constipation:-
1) Don’t consume processed food as it lacks fiber.
2) Coffee and Tea should be avoided as they dehydrate body sometimes. You can take lemon or green tea instead.
3) Don’t drink milk or have dairy products while constipated as they are heavy for digestion.
4) Don’t ignore a nature’s call.
5) Don't Consume too much of Alcohols.