Remedy that situation; home remedies
In a situation with no medicine on hand? Not to worry, remedy it! with a home remedy. Home remedies are awesome, you can use ingredients you have on hand, or even in your pantry. Here are the ingredients we will be talking about today.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Onions have anti-inflammatory properties, they can help with swelling, pressure, and can help relieve the pain from a earache. Which makes them great not only for earaches, but other ailments as well. Here is how to use an onion for a earache:
- Cut a medium or large onion in two halves
- Put the two halves in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Take the warm onions and wrap them in a thin cotton cloth. (I used a dish rag).
- Hold the onion halves to your ear. This also draws out infection.
- Once the onion starts getting cold, repeat the process.
You should feel relief in about 20 minutes. If your earache persists, you should see a doctor. Onions do not cure earaches, only relieves the symptoms.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is great for making dressings, and cooking with. It also soothes a sore throat. It contains anti-bacterial properties, aids in fighting the infection causing bacteria, and works as a expectorant; loosening and thinning out mucus or phlegm. Are you ready for some relief?
- Grab a bottle of Undiluted Apple Cider Vinegar (my favorite is Bragg's Organic).
- Head over to the nearest sink, This remedy is not for the weak!
- Take a small sip, and gargle as long as you can stand.
- Once finished spit it out.
- Grab some water and rinse your pallet.
- Repeat every 30-45 minutes.
Not the best remedy for some, but it does work to help soothe, and prevent a sore throat. Especially when you do not have quick access to medicine.
Lemons are used for everything, it even helps people with eczema. Because lemons are so acidic, the juice from a fresh squeezed lemon acts as a soothing antiseptic. Also having vitamin C, it helps with preventing scars from eczema and helps your body create new skin cells. You can even benefit from drinking lemon juice to help heal the eczema. Here is the low down on the lemon remedy:
- Depending on how much eczema you have, you may need to pick up more or less lemons.
- Cut the lemons in halves.
- Squeeze the lemons into a bowl. Or feel free to use a juicer if you have one handy.
- WIth a cotton ball, apply before bed to the problem areas.
- Note: If skin is broken due to itching, it may burn. Beware.
- Leave on overnight and shower in the morning.
- Repeat the process until eczema heals.
If the problem worsens stop use immediately and see a doctor. If you have been itching, have bad bleeding or broken skin, wait to apply a couple of days for the skin to heal back up before applying the lemon juice as it may burn or irritate it further.
Garlic is not just for making food taste delicious, it has amazing healing properties to! Allicin, the compound found in garlic has antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties. Today we will be using it for its anti-fungal properties. Lets talk athletes foot, a recurring problem for most men. Here is how to stop the stink:
- Crush the garlic cloves into tiny pieces.
- Put the pieces in a bowl and add olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Do not saturate the garlic in oil, use just enough to make a paste.
- Stir the mixture blending it well until it has a pasty consistency.
- With a cotton ball or damp rag, dip it into the paste and apply to your feet.
- Let your feet soak for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with soap and water.
- Dry feet completely off.
- Repeat daily as needed.
Adding baby powder or cornstarch in addition to this remedy can also help. Always keep your feet clean and dry, and always change your socks.
Happy to Help with Home Remedies
With these sure fire ways to help out anytime or situation, you will not ever have to worry about leaving your home. Home remedy ingredients are closer than you think. Next time you have an ailment, head over to your pantry and gargle, squeeze, or mince that remedy.