Homeopathy: Thyroid Effects of Radiation Overdose By CT Scan, Chest X-Ray and Cellphone
Dental X-Rays and Brain Tumors
I hate to say, "I told you so." This horrific and sad news should make people fighting mad that they receive treatments that put them at risk.
CNN REPORTS | The major medical journal entitled, "Cancer" published a report telling us that people who have had dental X-rays have higher risk for the meningioma brain tumor. Now, listen to my words, "How many of you allow your children to put their cell phone to their head?" and "How many of YOU put that cellphone to your head at a high rate of frequency." In my humble opinion, this behavior may cause harm to your brain cells. Okay, the types of waves are different between dental X-rays and mobile phone low level radio frequency rays. They heat up the brain cells and over time may do damage. The rate of brain cancer has been increasing. Please be cautious. I also don't know how many times I've told people to ask for the lead neck guard to protect their thyroid from these cancer causing X-rays.
Radiation Research | Standard radiation treatment meant to kill a rare form of breast cancer may actually make the cancer worse. Inflammatory breast cancer represents only 1 to 5 percent of all breast cancer cases, usually diagnosed at younger ages than other breast cancers, posing the highest risk to African American women. Duke University researcher Dr. Mark Dewhirst found radiation, intended to kill the cancer, actually stimulates the tumor cells to move.
GreenMedInfo | Radiation Therapy Can Make Cancers 30x More Malignant
The Washington Post | The use of routine mammograms over the past 30 years has done little to lower the death rate from breast cancer but has sharply increased the number of women (over 1 million) who are wrongly diagnosed with the disease and pay in financial, emotional and long term side-effects, such as lymphedema after surgery, radiation therapy, hormonal therapy and chemotherapy. Source NEJM
New York Times | An analysis of data from six European countries suggests that mammography screening has had no effect on breast cancer mortality. www.nytimes.com/2011/08/02/health/research/02screening.html
British Medical Journal Entry
A study compared three sets of European country's breast cancer screening methods and their outcomes from collection data. Those included in the study were: Northern Ireland (United Kingdom) compared to the Republic of Ireland; the Netherlands compared to Belgium and Flanders (Belgian region south of the Netherlands), and Sweden compared to Norway. Data was collected from World Health Organization mortality database on cause of death and data sources on mammography screening, cancer treatment, and risk factors for breast cancer mortality.
From 1989 to 2006, deaths from breast cancer decreased by 29% in Northern Ireland and by 26% in the Republic of Ireland; by 25% in the Netherlands and by 20% in Belgium and 25% in Flanders; and by 16% in Sweden and by 24% in Norway. The time trend and year of downward inflexion were similar between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland and between the Netherlands and Flanders. In Sweden, mortality rates have steadily decreased since 1972, with no downward inflexion until 2006. Countries of each pair had similar healthcare services and prevalence of risk factors for breast cancer mortality but differing implementation of mammography screening, with a gap of about 10-15 years.
New 3D Mammography Scans Increase Risks For Cancer Dr Mercola says that women can strengthen the immune system by minimizing exposure to ionizing radiation in devices and tests such as mammograms and airport scanners. Think of ways to boost your immune system to eliminate cancer cells on its own, such as daily sunlight, omega3 oils and vitamin D3.
MORE BREAKING NEWS!
Medicare Claims Show Overuse for CT Scanning | NYT | For anyone who has gone in for a scan and then was told they needed a few extra, a report shows that many of them were unnecessary and thus, unnecessarily exposing patients to more radiation. nytimes.com/2011/06/18/health/18radiation.html
The over use of CT Scans saga continues to unfold.
Federal records and interviews with researchers expose this practice. Performing two scans in succession is rarely necessary, radiologists say, yet some hospitals were doing that more than 80 percent of the time for their Medicare chest patients, according to Medicare outpatient claims from 2008, the most recent year available. The rate is typically less than 1 percent, or in some cases zero, at major university teaching hospitals.
Hazards: For Children in E.R., a Big Increase in CT Scans | NYT | Are you at all surprised that children receive more radiation exposure than ever due to the over use of CT SCANS? The mentality that using these devices provides much needed information without the consideration of the cumulative effects on the developing growth of the body boggles the mind. Finally, these reports 'expose' the truth. How ironic that these words of exposure make transparent our inadequate precautions and care when undergoing these supposedly harmless tests. nytimes.com/2011/04/12/health/research/12scan.html
All in the numbers:
- 330,000 given in 1995
- 1.65 million in 2008
CNN | Dr Gupta on CNN announces concern about CT SCAN overuse causes cancer. CT Scan are used to scan every organ of the body because they are painless, but each time you are exposed to radiation. About 440 times as much as an x-ray. 2007 ~ 72 million scans performed in the U.S. About 29,000 cancers may have occurred. Think about all the full-body Cat-Scans that have been performed! When will we weigh the risks and benefits?
- CNN has seen fit to remove this report and article from the internet. Maybe they don't want anyone to know?
- thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/06/ct-scans-for-children-linked-to-increased-cancer-risk/comment-page-1/ CT scans expose children to radiation that could give them cancer
EVEN MORE BREAKING NEWS | Reuters | Research has shown a strong link between UV radiation and skin cancer. This news headline warns people with fair light skin not to go to tanning salons where they will get a hefty dose of UV light. Over two-million Americans get skin cancer every year. One strain of cancer called melanoma causes a majority of deaths annually. [about 11,800]
As in the strategy with getting smoker's to quit their habit through the use of frightening images, these children will be shown people with skin damage in order to change sun-bathing behavior. The most dangerous time of day to lay out in the sun for long periods of time is the heat of the day, around the noon hour. However, getting sunshine in the early morning and later afternoon will assist the body in producing its own protective shield of Vitamin D.
CT SCAN RISK
Dr Oz Adds To the Cumulative Effect of X Ray Awareness
Dr Oz Fans talking and learning about cumulative effects of dental X-rays on women. How does this affect the thyroid gland over time, considering the way this gland regulates metabolism? We now observe an increase in thyroid cancer. What can you do?
Check out “Oz Alert: Dangerous Radiation: Are You At Risk?” including all the topics I have been reporting on: Airport Scanners, Dental X-Rays or CT Scans.
Are CT Scans Harmful?
- TSA Out of Hand Americans Lose Their Freedoms From Body Scans At Airport Check Points | Airport full body scanners may result in anywhere from six to 100 passers contracting cancer annually.
- Cancer Risks Debated for Type of X-Ray Scan | Plans for X-ray body scanners to detect bombs or weapons under airline passengers clothes opens debate about safety of delivering small doses of radiation to millions of people a process some experts say is certain to cause cancer. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/09/health/09scanner.html
Radiation From Medical Scans Soaring
REPORT: Americans now get 6-fold more exposure than in 1980
In 2006, almost 380 million diagnostic and interventional radiological procedures were performed in the United States, on top of 18 million nuclear medicine examinations.
"Back in about 1980, 15 percent of radiation that the U.S. population got was from medicine and the rest was predominantly from natural background radiation," noted Dr. Fred Mettler Jr., U.S. Representative to the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation and a professor of radiology at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque. "In the last 20 years, medical exposure has gone up between 600 and 700 percent from what it was, and it is now the biggest source of radiation to the U.S. population."
DailyBreeze.com | Bill calls for mammogram clinics' glitches to be posted
California diagnostic centers that perform mammograms will be required to publicly post violations stemming from mechanical mishaps or negligence in reading the tests under new legislation . . . the task force believed that the risk of exposure to radiation, along with the cost of these tests, outweighed the benefit of finding lumps early, particularly for women who have no risk factors for breast cancer. The tests are also fairly uncomfortable, the task force noted.
Natural News | Mike Adams gives his take on radiation accidents on brain cancer patients in an article called "Oops! Brain cancer patients over-irradiated with miscalibrated radiotherapy machines
Huffington Post | The FDA Admits Risks of Medical Radiation While Ignoring Dangers of Mammography
On February 9, the Food and Drug Administration announced that it would take stringent action to regulate "the most potent forms of medical radiation," particularly those from increasingly popular CT scans. The FDA is to be commended for warning that such radiation is unsafe and equivalent to that about of 400 chest X-rays, 0.4 rads (radiation absorbed dose), and "can increase a person's lifetime cancer risk."
In 1972, the prestigious National Academy of Sciences warned that the overall risks of breast cancer increase by one percent for every single rad exposure. This totals a 10 percent risk from 10 years annual premenopausal mammography. This warning was emphasized in my 1978 The Politics of Cancer, "Whatever you may be told, refuse routine mammograms, especially if you are pre-menopausal. The x-rays may increase your chances of getting cancer."
DVS SMARTMARKER Device to Measure Radiation
Radiation Overdoses Point Up Dangers of Misused CT Scans
Radiation can heal and radiation can harm. When we begin to haphazardly use scan for every bump, break and unsolved mystery, we can overdose the body. Radiation accumulates over time and with the use of modern technology we think that MRI, dental scans, xrays of pregnant women, and when passing through the airport scanners, is simply okay. We do not realize that these scans can result in a number of symptoms. In addition, we are learning that has been human error in dosage and treatment, malfunctions of machinery and this can damage a person's health for a lifetime.
RADIATION CAN HEAL
We are all familiar with the approach to cancer treatment today. Yes, it is radiation therapy. A Japanese author has written in his scientific abstract, " Abstract: Rapid advances in radiation therapy technology have made remotely controlled after loading system, 3 dimensional planning system and intensity modulated radiation therapy system. These technologies have made it possible to deliver ideally distributed radiation to the target three dimensionally with great accuracy, while sparing the adjacent organs. As a result, radiation therapy becomes a treatment method equal to a surgery in local control probability of cancer in various organs. If the cure rate is the same, treatment method with a few functional deficit and adverse effect by a treatment is regarded as a better. Radiation therapy must be always explained to a patient as alternative therapy of a surgery in early cancer of the organ that function preservation is important. (author abst.)"
- This is attributed to Science Links Japan IKUSHIMA HITOSHI(Univ. of Tokushima, Univ. Hosp.)
BreastCancer.org says for Breast Cancer Metastisis Radiation therapy can help these symptoms:
- shrink the tumor
- decrease pain
- lower the risk of broken bones in areas that may be weakened from cancer
- decrease bleeding
- improve breathing by opening up a blocked airway
- take pressure off a pinched nerve that might be causing pain, numbness, or weakness
Specifically the radiation treatment is supposed to remove the pressure of the tumor on particular organs:
- Spinal Cord
- Excess Bleeding in places like the lungs
- Bone Destruction
- Liver pain
RADIATION TREATS AIDS PATIENTS
One can logically see the connection between the listed effects of radiation poisoning and aids auto-immune disease. Now they are using radiation as a therapy for AIDS. [See thebody dot com slash content slash art31502 dot html#aidswatch
Scans can help determine problems such as tumors, excess fluid around the lungs, and pulmonary embolism (a blood clot in the lungs). A lung scan can detect tuberculosis, emphysema, and pneumonia without having surgery.
RADIATION CAN HARM
- Most people know Madam Curie discovered and worked with radiation and that was also why she died.
- This site defines ionizing radiation and how over time in certain quantities there is the possblity that tissue damage occurs. A more scientific explanation can be read here.
- The radiation can damage the DNA and reduce the ability of the cell to reproduce.
- The doses of radiation absorbed are related to the energy, and high doses of radiation cause major health effects, such as burns, cell damage, and death.
- According to the Free Concise Encyclopedia, the human blood vessel will be severely damaged if exposed to 4000 rads or more, resulting in brain swelling, profound shock, neurological disturbances, and death within 48 hours.
- Less severe damage will occur with doses of 1000 to 4000 rads, and death will transpire within 10 days. Human bone marrow will be destroyed with doses of 150 to 1000 rads, which will cause infection, hemorrhage, and a prospect of death in four to five weeks.
- In addition Natural News Published an article warning that irradiated foods cause severe neurological Damage entitled "Irradiated Foods Cause Severe Neurological Damage"
Health Effects Over TimeThe US Environmental Protection Agency has a page about radiation and health effects
Methods of Radiation Protection
- Reducing the Time of Radiation – The longer a human being is exposed to radiation, the greater his exposure will be. Thus, it is in the best interests to reduce the time frame of radiation exposure of the human being.
- Increasing the Distance from the Radioactive substance – The more away the human being is from the radioactive substance, the risk of exposure is reduced. If the distance is doubled, the rate of exposure is quartered. Hence, workers in highly radioactive areas are advised to pick up radioactive materials with a pair of tongs.
- Shields – People working with radioactive materials always wear protective clothing. Apart from that, it is also said that radiation can be reduced by placing a layer of material between the source of radiation and the human being can also reduce the amount of exposure. The material, however, must be such that it absorbs the radiation. This is why nuclear fallout shelters have been constructed out of thick stone blocks.
However, all radiation is not bad. It has found its use in cancer prevention. Radiation therapy is used for the treatment of cancer patients because radiation is known to prevent cell division. Cancer cells are the fastest dividing cells in the body and therefore cancer radiation therapy is helpful in preventing the growth and spread of cancer cells in the human body.Symptoms of Radiation Sickness/Poisoning
- Decrease in the number of red blood cells.
- Decrease in immunity cells or white blood cells.
- Sterility in males as well as in females.
- Uncontrollable bleeding in the mouth, under the skin and in the kidneys.
- Destruction of bone marrow cells.
- Damage of Gastric and Intestinal Tissue. Intestinal Bleeding.
- Massive Diarrhea and loss of water.
KINDS OF SCANS
- CT, or computed tomography uses a rapid series of X-rays to create detailed images showing slices of body organs and tissues. Doctors in the U.S. order tens of millions of CT scans each year.
- The number of CT scans performed in the United States has increased from 3 million in 1980 to 62 million in 2006. How many more scans have been done in the last few years?
- Scans are standard procedure for quickly detecting a stroke, an injury in which the flow of blood to brain tissue is interrupted.
- Because the effects of radiation is well-know machines using lower and lower doses are being invented. See this article about a new CR Technology. CR, which uses x-ray technology to create computer images of the patient, requires the use of very precise levels of radiation.
- There is also a problem with 'scatter' where the radiation spreads out beyond the delineated boundaries of the target.
- Technicians working in these facilities may also be at risk.
- CT scans are being taken daily of organs and even full body scans. Because they do not use the same technology at old fashioned X-rays does not mean they are safe. Nor does the fact that they are painless and non-invasive give the green light.
- Like other X-ray tests, chest CT scans use a form of energy called ionizing radiation. This energy helps create pictures of the inside of the body.
- The greatest risk to natural development occurs when children have many radiation scans
- Even though scans are painless it doesn't mean you should have them out of curiosity. We know full well you must not have radiation exposure during pregnancy which may affect the developing fetus. Learn more about ultrasound imaging.
- Nuclear warfare is among the primary sources of radiation poisoning. Heat radiation from nuclear war causes thermal burns. The fallout from a nuclear explosion can cause Beta Burns. The Gamma Rays from a nuclear explosion cause gamma radiation. The gamma radiation is the most harmful of all the effects of a nuclear explosion.
- Nuclear reactors are also another cause of radiation sickness. Accidents in nuclear reactors and accidental exposure to radioactive material can often cause radiation sickness among the workers in nuclear reactors.
- Improper handling or disposal of radioactive material and devices can also lead to radiation poisoning.
- Gamma rays are more penetrating as compared to the alpha and beta particles. When these gamma rays penetrate the human body, one can see the symptoms of radiation poisoning. This is called gamma radiation.
- A very good article that explains why you should rethink a scan if you have other options. "The findings come just months after a New England Journal of Medicine report suggested that about one third of all CT scans are unnecessary and that overuse of these tests may be a significant factor in raising the total public risk of cancer deaths in the coming decades. The Columbia University researchers noted that while the individual risks of cancer from CT scans remain low, the increased incidence of cancer may be considerable. To balance image quality with these safety concerns, radiologists use a protocol known as the ALARA principle, short for As Low as Reasonably Achievable. It's meant to ensure that "CT dose factors are kept to a point where risk is minimized for maximum diagnostic benefit," says Arl Moore, president of the American College of Radiology."
Radiation sickness, can include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss, loss of appetite, weakness, red itch skin, sore mouth, sore throat, hair loss, recurrent infections, bleeding, and anemia. You can see how this may take some time to be diagnosed. A person could think they are malnourished, not absorbing vitamins, trying to fight off infections with a weak immune system, have a blood disease or maybe even have AIDS. I wonder about the coincidence of having these symptoms in respect to the timing of radiation treatments or a lifetime of accumulated radiation? [source rightdiagnosis dot com / r / radiation_sickness / intro dot htm]
HUMAN ERROR & MACHINE MALFUNCTION & TREATMENT OVERDOSE
- Hospital Overdose Recorded | More than 200 patients at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center were inappropriately exposed to high doses of radiation during CT brain scans used to diagnose strokes.
- The most recent incidence of radiation over dosing was written by Walt Bogdanich for the New York Times on October 15, 2009. Don't forget you can have your say in the comment section. We learn there are far more diagnostic radiation tests than ever before that have dosed patience in error. Go see if it has happened in your town. These people will live the rest of their lives in anticipation and fear of a possible outcome at any time.
HOMEOPATHY AND RADIATION SICKNESS
If you've been reading my hubpages you know the basic principles of homeopathy. Similar energy patterns that cause a disorder may be used to put things back into order. In a way we are seeing this principle in the use of radiation to treat cancer when we know for sure, based on observation originally, that radiation can cause cancer.
We might say this was homeopathic treatment except for the dosages, application and treatment methods. Homeopathic remedies are highly diluted and succussed or shaken as to imprint the qualities of the substance into the diluting agent of water. The water molecules retain the memory of the substance. When taken by the patient, this similar substance resonates with the body and causes a secondary healing reaction to occur.
There are numerous homeopathic remedies specifically used for radiation poisoning and its symptoms. The most notable are Cadmium-sulph, X-ray, Sol, strontium-carbonicum and flouric-acid [for ulcers from radiation].
Most obviously radiation causes burns. Everyone can imagine a picture of the atomic bomb mushroom and a cloud of radioactive debrey falling from the sky and contaminating the earth, water and all living things. The power of the bomb burns up everything and thus, there are symptoms of burned black skin and tissue.
VOMITING, WEAKNESS, NAUSEA, LOSS OF HAIR, DEFECTIVE IMMUNE SYSTEM
Other homeopathic remedies designated for radiation poisoning are: alfalfa, arsenicum, cadmium, cadmium-iodatum, calc-fluor, calendula, china, cob, hydrastis, ipecac, nux-v, phosphorus, radium-bromide, silica, and uran-n.
Because a number of the remedies are heavy metals they have the similar properties of tending toward destruction, losing electrons, and having a half-life. There are plant remedies that can help nurture the skin.
FIND A PROFESSIONAL
It is always best to find a professional who can determine the best remedy for the situation and symptoms.
Ultrasound image gallery A free gallery of high-resolution, ultrasound, color doppler and 3D images. [ ultrasound-images dot com ]
The Firm - Radioactive
Home Remedy Kits Available
MRI Scans & Their Dangers
G.E. MRI SCAN DYE CAN CAUSE DEATH says Kaviraj on Homeopathy World Community | MRI Scans & Their Dangers for those with weak kidneys The U.S. Food & Drug Administration has required since May 2007 that makers of contrast agents use a stern "black box" warning cautioning physicians to weigh carefully the benefits and risks for patients with weak kidneys.
Sonogram Uses a Doppler. Is this safe?
Homeopathy Non-Toxic Cancer Treatment
A recent study (February 2010) just published in the International Journal of Oncology reveals that homeopathic remedies have a similar action to chemotherapy but none of their toxicity.
Dr. Moshe Frenkel, the lead researcher for this study said, "We felt that homeopathy needed to be tested in the same way that we test new chemotherapeutic drugs. We were quite impressed to find that homeopathic remedies have similar effects to chemotherapy on breast cancer cells but without affecting normal cells, a very exciting finding."
The homeopathic remedies tested included: Carcinosin; Conium maculatum; Phytolacca decandra; and Thuja occidentalis.
The researchers concluded, "the ultra-diluted natural homeopathic remedies investigated in this study offer the promise of being effective preventive and/or therapeutic agents for breast cancer and worthy of further study.
Authors: Moshe Frenkel, Bal Mukund Mishra, Subrata Sen, Peiying Yang, Alison Pawlus, Luis Vence, Aimee Leblanc, Lorenzo Cohen, Pratip Banerji, Prasanta Banerji
Affiliations: Integrative Medicine Program-Unit 145, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030-4009, USA. firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: The use of ultra-diluted natural products in the management of disease and treatment of cancer has generated a lot of interest and controversy. We conducted an in vitro study to determine if products prescribed by a clinic in India have any effect on breast cancer cell lines. We studied four ultra-diluted remedies (Carcinosin, Phytolacca, Conium and Thuja) against two human breast adenocarcinoma cell lines (MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231) and a cell line derived from immortalized normal human mammary epithelial cells (HMLE). The remedies exerted preferential cytotoxic effects against the two breast cancer cell lines, causing cell cycle delay/arrest and apoptosis. These effects were accompanied by altered expression of the cell cycle regulatory proteins, including downregulation of phosphorylated Rb and upregulation of the CDK inhibitor p27, which were likely responsible for the cell cycle delay/arrest as well as induction of the apoptotic cascade that manifested in the activation of caspase 7 and cleavage of PARP in the treated cells. The findings demonstrate biological activity of these natural products when presented at ultra-diluted doses. Further in-depth studies with additional cell lines and animal models are warranted to explore the clinical applicability of these agents.
Balancing Risk Benefit Ratio for CT Scan and Cancer
Ask your physician these questions if in doubt
QUESTIONS TO ASK
What type of radiation therapy is available?
What benefits will each kind of radiation provide?
Are there any side effects to the radiation?
How many weeks of treatment will be necessary?
Will the side effects last long or go away after treatment?
Will I experience chronic side effects?
What management methods are available?
Do I talk to my radiation therapist or another physician after treatment?
Will treatment affect my appearance?
Does radiation increase my chance of another type of cancer?
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter
Originally published 10/16/09