Honey: Nutritious, Beneficial and Highly Useful
Our day begins and ends with us trying to survive and maintain ourselves healthy so that we may continue living for a long, happy time. This means waking up early, working to make money so we can have a house to sleep in and food to eat, consume the right amount of nutrients and try to exercise. Somewhere in that tight schedule we fit the search for love and entertainment, often doing weird and fun things to feel great and excited about each coming adventure in our future. Yet, there are always some activities we could do to better our health and enjoyment we have not considered doing so or simply ignore.
Exercise is generally put aside as a task to be done whenever we have a chance and enough energy to do so. This means that most nights that we get home late from the office the option of working out is not likely. Having a good and balanced diet with greens, fruits, meats, vitamins, minerals and proteins helps us shape our bodies and increases our energy exponentially. Despite this we really do not have time to fully balance our meals and pay attention to every single food we eat and the carbohydrates it has.
I am not saying it is healthy to live this way, constantly checking yourself to see if you are keeping up with these goals. However, it does not hurt to maintain ourselves in a certain amount of control and care so that we may keep going on with our lives and not feel terrible and tired.
Uses of Honey
As hard as making time for the proper diet and exercise regime is, it is a task that we should at least try to accomplish. We can start with small changes and substitutes to some of the products we use to see how we feel and what we can gain out of it. A good example is trying to introduce honey more into our lives. It is a small activity to do but we could gain so much from it. An amazing product that is created by the diligent bees that reside in our ecosystem, honey is nutritious and absolutely divine for the soul, body and mind. It tastes awesome and can be used for so many different applications too!
This mixture is made after the collection and harvest of all the nectar found in the flowers by the bees. This is filled with healthy amounts of sugar and fructose that the body adores and utilizes efficiently. Honey has been employed in many different applications since the beginning of time. People have always used it to aid them in many areas such as medicine, body care, rejuvenation and energy supply. I want to share some of these amazing properties so that you can come to understand the power of honey just a bit more. Here are the most outstanding benefits and uses known right now:
Get an Energy Boost with Honey
- It gives you a substantial energy boost: Many of us wake up in the morning and immediately begin yearning for the sweet comfort of our beds. To fix this, most will go to brew up some coffee or drink sugary beverages. A good idea would be to get a spoon of honey instead. They can still take their coffee or tea even, but perhaps instead of using sugar try honey as a substitute. It's delicious, a tad healthier and I am sure you will not regret experimenting a little with it.
- It is often used as anti-bacterial: Most of us are not conscious of the fact that natural things such as lemon and honey can be used to disinfect and clean almost anything. People from back of the day would always use a small concoction of honey and apply it on wounds, grazes, cuts, burns and much more. It immensely helped in the healing process fighting off any bacteria and preventing many infections.
Have you tried honey as a sugar substitute?
Health Honey - Raw Unheated Unprocessed by YS Eco Bee Farms 22.0 oz. Paste Raw Unheated Unfiltered Unpasteurized What is the major difference in organic from conventional beekeeping Organic bee colonies are not maintained with the use of any chemicals Terramycin for treating foulbrood disease Apistan for Verroa mites GardStar for treating small hive beetles nor Bee Go to chase bees instead of using a smoker.
Honey: A Natural Moisturizer
- It can help fight allergies: Another use that goes hand in hand with the one mentioned before, honey is pretty well known for being able to fight common allergies efficiently. One of its most known uses is being mixed with lemon to help alleviate a sore throat. I know many more times than not I have used that delicious compound rather than drink a pill for it. The immune system greatly benefits from all this as well since the nutrients held by honey are used by the body to create superior defenses towards any virus or bacteria.
- Honey is used as a moisturizer: Feel like your face needs some care and attention? Try honey in the own comfort of your home. Seriously though, this works wonders on the skin, especially areas that are dry or scarred. Leaving a good amount on the face makes your skin feel supple and look amazing so why not try it? Acne is also gone after a couple applications of this miracle. Just make sure to have it on for a good 30 minutes or so.
omvita Childrens Manuka Honey Elixir is specially formulated for the temporary relief from the symptoms of throat irritations and to support wellness. The ingredients make this product ideal for children over two years of age. It contains no artificial sweeteners or preservatives. New Zealand Manuka has long been valued for its health-maintaining effects and Manuka Honey is gaining worldwide recognition for its unique properties. Propolis contains high levels of bioflavonoids and supports the immune system.
Fight Cancer with Honey
- There are suggestions that it could help against the fight with cancer: Known for being an anti-carcinogen, honey seems to be able to even prevent cancer at times. There are many cases and studies that make this idea a more believable one too. There are no specific results but there is no harm in consuming a little honey every other day or so.
- It works wonders for your hair: I could not believe the effect honey has on your hair until I saw it with my own eyes. It brings a shiny and healthy complexion to any type and is so easy to use too. It is not like any other chemical substance since there is absolutely no harm done after using it on your scalp.
There are many more ideas and rumors going about what else the honey can do but these are very positive and amazing uses you can try out right now! The results are of course going to be different for every person but I assure you that you will see a difference. I for example now take my tea with honey whenever I'm feeling particularly overwhelmed with what's ahead and feel an instant surge of energy.
It doesn't hurt to try things out and you may find honey to be a great addition to your way of life. Just remember to consume it in moderation and enjoy it!
Article by: Steven Gutiérrez