- Alternative & Natural Medicine
What is Naturopathy : 5 Elements of Human Body!
Heal Yourself by Nature!
What Is Naturopathy? Can your body heal by itself?
© Chitrangada Sharan
All Rights Reserved.
- Most of the physical and mental health problems are caused by the violation of natural laws, such as ignorance, lack of self control, over indulgence, missing of the essential elements from our body.
- Naturopathy can help to undo the adverse effects of these factors as claimed by the Naturopaths.
- The power to cure a disease lies within our own body.
- Naturopathy is an alternative therapy, which is a combination of Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Homeopathy, Herbal and other such methods of treatment.
- This system of healing revolves around the five basic elements that is believed to be components of human body.
- Also called as the Panchtatva, in Hindi. They are the Earth, the Sun, Water, Air and Ether.
- Naturopathy is believed to treat lifestyle induced diseases, which can be chronic ailments as well.
- Naturopaths claim to treat obesity, hypertension, respiratory tract infections, skin diseases and other many health and lifestyle ailments.
How Does Naturopathy Work To Cure Diseases?
Detoxification is the most fascinating feature of this kind of therapy.
The whole treatment revolves around detoxifying the body by taking the affected person back to basics, that is back to Nature.
There is no set pattern or formula. What treatment is to be given is decided by keeping in mind the special and specific need of the concerned person.
People with chronic diseases such as Diabetes, Hypertension, Thyroid disorder etc. are asked to continue with their regular medicines along with the Naturopathy therapy or treatment.
Diet plays a very important role in healing along with the therapies.
In the process of detoxification of the body, boiled and bland food is advised by the Naturopathy health experts till the therapy is going on.
Yoga to aid healing:
Yoga exercises, prayers, meditation and relaxation also go simultaneously along with this alternative therapy.
The purpose is to clean and detoxify both physically, mentally and psychologically.
Naturopathy treatment does not advocate for medicines or chemicals. The treatment may last for two to ten days, depending upon the severity of the disease.
The treatment can be administered to people from the age group of 20, up to the elderly group of even 90.
Both Outpatient department and In Patient department treatments are available. In patient's department treatment includes food etc. as well.
What is Naturopathy, source: You tube
The art of healing comes from Nature, not from the physician.
Therefore the physician must start from Nature with an open mind.
---Philipus Aurculus Paracelsus
What Are The Five Elements Of Naturopathy Therapy?
Earth, Water, Air, Ether and the Sun
are the five elements which are believed to compose the human body.
Mud therapy is given to condition the body, which includes mud bath, mud packs,mud massage etc.
Chronic gastric ailments, skin ailments can be treated by this method.
We all know the amount of water we have in our body. Water therapy is also called Hydro therapy. and is one of the major feature of Naturopathy.
Water acts as a stimulant, anti-pyretic and reduces fever and improves kidney functions.
Exposure of the human body to fresh air is very important and Naturopathy believes in that. This is practised after body massage, mud bath, mud massage etc. to get the benefits of fresh air.
Ether denotes a vacuum according to Naturopaths and this involves fasting therapy, depending on the patient's condition.
§ The Sun:
The Sun therapy is the fifth feature of Naturopathy therapy.
Those undergoing the treatment are made to soak up the Sunlight or get the Sun exposure in different surroundings and get its benefits.
What is Naturopathy, source: YouTube
The Naturopathy Therapy includes:
- Fasting--complete or partial,
- Water or fruit diet,
- Bland food,
- Mud bath or Mud packs,
- Sun bathing,
- Specialized Massages---- under water or otherwise.
Is Naturopathy really effective, source: YouTube
Do you believe that the Naturopathy therapy works?
Some of the Naturopathy Centers in India
1. Nature Cure Hospital, A.P. Yogadhyana Parishad, Andhra Pradesh
2. Jindal Naturecure Institute, Bangalore, Karnataka
3. Vishwakalyan Ayurved and Naturopathy Centre, Gandhi Nagar
4. Aayushmaan, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
5. Swas Healthcare, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
6. Pathanjali Arogyadhama Nature Cure Hospital, Karnataka
Conclusion and Caution:
- The human body's self healing characteristics is what the practitioners of Naturopathy believe in. They use it to treat people suffering from various health conditions.
- Naturopaths recommend exposure to naturally occurring elements, such as The Sun, Air, Mud, Herbs, certain foods etc.
- They also advise activities they describe as natural, such as Yogic exercises, meditation, relaxation, fasting and other such activities.
- Naturopaths claim that these natural treatments help restore the ability of the human body to heal itself.
- The natural methods may not necessarily be suitable and safe to everyone.
- These methods may not be more effective than clinical methods or medicines.
- As such proper and specialized advise must be taken before setting out to take the benefits of the Naturopathy therapy.
© Chitrangada Sharan
Other Related Hubs By Chitrangada Sharan
- What is Reiki : An Alternative Therapy for Mental a...
In 'Reiki therapy' universal life energy, flows from the practitioner's hands towards the body and is utilized to heal the mind, body, immune system, to get rid of toxins and this leads to relaxation.
- Why And When Should You Go To A Counselor Or A Thera...
Are you feeling confused, struggling with situations/ relationships, unable to take decisions, dying to get 'that' support? Then probably you need some counseling sessions by a trained psychotherapist.
- How To Reduce And Manage Stress By Art Therapy!
Art Therapy is an effective tool to reduce and manage stress. It helps those affected to overcome emotional disorders n improve communication skills. They express difficult feelings by means of Art.
- Water Therapy : Alternative Treatment By Water For ...
Water is the most essential element and component of human physiology. It also has wonderful healing properties, with the presence of various crucial elements present in it, beneficial for health.
© 2015 Chitrangada Sharan