- Alternative & Natural Medicine
How Do You Cure A Stomach Ache — Home Remedies
Stomach ache or abdominal pain is something with which we all come face-to-face so many times in life, and pray to god that please save me this time, I will not eat wrongly or play with my food habits next time.
What Is A Stomach Ache
Stomach aches are abdominal pain which are caused due to food, gas, bloating, and constipation, and for such types, here I am talking about the home remedies in this how do you cure a stomach ache. For any other types of stomach ache which indicates serious illnesses, please seek medical attention from your nearby health center.
What Are The Causes Of Stomach Pain
Here again I am talking about stomach ache which are related to our food habits, gas, constipation, and bloating.
a) Indigestion — Eating in excess, eating too quickly, or eating very rich content food which is high in protein and fat, or drinking excess alcohol are the few major reasons behind indigestion.
b) Lactose intolerance- Do you almost 30% of the population is lactose intolerant.
c) Constipation — Constipation is the stool impaction which leads to stomach ache.
d) Gas and bloating — If I will eat fried snacks, within a few minutes to hours my stomach will bloat with gas. So I know what to avoid. You must also watch what triggers gas in your stomach to avoid stomach ache later.
e) Medications like NSAIDs damage the inner protective lining of the stomach leading to stomach ache.
f) Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) — No known causative factor is known for this ailment, only we know that it can give your stomach ache and the remedy is controlled and disciplined food habits.
g) Food intolerance and food allergy such as gluten intolerance can give you abdominal pain. Gluten is a type of protein found particularly in grains such as wheat and barley.
h) GERD- The valve which separates the stomach from the esophagus can get damaged from the acid produced in the stomach in the long term due to wrong food and lifestyle habits. The remedy is disciplined approach to food and life.
Anything other than the above causes should be sought medical attention from your nearby health center.
How Do You Cure A Stomach Ache — Home Remedies
I have always believed and resorted to home remedies for how to cure stomach pain and few of them are listed below.
IMP: When you have stomach ache, avoid sweet, sweet based products, and any kind of oil or oil based food till the time you are absolutely back to your normal health.
1) Lemon soda — My belief for it is strengthened by the fact that it gives instant relief from indigestion, gas, stomach pain and bloating. Simply squeeze half a lemon in a glass, add a pinch of salt to taste, pour soda it and drink it.
Relieve Your Stomach Pain With
2). Apple Cider Vinegar — This will give you instant and long-term relief both. Vinegar has also many uses in our health system and as a cure for stomach ache is one of them. Simply put two to three teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar diluted in a full glass of water and drink. This is one of the best antacids for your system to treat stomach pain and bloating and indigestion.
3). Baking Soda — Baking soda is a household item and gives instant relief from stomach cramps and severe stomach pain. Take a glass of water and put a teaspoon of baking soda in it and drink it. It will act as homemade antiacid and help relieve stomach pain and bloating and indigestion.
4) Carom Seeds (ajwain) and Salt — Take a small bowel, put one teaspoon of carom seeds and half a teaspoon of salt and mix them well and chew them and eat. This is one of the best home remedies for gastric pain.
5) Mint leaves — Once I came back late having a hearty dinner and started having symptoms of abdominal pain. I remember what my grandpa used to do. I plucked some fresh mint leaves from the plant, crushed them, brew a cup of tea for myself, strained the leaves and drank the tea. Alternatively, you can directly chew the mint leaves too or use mint based stomach pain potions from the drug store.
6) Ginger is also a wonder herb providing remedies for stomach ache. It is anti-inflammatory, stimulates circulation, and relieves constipation, indigestion, heartburn, flatulence, stomach cramps, and bloating. Ginger can be used through different methods like:
a) Grate a 1-inch cube of ginger and make tea of it and drink.
b) You can have ginger root capsules from nearby stores.
c) grate a 1-inch cube of ginger, mix a pinch of rock salt in it, and place in your mouth and slowly ingest the juice.
7). Fennel seeds — Either chew half a teaspoon of raw dried fennel seeds or crush them and make tea of them and drink. Both are remedies for stomach ache.
8). Buttermilk (chaach) with asafetida (hing), powdered cumin seeds (jeera), and turmeric powder (haldi) — Buttermilk is the liquid left after churning out of butter. Take 500 ml of this butter milk and add a pinch of asafetida and a pinch of turmeric in it. Also, put two teaspoon of powdered roasted cumin seeds in it and mix all the ingredients well in the buttermilk. Now drink half a glass of it with each meal you take. This is a disciplinary approach during summer time to keep your stomach healthy, away from gas, bloating, indigestion, and stomach cramps.
Make Your Stomach Healthy With
9). Aloe Vera — The benefits of aloe vera are innumerable but how I have benefitted myself through this is getting my constipation rectified through aloe vera juice; otherwise, I used to have severe stomach pain. It cleanses the whole gastrointestinal tract. Once constipation is corrected, gas, bloating, and stomach ache will automatically resolve. So, it is also a long-term permanent solution for abdominal pain. So drink aloe vera juice daily early in the morning and have a healthy digestive system along with scores of other benefits of aloe vera.
10) Curd or yoghurt maintains the healthy bacterial flora of our gut or intestine. Due to antibiotic usage, the flora gets disturbs, so always eat a bowl of curd daily in the morning to keep your intestine healthy and keep intestinal pain at bay.
Your are welcome to help others by giving your input which you have tried or seen helping others in Stomach Pain by leaving your valuable suggestions in the comment section of this article How Do You Cure A Stomach Ache — Home Remedies.