How To Avoid Mouth Ulcers
What Is Mouth Ulcer?
- Mouth ulcers are painful white or yellow in color lesion, surrounded by red area.
- These ulcers are usually formed on the gums, mouth or tongue.
- It is hard to swallow food or drinks and talking are painful, sometimes excessive saliva keeps dripping from the mouth.
- In addition, bad breath happens.
- Usually one ulcer or more develops rapidly.
- Children and toddlers frequently get mouth ulcers because they don't drink enough water to hydrate their little bodies.
- Thus, the temperature rise which will cause ulcers popping up especially if they accidentally bite their own tongue and knock their gums against something hard when they fall down.
What causes Mouth Ulcers?
- Accidentally biting own tongue or mouth, fish bone poke onto the gum or side wall of the mouth.
- It is best not to gobble up your food or talk while eating because accidents tend to occur.
- It is wise to remove all tiny fish bones before consumption.
- Fish bones accident usually happens when adults consume fish without biting the flesh thoroughly.
- When fish bones poke onto the gum, it will bleed and the wound could not recover immediately.
- Therefore, bacteria and gum infections occur especially when open wounds are not treated at once.
- Lack of iron. When your blood streams are shortage of iron, the oxygen is reduced in the blood that your body organs especially mouth, tongue and gums to easily bruised when slightly hit or bitten.
- Hormone changes. This usually happens to young teens, ladies and middle age women who frequently develop mouth ulcers during their monthly menses
Low Price , yet Useful For Mouth Ulcer
What are the symptoms?
Firstly, your body temperature will rise. Then, you could feel a burning sensation on your tongue, mouth or gum. It feels like your flesh is being slice by a knife. Eww!
Why did it happen?
Poor Oral Hygiene. You need to brush your teeth twice a day and use mouth wash everyday, preferably after every meal.
Lack Of Vitamins. Vitamin B and C. Good sources of Vitamin B are potatoes, banana, lentils, tempeh, beans, Marmite and molasses. Vitamin C can be found in guava, papaya, orange, strawberry, kiwi, cantaloupe and grapefruit.
Pressure or Lack of Sleep. Relax your body and mind to relief pressure and stress. Exercise is a good way to keep your body up and going. Sleep 8 hours daily.
Short of Water. Drink lots of water,preferably, 8 glass of water per day. You can choose fruit juice or soups. Avoid coffee, carbonated drinks or alcoholic drinks.
How long will it go away?
Takes around 7 to 10 days.
Home Treatment And How To Avoid Ulcers
- Eat plenty of fruits with vitamin C especially blackcurrant, guava, orange, strawberry and papaya.
- Drink a bottle of yogurt daily.
- Gurgle and rinse mouth with 1tsp of salt water mix with 1 glass of warm water 3 times a day. Don't swallow it. Spit it out.
- Drink orange or tomato juice.
- Consume Vitamin C supplement.
- Eat raw tomatoes, 1piece-big ones or 5 pieces-small cherry tomatoes.
- Don't use any toothpaste with SODIUM LAUREL SULFATE.
- Change toothbrush because it may contain bacteria or plague.
- Avoid spicy food, fried food, carbonated or alcohol or hot drinks.
- Rub a pinch of salt on the ulcer until it bleeds. Be informed that it is extremely painful and might leave a scar.
- Cookies N Cakes
Welcome to my baking blog. Here, I have provided step-by-step photos of how to bake wonderful cookies. If you have any questions or comments, please do so. I really appreciate that. Happy Baking!