How To Break Free From Your Alcohol Addiction
Do You Feel Chained to Your Addiction
There are so many people that are addicted to alcohol in our society today. These people are literary chained to their addiction with no escape in site.
How to break free from your alcohol addiction is what we the alcoholics have to find out. Will it be an easy escape or will it be hopeless. It's all up to each individual and how they want to face their addiction on their own or for some never want to face the addiction and just be happy living in their addicted life till the end of time.
Lets Try to Figure This Out
These are some of my idea and things that worked for me when I faced up to my alcohol addiction and said enough is enough, I need to change my life and in fact, save my life and family as well.
STEP ONE: If you think or know that you are addicted to alcohol, but you are having a hard time dealing with the thought of sobriety then I suggest you think about these few very important things.
Just stop and think of this for one minute: If someone were to come to you and tell you they would give you One Million Dollars if you could stop drinking alcohol and become sober for one straight year, do you think you could do it?
You would probably say heck yea, I do that for One Million Dollar ! So the question is, if your are willing to quit drinking alcohol for one year for that kind of money, than what's stopping you from quitting drinking to save your life and your families? Think about it and then you will know that when offered something such as money you will come clean and sober and that tells yourself that somewhere deep down inside of you, there is the willpower and the desire to stop drinking alcohol, and it also says that you want sobriety so bad that you are willing to do anything to achieve it.
- Alcoholics are far from dumb people. We know exactly what we are doing to ourselves and our families. It's just that we live in that little place in our lives called "Denial" We know we are doing wrong deep down inside, but we do not want to except the fact that we are alcoholics and we have a problem with drinking alcohol. What we need to do is to stop and look around at the people that love and care for you and take that look into the mirror and see for yourself that person that is crying for help , but afraid to ask.
- No one wants to be addicted to alcohol. It is a horrible way to live life being drunk or hung over everyday of your life. We are missing out on so many beautiful things that life has to offer and by focusing everything around alcohol. We are the ones that are missing out on life. Our addiction helps out so well in doing this to millions of people all over the world.
- Look into that mirror and ask the person looking back at you what he/she really wants out of life. This person in the mirror you may not recognize because of the change in appearance over time living with he/she alcohol addiction.
- This appearance can be corrected and you can look like the person you used to know before your addiction took over your life.
- It is fixable and doable, all you need to do is WANT YOUR SOBRIETY BACK. If you don't care about your life and others then just continue on the way you are living and start looking for your final resting place for the future. These addictions will catch up with all of us. It may take years, but believe me the addiction will win if you allow it to.
Can You See Whats Happening ?
The reason for the straight forward and blunt statement about your final resting place is because I have a bit of hatred towards those alcohol demons that ran my life. When you become sober you will realize the same and will think of all the lost years you had while being addicted.
Some may think I write to down alcohol and that is not the case at all. There is nothing wrong with going out and having a good time, but it has to be done responsibly and knowing when to stop.
Believe me I know just how much fun you can have drinking alcohol and I had plenty or great times, but I also know what alcohol can do to you, such as:
- I know alcohol is capable or ruining your life.
- I know that alcohol has destroyed many families and their lives.
- I know that millions of people die in car crashes and alcohol related also.
- I know that alcohol can and will change your appearance and personality.
- I know in time alcohol will bring you down to the lowest point in your life, called rock bottom.
- I know that alcohol will drain you of all self esteem and confidence you once had.
These are the main reasons I have so much hatred towards drinking alcohol. It became an everyday routine and getting worse by the day and I couldn't go without out. Those that are addicted to alcohol know exactly what I am am talking about.
It's pretty sad when you wake up in the morning and the first thing that comes to your mind as you open your eyes is when can I have my first drink of the day?
The alcoholic can not have one or two drinks and walk away This is the problem and how we get depended on alcohol and in turn become addicted to it.
Books on Sobriety
My Thoughts on Breaking the Chains
My thoughts on breaking the chains of addiction are that in order to have sobriety come back into your life you are going to have to want it and want it bad.
You must admit you have an alcohol addiction and that you want help to become sober.
You need to surrender to your demons once and for all and promise yourself never to pick up that drink ever again.
You must be willing to enter a Rehab. Center if need be and while in you need to think only Positive thoughts that you will win over your addiction and that you will succeed in your sobriety and make it long term sobriety (Forever)
Once you have all these things straight in your mind and you have that Positive Attitude, the Willingness, The Desire, And The Belief In Yourself, you my friend on heading for the ride of your life. THE LIFE OF SOBRIETY!
MY WISH TO ALL THOSE THAT ARE ADDICTED TO ALCOHOL IS, I HOPE ALL MY NEGATIVE THOUGHTS ON ALCOHOLISM SHEDS SOME LIGHT ON YOUR ADDICTION AND YOUR LIFE AND HELP YOU REALIZE THAT THERE IS HOPE AND HELP FOR EACH AND EVERY ALCOHOLIC ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE DESIRE TO BECOME CLEAN AND SOBER.
Books on Alcohol Addiction
© 2011 Mark Bruno