- Diet & Weight Loss
How to Detoxify Naturally: 7 Days Effective Detox Diet Plan!
Other useful hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Water Cure Or Water Therapy : Alternative Methods Of...
Water is the most essential element and component of human physiology. It also has wonderful healing properties, with the presence of various crucial elements present in it, beneficial for health.
Why do we need to Detoxify?
- © Chitrangada Sharan, May 2013
- All Rights Reserved.
- Are you the one, who has the tendency to overindulge during festivals, weddings or any kind of parties?
- Have you been eating a lot of junk food recently?
- Have you been feeling bloated, sluggish, lethargic, heavier or sleep deprived?
- Do you suffer from frequent mild headaches or skin problems?
- Do you have problem in starting to lose weight?
Then this article is just right for you. Its like your body is telling you,-----
''GIVE ME A BREAK!!!"
Sometime or the other, we all tend to overeat or eat the wrong kind of food. Most of the food, which we love to eat, do lead us to the above mentioned symptoms.
What is Detoxification?
- Detoxification is a cleaning up process, which works towards eliminating toxic materials from our body. Our body has its own natural cleaning up system.
- Detoxification is a process, which has been practised since time immemorial and has special method mentioned in Ayurveda science.
- Detoxification is all about removing and eliminating toxic materials from the body and giving the body a rest and eat healthy food of nutritional value to rejuvenate so that you feel energised and your immune system becomes stronger.
- Detoxification means removing impurities from blood, liver, lungs, intestines, skin by means of urinating, sweating etc.
- A Detox diet is a dietary plan, in which the follower has to avoid certain foods and consume certain food items, so that the blood and the vital organs naturally cleanse themselves by the biological process.
- Our body becomes a storehouse of excessive fat, carbohydrates,the harmful components of processed food, alcohol etc., after overindulgence of food. A detox diet clears up the acid accumulation and inflammation, if any from our body.
Manage Your Weight By Detoxifying--How To Detoxify?
There are many ways to detoxify, suggested by health experts. You must however fully understand your system and your limitations, before embarking upon a Detox plan. The best person to advise you, is your doctor or an expert nutritionist. Because the process has to be followed slowly and sensibly, to achieve the maximum benefit.
Eliminate All Toxins:
Here I am talking of Alcohol, Cigarettes, Coffee, Refined Sugar and Salt etc. They are a great hindrance to detoxifying process.
If you have a stressful mind, your body will release stressful hormones, which do not in any way, help you in achieving good health.These stress hormones lead to adrenal rush, which in turn leads to large amount of toxins, thus slowing down the detoxification process.
You must learn, how to avoid stress and you can do so by practising 'Yoga' and 'Meditation.' Yoga not only relaxes your body, it also relaxes your mind too. Any physical activity or work out, for at least 30 minutes to one hour is helpful in this regard.
How Does The Detox Plan Work
1. Give rest to the body, that is its internal organs, by means of fasting,
2. Stimulate the liver to drive away the toxins, so that they are eliminated from the system by skin, kidneys, intestines and also improve the circulation of blood.
The body has a very organised cleaning up system and all this happens naturally.
3. Eating healthy food to refuel, re-energize and rejuvenate.
Do you follow Periodical Detoxification Diet Plans?
What Are The Different Types Of Detox Plans
Different types of Detox diets have been suggested by health experts. You have to choose the one which suits you best:.
Some nutritionists suggest a 7 day detox plan, while others suggest 3 to 4 days plan, depending upon individual needs.
There are 30 days detox plans also.
♣ The lemonade diet:
For three whole days, one has to sip lemon juice or lemon tea.
This leads to removal of processed fats from the system and even makes you to lose weight. The problem pf bloating is also solved.
♣ All vegetable and fruits diet:
Eating raw and unprocessed food, whole and fresh fruits, in small portions for a period of 7 days.
Fresh fruit and vegetable juices and barley water can also be taken.
Choose from watermelon, carrots, cucumber, papaya, beetroot, cabbage, broccoli, sprout salad, flax seed and so on.
The purpose is to include lot of fibre to ease the cleaning process.
♣ Water diet:
Many people go for a water diet for eliminating toxins from the body. But it is difficult to sustain the plan.
This is as good as fasting and should be followed only under medical supervision.
######## AN EFFECTIVE DETOX PLAN ########
This is a very easy detox plan to follow and can be followed for 5 to 7 days. After the plan is over, one should continue to eat sensibly, that is avoid the wrong foods and eat the right ones.
# On awakening-
One glass of lemon juice or lemon tea.
One scrambled egg, one small portion of non starchy vegetable and barley water.
# At mid morning, that is around 11: 00 a.m.
One whole fruit, such as apple or orange.
One piece fish, non shelled type, boiled or grilled. For vegetarians one slab home made paneer or cottage cheese. A bowl of salad made with fresh fruits and vegetables and a glass of barley water.
One whole fruit and green tea or lemon tea or mint tea.
Same as lunch.
# Important to include:
'Will power, 'Self restraint'' and lot of 'Patience'' as well in your plan.
# Also include '10-12 Glasses of water', 'Exercise' for at least 30 minutes' and 'Eight hours of sleep' as a part of your detox plan.
♣♣ A word of Caution!
A detoxification program is generally safe, but should not be followed by ----
# Pregnant women,
# Nursing mothers,
# Elderly people
# and people suffering from any chronic ailments.
In any case, consulting with your family physician or nutrition expert is the right and safe thing to do.
Health is wealth--Take Care!
© Chitrangada Sharan 1st May, 2013
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Other useful hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- What Is Anemia(Anaemia)? What Are The Foods To Cure ...
Do you always feel tired and fatigued? Get your blood examined. One of the causes for this may be Anaemia or Iron deficiency. Read on- for causes, symptoms and solutions to deal with Iron deficiency.
- 5 Bitter But Healthy Foods That You Better Eat For G...
Health experts feel that the deficiency of bitter foods in our regular diet is to a great extent, responsible for growing diseases.These foods purify, are anti bacterial, anti viral,anti inflammatory.
- What Are Essential Antioxidants: Why They Are Import...
Antioxidant are those vital nutrients usually termed as Vitamins and Minerals, which protect our body's cells from wear and tear and repairs them. They are found in abundance in natural food items.
How to Detox for beginners, source: You tube!
© 2013 Chitrangada Sharan