How To Get Rid Of Kidney Stones
Natural Remedies to Get Rid Of Kidney Stones
The kidneys fulfill a few essential tasks for the normal functioning of our body: they filter our blood from the wastes and toxins that come in along with what we eat, they regulate our blood pressure, help produce the red cells in our blood and keep our bones strong. When a stone develops in our kidney, its activity is slowed down, which can manifest in vomiting, increased blood pressure, fever and a persistent pain in our back. If you face this kind of health problem, you should decide how to get rid of kidney stones together with your doctor, after an in depth consultation that will determine the size and the composition of the stones.
Most kidney stones are made of calcium and can be relatively easily eliminated through the urinal tract. Stones made of other minerals can prove resistant to treatments, increase fast and reach a size that does not allow them to go out of our body by themselves.
There are three main methods that people usually use combined or separately to get rid of kidney stones: natural remedies, medication and medical intervention.
How to get rid of kidney stones with natural remedies:
When the kidney stones are smaller than 4 mm, there are many herbs we can use to prepare teas that will help us expel the stones faster. Some of the most effective herbs are the corn silk, plantain and yarrow leaves, goldenrod, nettle, asparagus root and fennel. Use one or more of these herbs to prepare teas and drink no less than 4-5 cups per day for effective results.
How to get rid of kidney stones through medication:
Most of the medicines prescribed to patients with kidney stones will help dissolve them and prevent new ones from forming. Depending on the minerals prevailing within your stones, the doctor will prescribe medicines based on thiazides or potassium citrate (for calcium stones), sodium bicarbonate (for uric acid stones) or penicillamine (for cystine stones). There are also some medicines, called alpha-blockers, which stimulate the spontaneous stones passage by relieving the ureter’s muscles from tension. Medication alone will not help you get rid of the kidney stones. The golden rule for coming to eliminate the renal calculi is to drink many liquids.
How to get rid of the kidney stones through medical intervention:
When the kidney stones have exceeded 4 mm in diameter, they are not only unlikely to go out with the urine, but it would be also dangerous for this to happen because the stone could stop somewhere on the way, causing you pain and blocking other functions. When the stones become too big, it is advisable to find ways to break them down into pieces or alternative ways of getting them out of our kidneys. The three most frequently used medical interventions for getting rid of the kidney stones are the following:
- Sending shock waves to the kidney will cause stones crushing and will ease the eliminating process.
- Tunnel surgery consists in the removal of the stone through a narrow tunnel made into the patient’s back.
- Ureteroscope is a wire with one camera at one end that is introduced in the patient’s ureter, allowing the doctor to pull out the stone or destroy it with a device, for later elimination.
For someone having kidney stones it is useful to gather as much info as possible on this disorder. But only the doctor, after a thorough analysis, will tell you how to get rid of kidney stones in the most effective and quickest way.
How To Dissolve Kidney Stones
When our kidneys fail to get rid of the wasted minerals from our alimentation or when we do not drink enough liquids throughout the day, we will find ourselves facing a very unpleasant health problem: kidney stones. Problems caused by kidney stones range from small and temporary to very painful ones, depending on the size and mineral composition of the calculi that build upon the organs. These are very important aspects to take into account before deciding how to dissolve the kidney stones.
Most of the kidney stones are made of calcium, which is easily dissolvable. Other kinds of kidney stones are those made of cystine, struvite and uric acid. These ones are more resistant to our attempts of dissolving them, gaining size and leading often to undesirable complications.
Here are some tips on how to dissolve the kidney stones, for which we can go in the first stage, especially if we are dealing with calcium stones, less problematic and more responsive to treatments:
- Water: You can never say you have drunk enough water especially if you have kidney stones. Lack of water is the main cause of the kidneys disorders. Research has pointed out that people living in areas with torrid climate are more likely to suffer from kidney stones than those located in territories with more friendly temperatures, due to dehydration. Drinking water is the golden rule to prevent the stones from forming and to help dissolve them if they are there. Water is a natural resource, at anyone’s hand and a natural cure for all the kidneys problems. When you have questions about how to dissolve the kidney stones, spot the closest place where you can take some water from. Pay attention though to not taking in to much water at once. The best is to dose the water intake to 500 ml at every 2-3 hours.
- Herbs teas: Water is a sine qua non condition for solving the issue, but often only pure water may not be the only way to take when you are wondering how to dissolve the kidney stones. There are many herbs that due to their diuretic and dissolving properties on stones can prove very efficient in solving this kidneys issue. Some of them are: hydrangea root, wild yam root, cramp bark, Joe-pye weed, yarrow leaf, plantain leaf, corn silk, fennel seed, nettle leaf, oat straw, ravel root, marshmallow root or ginger. Use these gifts of nature to prepare infusions and drink of them at least 4 cups per day. After a while, you will notice a relief from the kidney stones symptoms, not to mention that these plants bring along many other benefits four your health.
- Vitamin C: If you are wondering how to dissolve kidney stones, reviewing your intake of vitamin C is an idea. Is there any vitamin C in your nutrition? If not, introduce it immediately either through drops, effervescent pills bought from the pharmacies or as fruits. Vitamin C, due to its high acidic content, can act as a real erosion factor on your kidney stones. Press some lemon juice in the glass of water or prepare a fresh orange juice twice per day. It adds some good taste and some healthy benefits.
All the steps described above may not give you all the answers on how to dissolve kidney stones, but they represent an adjuvant therapy to follow not only until the problem is solved but also after, as a way of preventing its recurrence.