- Alternative & Natural Medicine
How To Have A Clay Foot Bath For Detox
Walking On Tile Or Cement Without Enough Cushioning For The Feet Can Be Uncomfortable After Awhile
Clay For Health
Clay Baths For Better Health
How To Do A Clay Foot Bath Treatment For Detoxification
You can do clay baths for detox at home. It is easy to have clay baths. Chelation (removal of heavy metals) and the entire detoxification process benefit your entire body. Depending on how toxic your body is, you may have to do a series of between four to more than a dozen weekly foot baths.
An overload of toxins becomes apparent when there are health conditions present ending with the suffix "-itis" (arthritis, bronchitis, conjunctivitis, etc.) The overloaded toxins begin spilling out of the body however possible. As you can imagine, this can be problematic. A body can become seriously ill when there is a chronic overload of toxins in the body.
A clay bath treatment is only one treatment or activity that should be undertaken during a natural detoxification program. The internal body can be effectively cleansed through a simple diet based on fresh foods with as little preparation as necessary, unhealthy oil/fat, salts, white sugar, processed foods, most sauces/gravies, white flour, fried foods and dairy foods for 30 days. The detox diet should be done in combination with supportive natural detox treatments such as clay baths, body brushing/scrubs, herbal teas, breathing exercises and body exercise or massage. Clay may also be used for arthritic pain relief.
A clay bath is a powerful detox treatment that should only be done once a week for a healthy person who enjoys a balanced diet packed full of vitamins, minerals and water. Anyone who is not in the best of health should only use a clay bath with the approval of their physician. The clay has such pulling power that it is necessary to replenish the body's fluids, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes. A large glass of water blended with apple cider vinegar, cayenne and honey or a big cup of nutritious herbal tea or dairy based smoothie followed by a light nutritious meal twenty minutes later with another beverage half an hour after that is suitable.
For more information about safety, detailed instructions and any contraindications to a clay bath, visit the following web pages:
Look way on the bottom of this page for the list of contraindications for the use of clay:
Clay Beauty Treatments
How To Do A Clay Foot Bath Treatment
You need 1/2 to one cup clay (green clay and reds have stronger pulling power than a white clay), a container for the foot bath and enough water to cover feet to ankles. A standard proportion is 1 part clay to 10 parts water (although a foot bath needs more water than five cups, 1/2 cup works just fine with the amount of water needed for a typical foot bath container).
For the first few baths, start with a smaller amount of clay: 1 tablespoon in a foot bath every few weeks.
Instructions For Clay Foot Bath:
1. Add clay to foot bathtub. Notice and remember the color of the clay before the treatment.
2. Add water and blend with the clay. Some clay will always fall to the bottom. The water will be colored and made murky by the clay. As your feet are in the water, gently swish the water around to move the clay around.
3. Put your feet or hands in the clay. If your hands are pained by arthritis, put them in the bath. You will need less water. Use the half cup of clay with about five cups of water for a hand bath or for a smaller container, just eye it up to a standard clay bathwater/clay ration. Keep your hands or feet in the clay bath for between 20 - 40 minutes. You will get better effects with a longer bath. Drink plenty of water or herbal tea during the foot bath.
4. After the foot bath, tilt the tub and let the clay settle. Pour the water off outside or turn the faucet on and pour the water down a sink. Run the water for three minutes afterwards to prevent any of the clay from settling in the pipes. Wipe the clay sediment out of the tub without touching it. Rinse the tub with soapy water to pick up any remaining clay residue and rinse again.
As you dispose of the clay and clay water, consider the color of the clay remaining in the tub and compare it with the color of the clay before the treatment. Any great darkening or stickiness of the clay after the foot bath is evidence of the toxins that the clay has absorbed. Do not touch the used clay with your bare hands.
5. Moisturize your feet and ankles and relax with a large healthy beverage followed by a nutritious meal afterwards. Remember, just one clay bath a week for up to 2 1/2 months for detoxification purposes. Unless enough water is taken during and after a detox treatment, dizziness or headaches may result. If the body is very toxic, such uncomfortable feelings may result for the first few treatments anyway.
For More Information About Clay Baths For Better Health see:
For More Information About Natural Detoxification And Related Articles:
How To Detox Naturally
How To Give Yourself A Deep Cleansing And Moisturizing Facial
A Natural Body Scrub Recipe And Instructions On How To Use A Body Scrub
How To Make A Natural Bath Mixture Bath Teas Bath Milk Bath Sea Salts
If You Like Ghost Stories, Check Out This Page: