- Men's Health & Wellness
How To Kill Depression
Depression a Serious Matter
There are many times that we feel sad and lonely yet we can recover easily. But there are times also that we reach sadness at the higher level that we loss our intererests on things we usually love to do and we become to feel helpless that sometimes we indulge ourselves into drinking alocohol, involved in drugs or worst could lead to suicide attempts. If we feel this way then we are depressed, we may not often realize our behaviors at that state but others around us will do, and that is our family and friends. Depression is serious matter and should be closely attended by family, friends and specialist.
The sudden loss of a loved one, persistent failures, a totally dreadful experience or any painful scenario can trigger depression. Doctors that specialize in stress and depression also add that certain brain conditions and heredity are also factors that cause depression. However, there are still unknown factors that contribute to this illness yet everything boils down to a sad fact that it is a disease that needs to be treated and has to be prevented.
Depression is an illness that involves the mind and emotions. Everyone is susceptible to this disease reagardless of what demographic category he belongs to. It cripples a person's physical, psychological, spiritual and emotional aspects, hence depression must be given due attention since like any other dreaded disease, it can lead to death.
Symptoms of Depression
- abrupt change of behavior such as loss of interest on things once enjoyed, irritability.
- either one loses weight or gains weight because of poor diet.
- loss of concentration
- one becomes a couch potato, either oversleeps or the other way around.
- talks about committing suiced/there have been suicidal attempts.
How To Kill Depression
- If you have identified yourself to be depressed based on the symptoms given and has been under its trap for weeks or months, it is better to seek professional help from a doctor or a health provider that specializes on such illness. It is important to be open to your physician on what you feel and how you react on certain situtations. Moreover, it is equally important to choose the right doctor who gives the right treatment.
- Aside from the necessary medications, talk therapy also "lessens" depressions. Your support system, composed of a psychiatrist, doctor psychologist, social worker, counselor, close friends and immediate family members, can actually help you get over it. Through talk therapies, you will be given a different perspective on your situtation. The encouragement is as powerful as the dosage of your medication.
- On the other hand, if a family member or a friend is depressed, it is important to listen to the person and understand his predicament. Let him feel that you are always there for him, be there during his visits to the doctor. Have patience and get the right information regarding the present to condition of the person in order to do the right thing and say the right words.
- A well-balanced diet, enough rest/relaxation, exercise, wellness activities such as massage, spa, yoga, sports also contribute to the treatment of derpession.
Please visit Healthy Diet Tips 101