- Mental Health»
How To Live Life Alcohol Free
Do you think you know how to live life alcohol free? Do you have the strength and the willpower to live your life sober not drinking another drop of alcohol?
Life can be lived without alcohol in it. Don't get me wrong I am not totally against alcohol and drinking it, but the problem for me was I didn't know when enough was enough and didn't know when to say no, I had enough. I loved alcohol just as much as the next alcoholic, but it hated me and tried to take everything from me, and in time, it would of taken my life if I didn't do something to stop it from happening.
I envy those that can drink a few drinks at a party or that special occasion and after a few drinks they have had enough and then they just enjoyed the rest of the day or evening with their fill of the drink. I am one of those that can not do that as thousands of other alcoholics are the same as I was.
It is never enough until you get that high and almighty buzz, or drunk off your butt and then making a total ass out of yourself and never even realize that you are acting so stupid and making no sense out of any words you are saying. Does any of this sound familiar to you, because I sure can relate to what I just said.
How about all the times you don't remember a thing of what was said and what you did the night before, or how in the world you even got home from that bar or party. That is a scary thought and something not to be very proud of for sure. Or how about when you didn't even remember where you left your car. Scary stuff to say the least.
How about when you wake up in the morning hung over so bad and wonder to yourself, "did I say or do something to hurt or offend someone last night. You are not sure of anything so you call someone you were with last night and are so afraid to even ask them what happened for the fear they will tell you something you don't want to hear. My God, writing this brings bad horrible memories to me, but I must put it down to get the point across to those that think they can't have any fun without being drunk.
I Think Living Alcohol Free Is Much Better
in my case and thousands of other alcoholic should really think about living their life alcohol free, I know I had to and I am still living the life of sobriety and will never miss all the things i mentioned above.
Living life sober is and will always be my life from now on in and it is my duty and my job to try and get this point across to ever alcoholic that if you can;t handle drinking alcohol and do things that you wouldn't normally do sober then I would suggest trying to stop drinking alcohol all together and find your sobriety.
I really loved to drink alcohol and never missed a day drinking it unless i was flat out on my back sick as a dog. I think back in time and can not even believe I am still alive, but sure glad I am.
I truly believe that I went through all the tough times with my addiction to alcohol to learn a lesson and tell that lesson to others in hopes to help others realize that there is always hope for sobriety if that is the life you truly want to have as I did.
We all learn by our mistakes, but in some cases some people just don't learn at all until it is too late or they die from their addiction to alcohol or die from a horrible car crash from driving drunk.
The Miracles That Happened to Me Living My Life Alcohol Free
Here are just a few things that have happened to me and my wife and family since I have become clean and sober.
- I feel so much better health wise and looks wise as well.
- I lost 40 pounds of beer weight.
- I have much more energy and love every morning waking up with no hangover.
- All of my dreams and goals as a alcoholic that I couldn't fulfill have all happened over the last almost 3 years of my sobriety.
- I left my full time job of 22+ years and took on a part time job 4 miles from my home instead of a full time job 60 miles away.
- I am now debt free and living life simple.
- I bought and paid for in full my last home by the sea that I couldn't achieve because my main priority was drinking every night.
- I just bought a boat for the bay to fish, relax and take those sunset cruises.
- I now go out to eat a few times a week, in which when drinking I never wanted to leave the house because it would cut in on my drinking time.
- I am the happiest I have been in many many years.
- I now know that I can live my life being sober and never have a thought about drinking alcohol again.
- My wife of 31 years and I are getting along so well that you may think we have just started dating.
- Everyday night after work we go to the bay or the ocean and just sit and talk about everything watching the boats come in at the bay or watching the waves crashing on the beach and realize just how lucky we both are to have what we have. None of this would have ever happened if I were still drinking alcohol.
Many of you may think I am bragging and showing off about my lifestyle I have now, but believe me, I earned it and my wife has certainly earned a better life for all that I had put her through all those years of me drinking alcohol.
Any person that has an addiction to alcohol can do the same thing that IO have done if you really want sobriety bad enough. You just have to look at your life as it is now and look into the future to see where your life is headed if you continue to drink alcohol. That is what I did and I have to tell the sight I saw for my future didn't look good at all, if I would of had a future at all.
Don't be afraid to make that change in your life. Any of you that have a problem with drinking alcohol can live a wonderful life alcohol free!!!!