How to Look and Feel Better in 10 Easy Steps
1.) Get a haircut. It sounds simple, but it does make a big difference in how you feel. Something about getting a haircut makes you feel better inside. It's probably because you took the time to get pampered and that always changes how you view yourself. Making a small change in your appearance, even if it's just a few inches off or getting bangs, can make you feel like a whole different person. That is why many people, women especially, change their hair after ending a relationship. It's a way of leaving it behind, literally cutting off the old, and changing it into something new and better. This goes for men as well, Getting a trim and shaving their face makes them feel different and improved. And for us ladies, there's nothing better than looking at a clean cut man who knows how to take care of himself.
2. Whiten your teeth. Teeth are important because your smile is the first thing people see when they meet you. When you have a beautiful smile, it makes you feel better about yourself as a person. It does take some work, but it's worth it in the end. Getting your teeth whitened can mean going to the dentist or just doing it yourself at home. There are tons of products on the market to whiten teeth. One of my personal favorites is Crest 3D Whitestrips. It only takes 30-60 minutes and your smile is considerably whiter. When you like the way you look, you automatically feel better and happier about life.
3. Take a long shower or bath. Showering is a basic thing we do everyday, but usually it's a contest of how fast you can get it done before you have to move on to the next thing. Sometimes it's nice to just give yourself time to have a nice long shower where you can really relax and wash the day off. Using a nice body scrub can also open your pores and really let your skin breathe so you feel especially clean. If you have a steam shower, that is something else that you can use to really relax. Some people prefer to take baths instead of showers. Baths can be a very relaxing way to pamper yourself after a long day. You can use bubbles, oils, or other products to add in the water to nourish your skin. I like scents such as lavender and vanilla because they really put you in a calm and relaxing state of mind. Lighting some candles and turning on some music can also add to the experience. It's one of those things you can do by yourself, or if you're feeling especially adventurous, with a partner.
4. Do a cleanse. When most people hear the word cleanse, they think of bad things happening. Things that require you to stay near a bathroom for example. That may be true, but it doesn't have to be if you choose the right products. If you have been feeling under the weather and just not like yourself, it may be because your body is full of toxins and other junk that is stuck and in order for you to feel better, it has to be released. This is where a cleanse comes in and does the work for you. My favorite cleanse is the ItWorks! Cleanse because it's made from all natural plant based ingredients and it's gentle so you don't have to worry about staying home for a few days because you can do it on the go. People have been known to lose weight quickly during a cleanse, as much as 10 pounds in a matter of days because that's the amount of extra junk they're carrying in their bodies at any given time. Doing a cleanse can help you feel energized and rejuvenated, like a brand new person. And losing a few pounds of junk never hurt anyone either...just saying.
5. Get a manicure and pedicure. Again, it's the simplest things in life that make you feel the happiest. I love getting manicures and pedicures, whether it's just me at home doing it myself or going out to a salon and making a day of it with friends. I like the whole experience; choosing the colors, painting them on, and seeing the results. It's also kind of fun to read the nail polish names. You know what I mean. I know I am not the only one who sometimes chooses a nail color because I like the name so much. It's a simple thing to do that not only makes your cuticles look better, but it helps you feel better on the inside. It's like you get a clean slate every time you do your nails and you have the freedom to decorate them in any way you like to. For spring, I like pastel colors like lilac, aqua, and light pink. For days when I am feeling especially bold, I like to use the color red. It's definitely a fun way to express yourself.
6. Exercise...your way. For some people, exercising is like pulling teeth. Literally, they would rather do just about anything then set foot in a gym. I know because I am one of those people. I love fitness but something about actually going to a gym makes me feel like I am back in gym class at school and that wasn't a great experience. I prefer to do fun stuff that doesn't feel like exercise but is actually good for you too. I like to go on long walks and jogs while listening to some music on my iPod. This doesn't feel like working out because I have a good time, but at the same time I'm getting the exercise I need. Dancing is another thing that is fun to do but it doesn't feel like you're working out. Playing tennis is another way I exercise that is fun. And you know what exercise does, it gives you endorphins. Endorphins are chemicals that are released in the body when you exercise or do any type of physical fitness and they make you happy. They make pain easier to deal with and in turn induce a state of euphoria like drugs can. So the best drug you can take that's also natural and will make you happy is exercise. I'm sold.
7. Go shopping. I'll be the first to admit that shopping is fun. It puts me in a good mood and gives me something to do. But that's not the only reason why. Shopping to pick up a few new clothing items for your wardrobe is a very rewarding experience. This doesn't mean go crazy and get a new everything (although sometimes that is okay too), it just means get a new outfit or two that makes you feel good about yourself. We are all different and we all have parts of our bodies that we want to highlight and other parts which we want to hide. The key to feeling good about yourself is to buy clothes that you feel comfortable in and that highlight only what you want the world to see most when looking at you. It's different for everyone, but anything that takes you a little bit out of your comfort zone but still makes you feel good about yourself is something you should buy. New clothes are especially a good idea if you have something important coming up like a date or job interview. When you look good, you feel good too.
8. Buy some new perfume or cologne. Whether you're a man or a woman, how you smell is so important to your self esteem and to how people respond to you. Scent is the sense most closely tied to memory, so if you want to be remembered, you have to smell good. Most people don't actually smell bad, they just don't smell like anything at all, except maybe a faint scent of their soap. A lot just don't think it matters that much as long as they shower, but that's only half of the equation. Being clean is important but smelling good is even better. When you smell nice, you know how some people leave a trail of perfume when they're walking away, that is a big confidence booster. If you're a woman, men will notice when you wear perfume and they will remember you. For men, a cologne has a big effect on a woman, as much as making a man seem more attractive just because he smells better! This is a small thing that makes such a big difference in how you view yourself and others view you. Definitely something worth investing in.
9. Watch a comedy or sitcom. When I need a simple pick me up or some laughs after a long day, I turn on a comedy. Sometimes you just need some laughs to make everything seem better and life a little brighter. When you're happier, you're more attractive to yourself and others. Happy people just give off that vibe that makes you want to be around them and absorb some of that light they're giving off. Anything that makes you feel happier and more alive is something worth pursuing. Some days it's just as simple as turning on the TV or popping in a comedy. Some of my favorites are Friends, King of Queens, Stepbrothers, Mean Girls, and many, many, more.
10. Have sex. Besides the obvious benefit of feeling closer to your partner, sex has many other benefits that people may not be aware of. Some benefits of sex are: it strengthens your immune system, lowers blood pressure, counts as exercise, lowers heart attack risk, lessens pain, makes prostate cancer less likely, improves sleep, and eases stress. It's also a good reason to break out that lingerie as well. As long as the sex is safe and consensual by both partners, it can be a very happy and healthy experience. It is one of the best ways to feel better about yourself and your relationship. And it's about as close as you can get to another human being. Enjoy!
© 2016 GreenEyes1607