- Diet & Weight Loss
How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar At Home
Make Apple Cider Vinegar At Home
How to make apple cider vinegar from apples
Apple cider vinegar offers many health benefits, which is why many people have asked me the recipe for making ACV.
Making apple cider vinegar at home can be complex, and there are many recipes which are difficult to follow.
Here, I will share a very simple method for making apple cider vinegar at home with easily available ingredients.
Read My Book
This is a simple recipe, and easy to follow. Anyone can make apple cider vinegar at home.
If you are not sure about why you should bother about apple cider vinegar, please read my other articles about benefits of apple cider vinegar.
In short, apple cider vinegar is very effective in detox, digestion, hair fall, skin care and overall well-being. ACV is even useful for the health of your pets.
But the most popular use of apple cider vinegar is for weight loss.
Making ACV At Home
Prep time: 30 min Ready in: 30 min Yields: 1 litre
- 8 to 10 apples, preferably organic
- 1 to 3 teaspoons organic sugar or honey, optional
- 1 litre water, preferably filtered
- 1 jar
- 1 paper towel or cloth
Make apple cider vinegar at home
- Take the cores and peels of organic apples. It is important to pick up organic apples so that you get the full benefits of apple cider vinegar. You don't have to specifically peel apples to make apple cider vinegar at home. Plan making cider vinegar at home at a time when you are looking to use apples for other things like making apple juice, or making muffins or fruit salad. Find a big jar and put all the peels and cores of organic apple in it.
- Add water to the jar. You can add some honey or organic sugar if you wish, but it is optional. You can make apple cider vinegar without honey or sugar. It's a personal choice. Stir the water so that the contents mix well. Now cover the jar with either a cotton cloth or paper towel and put a rubber band around it.
- Store the bottle in a cool and dry place. Allow it to sit for about two to three weeks, so that fermentation takes place. Now find a strainer, and strain out the liquid in another jar. You can discard the peels and scrap now. (You can use the solids as a compost for your plants. That's the beauty of natural remedies - everything is usable and nothing needs to be discarded.) You should cover the jar with paper towel or cloth once again. Now let the liquid rest for a month. During this month-long storage, visit the jar every day and give it a nice stir. THIS IS IMPORTANT. While making apple cider vinegar at home is easy, remembering to stir it every day is difficult.
- Please set up an alarm on your phone so that you are reminded to stir it regularly. Keep the jar where you can see it everyday so you will remember. Alternatively, attach the job of stirring to some other activity you do daily, like making coffee. So when you visit kitchen for coffee, give apple cider vinegar a stir. Don't overdo it. Once a day is enough. If you disturb the liquid too often, it may affect its quality.
- After letting it sit for one month and stirring it daily, your apple cider vinegar is ready. Taste it to see how it feels. By now, it would have achieved the required acidity. If not, then leave it for another week, and taste it again. If it still doesn't have the consistency you want, wait for another week. The level of acidity will depend on environmental factors.
- Once you are satisfied with the taste, your apple cider vinegar is ready to drink. Now, transfer the cider vinegar in a new jar and cover it with proper lid.
- Your apple cider vinegar is ready. Store it in a cool, dry place. No need to refrigerate. Because apples are already gone through fermentation process, you can store apple cider vinegar for as long as you wish.
People Who Read This Also Read:
- How to lose weight with apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar weight loss programme is easy to follow and is a guaranteed way to lose extra pounds, though not fast.
- How to use apple cider vinegar for acne and skin
These easy-to-follow tips show how to use apple cider vinegar to clear acne and how to make your own apple cider vinegar toner at home
- How To Detox With Apple Cider Vinegar Diet
From weight loss to hair fall, apple cider vinegar diet delivers many health benefits including fighting heart issues, diabetes, cholesterol and even cancer. Find out how to use apple cider vinegar.
How to make apple cider vinegar drink
Shake bottle well so that mother of vinegar gets mixed well.
Now take one to three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and mix it with one cup (200ml) of lukewarm water. Stir well. Your apple cider vinegar drink is ready. Enjoy.
Some people like to make apple cider vinegar and honey drink. Simply add one teaspoon of honey to apple cider vinegar drink made as per above instructions.
Honey offers many health benefits, and by adding honey to your apple cider vinegar, you are making your ACV drink healthier.
Many people take one litre bottle of water and put a few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, so that they can carry apple cider vinegar drink with them, and drink it throughout the day.
How to make apple cider vinegar with mother taste good
Apple cider vinegar may taste a bit odd for the first time. However, people get used to it over time.
If you don't like the taste of apple cider vinegar drink, add some honey to it.
Many people also add it to their regular drink - coffee, tea, orange juice etc. I prefer to drink it with water and honey. Other drinks contain caffeine and sugar, which may slow down your weight-loss process.
Best way to make apple cider vinegar is from organic apples
How to make apple cider vinegar from apple juice
For some people, it may be more convenient to use apple juice to make apple cider vinegar.
This is possible, however the best way to make apple cider vinegar at home is from the peels as described in the recipe above.
For making apple cider vinegar from apple juice, follow the steps below:
- Take organic apples. Don't peel them. Just wash them well.
- Put about six to eight organic apples in a juicer, and take the juice.
- Now transfer the juice to a jar. Put paper towel or cloth on it and store it for fermentation
- Let it ferment as per the instructions given in the recipe above. Follow same recipe above for making apple cider vinegar from apple juice.
Remember that the fermentation maybe slower than if you were using apple peels.
Tips for making apple cider vinegar at home
- Always store apple cider vinegar jar away from direct sunlight - while making it as well as while storing it.
- One you have made apple cider vinegar, heat it once before storing it. This will improve the shelf life of apple cider vinegar.
- Use glass container for making as well as storing apple cider vinegar. Always avoid metal container. Preferably avoid plastic container too. High acidic content can react with metal or plastic.
- Always shake the jar before making apple cider vinegar drink, so that the mother of ACV mixes in your drink
- Add a bit of honey to your ACV drink to improve its taste.
- While making apple cider vinegar at home, Ddon't forget to stir ACV daily. This will help oxygen to mix with the liquid and boost the fermentation process.
- When making ACV, clean your hands before touching the jar. You don't want bad bacteria and germs to disturb the fermentation process. Use clean spoon to stir.
- The best temperature for making apple cider vinegar from scratch at home is between 60 degree Fahrenheit to 80 degree Fahrenheit.
How to make apple cider vinegar with mother
The mother of apple cider vinegar is where the health benefits of apple cider vinegar are stored.
The "mother" contains enzymes and good bacteria that help in losing weight, improving metabolism, stopping hair fall and so on.
If you follow the process for making apple cider vinegar at home described in this article, you will have apple cider vinegar with mother at the bottom of the jar. It is the grainy, muddy substance.
Shake the jar well before making an apple cider vinegar drink so that the mother of ACV mixes well.
Have you made apple cider vinegar at home?
Many people have tried making apple cider vinegar at home.
If you have tried to make ACV, please share your experience in the comments section below.
Your useful tips for making apple cider vinegar will be very helpful to others.
Calories in Apple Cider Vinegar
|Serving size: 1 tbsp|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 0 g|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|