How to make your Bones Strong and Healthy : Food and Exercise Tips for Bone Health!
Other useful hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Life At 50: Time To Reinvent Yourself-How To Make Th...
Life @ 50 Can be beautiful, glamorous and meaningful, if you make certain changes in yourself by reinventing and re-energizing. Discover the new, you by embracing your age gracefully. Follow the rules
- YOGASANA or YOGIC Exercises----Its Physical And Psyc...
The importance of Yoga Asanas is known all over the world. It is preferred over other forms of physical exercises, as it can be practiced at any age and without getting tired. Learn to do it correctly.
Do you take Care of your Bones? Watch out for the warning signals.
© Chitrangada Sharan 2013
All Rights Reserved.
- Many people look quite healthy from outside, but they do face some kind of stiffness and painful conditions in their bones or bone joints.
- As we age these kind of pain aggravate and make life difficult.
- The person affected with unhealthy bones finds it difficult to walk, to sit comfortably, to sleep, to bend, to lift even light weight objects.
- If not paid attention, the problem of weakness in bone health, pain, related muscle spasm can lead to joint destruction, which can result in limitation of joint movement or even worse deformities.
- A specific mention is necessary as regards women here. Women in particular, undergo lot of changes physically and emotionally at different stages of life. But after Menopause, due to the various hormonal changes, bone health must be paid attention.
What can you do keep your bones healthy?
## Eat foods rich in Calcium, Vitamin A and D, which is essential for bone health;
## Exercise, especially meant to strengthen bones;
## Detoxify to boost digestion to improve absorption of nutrients;
## Lead a healthy lifestyle and have a positive thinking.
What to eat for strong and healthy Bones?
It is quite common to buy artificial supplements from the chemist and start taking it.
But why not depend on Nature, which has abundance of Food available for your bone health! And they are better absorbed in our digestive system.
Check this out----
1. The humble milk and milk products
Milk is the most obvious solution for building strong and healthy bones. You can even opt for curd or yoghurt, paneer or cottage cheese or other dairy products. Dairy products are rich source of calcium.
2. Carrots, Spinach, Pulses:
Some people can not digest milk. For them taking the juice of Carrot and Spinach mixed together is a very healthy option for making bones healthy.
Carrots are a rich source of Calcium and it also rich in Anti oxidants.
3. All whole pulses like Rajma or Kidney beans, Kabuli chana or Chick peas, kala chana or Horse gram and other Lentils are rich source of Calcium and should be included in your daily diet.
An equal amount of Black and White Sesame seeds and Flax seeds is very good source of Calcium.
You can make a tasty snack of it. Dry roast lightly 1 teaspoonful of each of the White and Black Sesame seeds and Flax seeds and eat everyday. You may add a pinch of salt, if you like.
5. Green Leafy Vegetables:
Other rich sources of Calcium, Vitamin A and D required for bone health can be found in Soya beans, Broccoli, green leafy vegetables, figs etc.
6. Fenugreek seeds:
Fenugreek seeds or its leaves( Methi daana or patte in Hindi) are very good for bone health. You can soak the seeds in water overnight and drink its water the next morning. Its leaves can also be mixed in the dough of bread or chapati, after washing, cleaning and cutting it. Fenugreek has huge amount of calcium.
7. Cod liver oil:
Cod Liver Oil is also good for boosting bone health.
Yoga for Bone health, Source: You tube
Exercise is very important for your bone health
- Performing some exercise for bone health is essential everyday. Not only will it help to improve your bone health, but it will also build your muscle strength and coordination of your body.
- Regular exercise helps to prevent diseases such as Arthritis, Osteoporosis and other bone related diseases.
- As we age, we begin to lose bone mass and density. Bone strength exercises such as weight training, climbing the stairs, weight bearing exercises help rebuild and maintain bone density.
- A 30 minute schedule will be good enough to maintain your bone health. However, if someone is suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension, Cardiovascular diseases and other ailments, must consult their physician before following any exercise program.
- If someone already has Arthritis or Osteoporosis, the doctor's or physiotherapist's advice must be taken before embarking on any particular exercise. Because if the person is already in pain, the exercise may worsen the situation.
- Proper guidance by a qualified Physiotherapist is absolutely important, since any wrong movement of limbs can worsen the condition.
- Specific Yoga asanas, such as:
- SUPT VAJRASANA are also good for strengthening bones. They must be performed under expert guidance.
- Regular practice provides relief and the dependency on pain killers is reduced. As we know pain killers have lot of side effects.
Do you take extra care of your bone health?
To Sum Up:
- If we do not take care of our bones right from the childhood, slowly and gradually they begin to lose their mass and they become brittle and fragile and this might lead to fractures as well.
- Strong and healthy bones support us and help our movement and also protect our vital organs such as heart, lungs, brain and other organs.
- It is never too late to take care of your bone health. You can do it at any age.
TAKE CARE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!
© Chitrangada Sharan 2 Aug. 2013
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Bone healthy foods, Source: You tube
Other useful hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Five Bitter But Healthy Foods That You Better Eat Fo...
Health experts feel that the deficiency of bitter foods in our regular diet is to a great extent, responsible for growing diseases.These foods purify, are anti bacterial, anti viral,anti inflammatory.
- Flax Seeds: The Health Benefits And Easy Recipes In ...
Recently my friend's husband was advised by the Nutritionist to include Flax seeds in his daily diet as he had reduced level of HDL. Sharing the health benefits of Flaxseeds as told by the Nutrition.
- Brisk Walking: The Safest And Easiest Exercise To Re...
Brisk walking is the safest and easiest form of exercise. While the fresh air does wonders to your mood, energy levels, blood circulation; you don't even realize that you have finished your exercises!
© 2013 Chitrangada Sharan