Herbal Solutions for Shiny, Healthy Hair (No Chemicals)
Healthy Hair, Beautiful Hair!
The hair is the richest ornament of women. ~Martin Luther
Who wouldn’t want to have gorgeous and attractive hair? I think all of us.
Healthy and shining hair enhances the personality and makes you feel more self confident.
Besides Eyes, our Hair is perhaps the other most important feature, which defines our general appearance.
This is also an established fact, that the Hair health is a reflection of our personal general health.
That means if you are losing your hair without any external factors, such as harsh Sun, extreme cold or rain--you must find out about the other reasons, that might be responsible for bad hair health.
These issues can be hair thinning, hair loss in patches, acute dandruff, scalp infections and others.
If the problem persists, then it's important to consult an expert or take medical treatment for the same.
Common Hair Problems and their Home Solutions!
Hair fall due to dandruff:
Dandruff on the scalp of the hair, can be very embarrassing.
This may be due to dryness or even some skin infection, and will lead to irritative and embarrassing itching and poor dull hair.
Dandruff can be treated with simple ingredients, available in your home kitchen.
- Water plays an important part to add lustre to the hair. Drink plenty of water or fluids like coconut water.
- Juice of a lemon mixed with equal amount of Coconut oil, should be applied on the scalp thoroughly. Leave it for an hour and then shampoo your hair with lukewarm water.
- You may add powdered Camphor, about 2 grams. if the Dandruff condition is too bad.
Repeat the treatment regularly, till your hair is free of Dandruff.
4. Dandruff has a tendency to reoccur again and again. Keep your comb, pillow, towel etc. clean by washing them with antiseptic solutions.
5. If the problem persists, do not delay and consult a Dermatologist, for some specific treatment.
An Ayurvedic Mixture to Shampoo Hair: Ancient, Popular, Tried And Tested!
Sometimes, after major illness, we might experience hair fall.
Many cases can be observed, where people lost hair indiscriminately after falling ill, after ailments, such as Typhoid. However after proper care and healthy diet, the hair becomes normal and healthy again.
Gooseberry is considered very beneficial for healthy hair growth. It can be taken as food, as well as can be applied on scalp, whether green ones or the dry one, by soaking them in water.
Gooseberry oil or Amla hair oil, is very popular and is used for the hair health since ancient times.
A very popular recipe according to the Ayurveda for general hair care and nourishment, is as follows---
Amla or Gooseberry,
Reetha or the Soap Nuts,
Shikakai, a medicinal herb also called food for hair--
- Mix the three herbs in equal quantity, around 20 grams. each, for normal shoulder length hair, more if you have longer hair.
- You may or may not ground them.
- Soak overnight.
- Apply on the hair scalp and wash normally.
- Some people soak the ingredients in the Iron containers, to get the Iron nourishment.
- Some even boil the soaked ingredients and mash the pulp and then pass it through a sieve.
- Cool it and then apply. Either way it can be used.
- The best part is that it is available in the supermarkets, in easy to use powder form. This will save you all the hard work of preparing the mixture by yourself.
- Along with this, the Ayurveda also recommends to add;
Tulsi or Basil leaves,
Mehandi powder or Henna powder, to give you gorgeous and healthy hair.
Herbal shampoo , source: YouTube
Food for Hair:
It‘s quite obvious that healthy hair needs healthy and nutritious diet. Just like any other part of the body, the cells and follicles that support hair growth, need nutritious and balanced diet.
It may not happen at once but gradually the impact of the healthy diet can be seen and observed.
In any case, the healthier hair follicles lead to healthier scalp, and support healthier hair growth. Some examples of the food that are good for the hair health are as follows:
- Include plenty of Antioxidants in your diet.
- Protein and Iron rich food items are considered very good for hair health. Milk and Milk products such as Curd, Yogurt, Cheese and Cottage Cheese.
- All Dark Green and Leafy Vegetables,
- Lentils or Pulses of your choice, there are plenty to choose from,
- Nuts especially Walnut and Almonds,
- If You are a Non Vegetarian Eggs, Fish, Chicken, Salmon and Poultry etc.
- Fruits of the Berry group, Carrots and Beetroot.
- There are many hair care products available in the markets.
- They are expensive, and although they claim that they are natural products, there is no guarantee, whether they will prove beneficial or harmful. It can only be known after using them.
- Natural products are always better with no side effects and long lasting favourable results.
- If your hair continues to fall, if you have stubborn dandruff problem, if you have dull, dry and itchy scalp, if your hair is thinning even after all the care---it is high time to consult an expert.
- A dermatologist or a Trichologist is the best person to solve your hair problems.
Did you know?
- Thyroid Disorder,
- Hormonal Imbalance,
- Prolonged Illness
are some of the common medical conditions which may lead to thinning of the Hair in women.
They need medical attention and treatment by the concerned specialist Doctors.
So, go ahead, and take proper care of your Crowning Glory.
Which products you prefer for Hair care and Hair Health?
What to eat for healthy hair? Source: You tube
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan