How To Treat And Relieve Burning And Itching Contact Dermatitis Rashes
There's nothing more irritating than the rashes caused by contact dermatitis. This particular type of eczema causes itchy and burning rashes which may appear as wheals, blisters, or hives. When faced with contact dermatitis, there are several treatments and remedies you can use. Treatments will help reduce the severity of your rashes whereas remedies will help provide relief from the itching and burning sensation that they cause.
Ways To Relieve Burning And Itching Contact Dermatitis Rashes
- Oatmeal Bath - Take cups of raw oatmeal and grind them using a blender. Mix the pulverized raw oatmeal in a tub of lukewarm water and soak in the bath for 30 minutes or more. After soaking, wash off with cold water and pat dry with a cotton towel.
- Barrier Creams - Barrier creams like zinc oxide not only relieve the burning and itching sensation associated with contact dermatitis rashes. They also prevent rashes from getting worse and keep skin moisture locked in as well.
- Calamine Lotion - Calamine lotion is effective in relieving the itchiness of contact dermatitis rashes. It can be applied on your rashes as many times as you want throughout the day.
- Weak Acid Solutions - Vinegar and lemon juice can be used to wash contact dermatitis rashes caused by common skin irritants.
- Cold Compress - Apply cold compress on the rashes three times a day. Each application must last at least 30 minutes.
- Cold Baths - The cheapest way to relieve burning and itching contact dermatitis rashes would be to take long cold baths.
Ways To Treat Contact Dermatitis
- Antihistamines - Antihistamines like diphenhydramine are best against contact dermatitis rashes triggered by an allergic reaction to allergens.
- Corticosteroids - Corticosteroids are best used against contact dermatitis rashes caused by exposure to skin irritants and not allergens.