Healing Chakras With Gemstones
Physical and Metaphysical Reality
Everything is ONE - this seems to be the main idea all mystical teachings point to.
Everyone is connected with each other and the Universe through a myriad of energy channels. We are a cluster of interweaving energy fields, and our separate existence is an illusion, although a rather pervasive one. Beyond this illusion lies a reality of pure energy (prana) in the state of perpetual vibration. At any given moment, it is being transmitted, exchanged or transformed.
In addition, quantum physics says that only 4 percent of the matter is visible to the human eye. 96 percent is a seemingly enormous waste of space, much like the so-called "junk DNA."
So, scientifically speaking, we are not solid the way our bodies are thought to be solid. Still, this is a challenging notion since our thinking is predominantly linear. We are used to seeing ourselves and others as physical beings, male or female, who feel and think in response to what they experience as physical reality.
According to Hindu teachings, every person also has seven major chakras - energy centers located along the spine both in the front and in the back of the body. Psychic individuals see chakras as spinning wheels of luminous colors.
As spiritual beings, we receive energy directly from the Source, which is then distributed through the chakra system, and used to create desired (or undesired) manifestations.
But what happens when the chakras get blocked?
When the chakras are blocked, the life force becomes depleted, and sooner or later this deficit manifests as spiritual, mental or physical ailments.
An imbalance of energy also manifests as an inability to create the desired reality.
- Chakra Test on How Open Your Chakras Are
Take this free chakra test to find out how open each of your seven chakras is.
How to Work with Gemstones to Balance and Unblock Your Chakras
There are several ways to balance or unblock your chakras: dream work, prayer, meditation etc.
One of the most effective (and pleasant) methods is to use the gemstones. These wonderful creatures are very powerful healers. Working with gemstones is easier than you can imagine.
- Use your intuition to pick the right stone. If you're having trouble, a good rule of the thumb is: choose the stones of the same color as the chakra you are working with. Obviously, there are some variations, and clear crystals work with all chakras.
- Communicate with the stone. Ask it for help. You don't need to know all the details, the crystals are very intelligent and very loving. You don't have to "direct" the energy, although clear intention helps.
- Connect with the stone. After you've selected the stone(s) and defined your intention, you can proceed by carrying the stone with you to increase the energy of the chakra, or hold it during a meditation to attain more insight. If it's the healing you are looking for, place the stone on a particular area of the body or create a chakra layout: a stone (or a group of stones) for each chakra.
- Thank and cleanse the stones when you're finished. I typically place a stone under a stream of running water, while visualizing it washing away the "dirt".
The Root Chakra
The 1st chakra is located at the base of the spine and serves as the storage for the energy. So technically it cannot be blocked. It can, however, be activated during certain periods in our lives, like puberty or the menopause (which is actually experienced by both men and women), and be deactivated at other times.
Gemstones That Work with the Root Chakra: ruby, garnet, bloodstone, red jasper, black tourmaline, obsidian, smoky quartz.
The Sexual Chakra
The 2nd chakra is located right above the 1st one, in the lower abdomen area. It's the center of sexuality, vitality, creativity and material success. The signs of blocking include:
- fears about sex, guilt, inhibition
- infrequent and dissatisfying sex
- feeling unloved
- attachment to previous bad relationships
- sexual perversions
- extremes of sexuality: either nymphomania or celibacy
- uncontrolled anger
- jealousy, envy, desire to possess
- ailments related to sex organs or lower abdominal in general
Gemstones That Work with the Sexual Chakra: carnelian, coral, gold calcite, amber, citrine, gold topaz, peach aventurine.
The Solar Plexus Chakra
Located just above the navel, the 3rd chakra is an important center of emotional stability, will, joy of life and ego-identity. When malfunctioning, the person may experience:
- excessive worry
- anxiety about the future
- oversensitivity what other people say or think
- cloudy thinking
- gall bladder and digestive problems
Gemstones That Work with the Solar Plexus Chakra: tiger's eye, amber, yellow topaz, citrine.
Rose Quartz Crystal Skull 3"
The Heart Chakra
It is located in the center of the chest and houses higher creative energies. It is a center of unconditional love, compassion, bravery and unity with all life. It is also a mid-point between "lower" and "higher" chakras. Imbalance can manifest as:
- oversensitivity to other people's pain, desire to "fix" everything for them
- grief over the world's condition that causes one to become depressed
- inability to love or to feel loved
- being insensitive to other people's feelings
- being rude, resentful, hurtful
- extreme egotism
- lung and heart problems
Gemstones That Work with the Heart Chakra: kunzite, emerald, green jade, rose quartz, pink tourmaline.
Gorgeous Turquoise Necklace with Coral Details
The Throat Chakra
Located at the base of the throat, in the thyroid area. Associated with communication, self-realization, ability to express oneself, the dream state of consciousness and clairaudience.
Unbalanced or blocked 5th chakra occurs as a result of suppressing one's true thoughts, feelings and needs. It often first happens early in life, when a child is taught how to talk and act in socially accepted ways. The signs are:
- poor verbal skills
- inability to express oneself clearly
- throat problems
- poor hearing
- backaches and headaches
- rheumatism and arthritis
- tension in the neck, the back and the eyes
Gemstones That Work with the Throat Chakra: aquamarine, turquoise, chalcedony, chrysocollia.
The Third Eye Chakra
Located in the area between the eyebrows, the 6th chakra is responsible for true mystic potential, perception of non-physical reality and spiritual wisdom.
Since the Third Eye chakra is your spiritual vision chakra, it is extremely important that it's not blocked. The chakra can be blocked if your pineal gland is calcified as a result of exposure to fluoride in toothpaste and water, junk food, aspartame and other harmful chemicals. Remember: fluoride is the greatest enemy of your Third Eye! Use natural no-fluoride toothpaste and only drink purified water. The symptoms of the blockage may be:
- eye problems
- sinus problems
- inability to concentrate
- difficulty sleeping
- feeling lost/disconnected
Gemstones That Work with the Third Eye Chakra: lapis lazuli, indigo, sapphire, sodalite.
The Crown Chakra
The center of connection with the Source, this chakra is located just above the top of the head. It's the "halo" seen over the heads of saints and great spiritual masters. It can not be blocked, which should bring comfort to those who feel "disconnected" from the Creator. We can never be really disconnected.
Gemstones That Work with the Crown Chakra: amethyst, quartz crystal.
Get to Know Your Chakra System
© 2009 Lana Adler