How to Use Colours to Bring Positive Benefits to Your Life : Colour Therapy!
The Significance Of Colours In Our Lives!
© Chitrangada Sharan, March 2014
All Rights Reserved.
- How many times, have you used these phrases?
- She was 'green' with envy.
- She was 'white' with fear.
- Stopped by the 'red' light and zipped by 'red'.
- I am having the winter 'blues' etc.
- Have you ever wondered, why you chose to wear 'yellow' on a particular day or felt more comfortable in a light 'blue' coloured wall room!
- This is because of the simple reason that Colours do influence our mood, personality, feelings, emotions, our physical energy or well being.
- Your preferred colour choices can tell a lot about your inclinations, your state of mind and even your characteristics as a whole.
- Recently, I had attended a workshop regarding use of colours in our daily life by a reputed Feng shui expert. What I could gather from the discussion, I want to share here. Hope it is as interesting to you as it was for me.
Other related hub by Chitrangada Sharan
- Glimpses Of Art And Handicrafts Of India: IITF, New ...
IITF is held every year at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi, to showcase the variety of handicraft products made by many skilled artisans of the country, thereby increasing and exchanging trade n business.
- It is a scientific and proven fact that everything has a vibration/ frequency including us.
- The Human Body consists of Energy Centres or Seven CHAKRAS, as called in Hindi.
- Each individual CHAKRA represents one colour of the Rainbow. But these colors are not visible to the naked eye. Every colour in the Rainbow radiates a different vibration.
- Reds vibrate very slowly, whereas Violets vibrate very quickly.
- The other five colours vibrate at rates between these two colours.
- The colour vibration of a particular CHAKRA can be enhanced by using that particular colour when we are in need of that related energy.
- For example, the colour 'yellow' stimulates our mind and is related to wisdom, thought and spoken words. The energy related to Self confidence and self esteem are signified by this color. Therefore you would benefit by using 'yellow' when you are preparing for that Interview or Presentation.
Different Colours At Homes and Workplaces Their Effects, Suggested Areas To Use Them
- Calming for body and mind.
- Good for meditation and prayer.
- Enhances purpose and dignity.
- Heightens awareness and helps to give our best.
- Places of worship.
- Entry areas to clinics
- Pale violet in bedrooms.
- Areas where you light diyas( earthen candles) in Diwali.
- Helps to open up our intuition.
- The colour of Divine knowledge and the higher mind.
- Quiet places.
- Treatment rooms.
- For study rooms or Libraries.
- Not meant for entertainment rooms.
- Colour of communication.
Any rooms except those used for playing or physical activity.
- Encourages tolerance and understanding.
- Depending upon the shade it can be used for most of the areas.
- Can be used with other colours to maintain balance and harmony.
- Stimulates mental activity.
- Enhances feeling of confidence.
- Increase alertness
- Entrance halls.
- It is not ideal for bedrooms since it keeps our mind alert and thus can interfere with sleep.
- Warming and Energizing.
- Stimulates Creativity.
- The colour of Fun and Socializing.
- Any activity area or creative area.
- Not ideal for bedrooms or areas of possible stress.
- Energizing, exciting the emotions.
- Stimulates the appetite.
- If used appropriately, Red and its variations can make a space feel warm and cozy.
- Any activity area.
- Careful choice is necessary as regards tone and depth, as it can make a space look smaller and can appear oppressive.
- Can be used in restaurants.
- A combination of Red and Violet, it combines our earthy and spiritual self, thus balancing spirit and matter.
- Uplifts and helps gain a feeling of completeness and fulfilment.
- Lecture rooms.
- Meditation rooms
- Not ideal for activity or play room.
Cool and calming and good for the nervous system and immune system.
Any room but not ideal for activity areas.
- This is meant for soothing and nurturing.
- Helps to dissolve anger and encourages love and soft feelings.
Ideal for babies or children' s bedrooms.
- Black if used with other colour, enhances the energy of that colour.
- Black gives us the space for reflection and inner searching.
Not ideal as a single colour, but when used with care can enhance and complement other colors in almost any situation.
- White contains all the colours.
- It emphasizes Purity.
- It illuminates our thoughts and gives us clarity.
- It can be used in any room.
- Needs to be broken up with another colour or with plants or pictures to avoid intimidation.
How colors affect you? source: You tube
How to understand Feng shui colors: source: You tube
Do you believe in the theory that Colors can be used as Therapy?
To Sum up:
- The use of colour as a Therapy dates back to thousand of years.
- The evidence for the same can be found in ancient scriptures of India, China and Egypt.
- Colour as a Therapy is a holistic and powerful technique.
- This can be implemented by applying these vibrations of energy to bring about changes in our own human energy fields, thereby bringing about balanced and positive changes in our day to day lives.
- It has been found that thoughtful and proper use of colours, as suggested by Vaastu or Feng- shui experts in homes or workplaces or other areas has proved beneficial to many people.
© Chitrangada Sharan 24th March, 2014,
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Other Related Hubs By Chitrangada Sharan
- Colourful Indian Rangoli: How To Draw Rangolis And S...
RANGOLI designs are a traditional folk art of India,colorful, vibrant, creative, full of life, they represent the true spirit of India. They are drawn on weddings, festivals for good luck, prosperity.
- Flowers : Fragrant, Fresh, Delicate, Beautiful: And ...
Vibrant, colorful, fragrant flowers not only attract us with their beauty, but are spiritual, emotional healers too. Besides Aroma therapy they have medicinal uses according to Ayurveda, Naturopathy.
- What Is Naturopathy : Can The Body Heal Itself By Me...
Naturopathy is a combination of Ayurveda, Yoga, Homeopathy, Herbal n other such methods of treatment. This system of healing revolves around the five basic elements, Earth, Air, Water, Sun and Ether.
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan