How To Whiten Yellow Nails Naturally
Why Are Your Nails Yellow?
Before I show you how to whiten nails naturally I think it's important that you understand why your nails are yellow in the first place.
It's always good to learn how to whiten them, but I would also love for you to learn what the cause is so you can prevent them from becoming yellow again.
The number one reason why nails get yellow is from wearing very dark nail polish. The best way to prevent this is to whiten them frequently and be sure to place a base coat on your nails first.
I really like OPI Natural Nail Base Coat. If you are not used to putting on a good base coat I found a great deal on a combo pack for you from Amazon below.
Now that you know what the main cause of yellow nails is from let's get to the fun part which is how to whiten your nails naturally.
OPI Natural Nail Base Coat and Top Coat
How to Whiten Nails Naturally Method #1 - Whitening Toothpaste
Yep good old whitening toothpaste is a great way to whiten nails naturally.
I would suggest a kind that has baking soda in it because baking soda is a natural whitener.
To use whitening toothpaste follow these directions.
- Place a small amount of whitening toothpaste on a toothbrush and gently scrub.
- Remove with warm water. You may also soak cotton balls in warm water and remove the toothpaste with the cotton balls.
- Repeat this process 2 or 3 times a week.
How to Whiten Nails Naturally Method #2 - Baking Soda
There are two different methods that you can follow to use baking soda.
Method one uses baking soda, olive oil and lemon juice
- In a small bowl mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Then add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and make into a paste.
- Get a soft toothbrush and rub mixture on the nails and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water
Method 2 uses baking soda and hydrogen peroxide
- In a small bowl mix 2 1/2 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- Use cotton balls to put mixture on nails and let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
How To Whiten Nails Naturally Method #3 - Lemon & Shampoo
Just like baking soda lemons are natural whitener. You will only be using the shampoo to wash away the acid from the lemon juice.
You will want to use fresh lemons and follow these directions.
- What you need to do first is to get a bowl.
- Cut your lemon in half and squeeze the lemon juice into the bowl and add a few drops of shampoo. Approximately 2 Tbs and add 1 or 2 Tbs of warm water.
- Then get your shampoo (any kind is fine) and just place a few drops in the water.
- Soak your nails for 5 to 10 minutes. Gently brush the nails with a tooth brush.
How To Whiten Nails Naturally Method #4 - White Vinegar
To use white vinegar follow these directions
- Mix warm water and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar in a small bowl.
- Soak nails for 5 - 10 minutes
- Rinse, pat dry and add your favorite lotion
Which One Are You Going To Try?
After learning these 4 different ways to whiten your nails naturally which one do you think would work the best?
Here Is A Great How To Video From A Nail Expert
Great Deal On Nail Buffers!
What this helpful?
So from this hubpage you have discovered the number one cause of yellow nails and 4 different ways to whiten your nails naturally.
Also we learned from the video above that other causes of yellow nails is from smoking or medication.
If this hubpage was helpful please don't leave without letting me know by leaving a comment below, rate it and share it with your friends!
Are you on Facebook? Stop on by and join the community right here
Thank you for reading and have yourself a great day!