How Triphala Can Help You Lose Weight
What Is the Herbal Mixture Triphala Made of?
Triphala is an herbal mixture that works as a cleansing agent. It can be used to cleanse the liver, blood, and colon of toxins. The name triphala means "three fruits," referring to the three herbs that make it up: amalaki, vibhitaki, and haritaki. All three herbs are well-known with practitioners of Ayurvedic medicine. Recently, some studies have revealed also that the herbal mixture triphala may help fight various forms of cancer.
Here are some of the properties of each of the herbs that make up triphala:
- Amalaki, or amla, is rich in vitamin C and is considered good for the lungs and respiratory tract. The sour herb can be used to soothe inflammations of the stomach, aid in the formation of new tissues, and boost the immune system.
- Haritaki, or harada, offer the palate all five tastes—it's bitter, salty, pungent, sour, and sweet. It is considered a safe laxative for stimulating the digestive system.
- Vibhitaki, or terminalia belerica, acts a a blood purifier, has the ability to reduce fevers, and cleanses the body of harmful toxins.
How Does Triphala Help You Lose Weight?
Because of these ingredients (amla, haritaki, and vibhitaki), triphala can detoxify the whole body. This herb mixture can help the body lose weight by regulating the digestive system. It cleanses the colon, reduces excess water the the body, and increases bowel movements. This clears the body of toxins and makes it easier to lose weight.
Triphala has also been shown to lowering bad cholesterol by raising the levels of high density cholesterols and balancing their levels. It is a potential antioxidant and is very useful in conditions like lipidemia.
How Do You Use Triphala to Lose Weight? The Correct Dosage for Drinks and Capsules
You can drink triphala by mixing it into a beverage or take it in a capsule, or pill.
If you are drinking the triphala, begin by mixing one teaspoon (or two to three grams) into a glass of hot water. Stir until it has dissolved entirely and drink immediately. Drink one of these glasses each day.
If you are taking it in a capsule, begin with one a day.
If you are not feeling the aforementioned effects on your bowel movements, you can gradually increase the dosage. The correct amount varies from one person to another. Although triphala is all natural, consult your physician before using it as a weight loss supplement.
Triphala Recipes for Weight Loss
If you prefer not to take triphala by itself, here are two recipes that bring out its cleansing qualities.
Flaxseed Triphala Tea
Take this mixture before going to bed.
- 1 teaspoon organic flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon psyllium fiber
- 1 teaspoon triphala
- Honey, lemon, or milk, optional
- Heat the water to boiling.
- Mix in the triphala, flax seeds, and psyllium fiber.
- Add honey, lemon, or milk, to taste.
Triphala Eye Wash
You can also use this herb as an eye wash. Leave ½ teaspoon of triphala powder in one glass of water overnight. Sprinkle it over your eyes in the morning as you're washing your face.
Treat Obesity with Ayurvedic Home Remedies
What Are the Other Benefits of Triphala
This amazing herb mixture's antioxidant properties has numerous benefits for the whole body. For example, it:
- Cleans the bowels
- Alleviates constipation
- Supports the nervous system
- Boosts the immune system
- Helps fight cancer
- Nourishes and rejuvenates the tissue
- Supports the reproductive system
- Fights against bacteria that cause any disease
- Prevents sickness
Since triphala powder does not cause any serious side effects, it's a supplement that can be used by anyone.