How do you Define Success in Life
Success can be defined in 5 stages.
- The first step towards success is identifying what you want out of life.
- Then establish personal goals to attain those desires. Make use of the smart goals to achieve your dreams.
- The next step is learning everything you can in order to reach that goal. Do the research, study and read, see what the pros are doing. Learning should be an ongoing process and when reach a goal, you will have found success, but it doesn't stop there.
- Success continues into the next stage of life. It is a continuous cycle of growth and potential. It is a path of milestones and markers identifying accomplished tasks as stepping stones to the next level of achievement.
- Success is a decision, a determination by what you make out of life. It is a mind-set, a focus that remains through out life. Whatever your goal in life may be, determined success is how you view it.
“Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do the best of which you are capable.” ~ John Wooden
Coach John Wooden’s Pyramid of Success includes building blocks towards success. His life experience and years of coaching empowered him to develop a great teaching tool for leaders.
Structured with faith and patience, the stepping blocks in the pyramid of success include 12 lessons in leadership.
His tool for success is unique and authentic. The method of training for success can be developed for anyone.
Success is defined by the individual and what that means to them. They don’t seek goals just for the sake of setting them, goals must have meaning.
Some Common traits of successful people can be identified in the following:
- They think differently and they realize anything is possible.
- They are visionaries pursuing the goals set before them with fresh ideas.
- They are doers, they take action. They don’t sit around and wait for opportunities, they make opportunities.
Ask yourself this question, what would you do differently tomorrow, if you knew you wouldn't fail and you were guaranteed success?
Success is defined by the blessings even during the trials of life.
Identifying this journey in life and seeking wisdom from God recognizes the pursuit of wise counsel. God has promised blessings to those who obey His word.
All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God: You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country. The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks. Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed. You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. – Deuteronomy 28:2-6
Spiritual success is, knowing God, loving life with a passion, and realizing the transformation from all your blessings will flow.
John Maxwell Defines The Secret to Success
What's your view of Success?
The dictionary defines success as the attainment of fame, wealth, or power or by something that turns out well according to plans.
A successful person is defined as someone who is powerful, wealthy or famous or by a record of significant achievements. So to accomplish great things in life is considered to be successful.
The real trait of success is not in achieving great fame. Everyone knows a person can be successful in their jobs or relationships, without ever attaining celebrity status.
If success is reaching your goals, what is failure? Failure is not making the grade. Failure is giving up on yourself or your dreams. Failure is in the eye of the beholder. A person may feel like a failure if they don’t make the team they're gearing for, and they may sense failure if they are rejected in anyway.
Life demonstrates success and failure in two ways. Did you fulfill your goals or abandon them? Success is determined by your own thinking. Either you got it or you don’t.
One person's view of success may be acing that job interview, while another views success as getting the job. It is based on the person’s point of view.
You didn't get the job, but look you did great, during the interview. You demonstrated professionalism, answered the interviewer’s questions with such intelligence, and you even showed up on time. You feel like a success.
That might sound humorous to some people. Thinking the true success would be that they got the job after all; but for some, just getting out of bed is a success. It all depends on the person viewpoint.
To be fulfilled and satisfied, focus on your dreams, emphasize on the positive, and motivate yourself to reach success.
“Consult not your fears, but your hopes and dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you have tried and failed in, but with what is still possible for you to do.” ~ Pope John XXIII
Success is defined by focusing on the possibilities.
When the achievement of your dreams have been fulfilled, you remain focused, realizing your life's purpose.
Only then will you find that life has provided you true satisfaction, and your success is defined.