How does one do EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques, HOW TO, not send me to a book to buy.
Introduction to EFT
Before detailing the Step-by-Step "how to" for EFT, here's a short introduction to the technique. I'm including this for those who don't know much about it .... and also because otherwise this will be a very short hub lol ;)
EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) works with the understanding that energy becomes "stuck" in certain points on the body - causing blocks and resistance around certain issues. The technique, which involves tapping, and vocal phrases, is designed to release this blocked energy, thereby allowing energy to flow freely, and thus clear those particular issues.
A bit of background: Every cell in our bodies is programmed automatically according to experience and childhood conditioning. Cells are also biologically programmed - they grow and heal without our conscious application. Hmmm... this is a big subject on its own, and I'm thinking I might create a separate hub on that subject. So, just for the purposes of EFT, suffice to say: the patterns programmed into every cell of our bodies (all based on keeping the status quo) can be tricky to change. EFT is one method that works for many people on some deep and stubborn issues.
Below you'll find the Step-by-Step "how to" for the EFT technique I was taught...
Love and Light and Tapping Your Troubles Away ;) xxx
Step-by-Step How To - EFT Tapping Technique
There are a few variations on the EFT Tapping technique. Here is the basic one I was taught.
Before starting, find a place where you can relax undisturbed. Once you have the hang of this, you'll be able to do it anywhere, but while you're learning it, you need concentration and privacy. Have a pen and paper handy.
1. Pick one issue you wish to work on. Write it down. Now see if you can find a cause for that issue. For example: The issue might be that you find it difficult to have a healthy, and rewarding romantic relationship. You may think that the cause is shyness. Write that down. Then see if you can find a cause for your shyness. Don't worry if you can't, just go to step two, but you might realise that your shyness is caused by feelings of undeserving. Keep going until you find what appears to be the "root cause".
2. Using your final "cause" write down a couple of phrases(affirmations) that apply to your issue. For example, if you've pinned your issue down to "undeserving", you could write something like: "I deserve love."; "I have a right to love"; "I am worthy of love."
3. Now we start with the tapping. First, the Set Up. You can either use the "Sore Spot" or the "Karate Chop" to set up. I'm going to describe the Karate Chop version here as it's easier. Using the fingertips of your index and middle fingers of your dominant hand, tap the "Karate Chop" area on your other hand. This is litterally the position on your hand that would make contact with an object you were to "karate chop". While tapping this area firmly, repeat three times, the following phrase, with the blank filled in with your appropriate issue. "Even though I _________________, I love and accept myself completely." So, using our example above: "Even though I feel undeserving, I love and accept myself completely."
4. Once you've done this three times, you now move onto the tapping sequence. Move your fingertips from one point to the next, tapping firmly (but not so it hurts!), and repeating the affirmation/s. You can stick with just one for a few rounds, and then change as you feel you want to..... or you can alternate them for each point - whatever feels good for you. For example: "I deserve love" (for the first point); "I have a right to love" (for the second point); "I am worthy of love" (for the third point) and then back to "I deserve love" for the fourth point etc. You do not have to believe these statements for this to work, you only have to say them (prefferably out loud).
5. The points:
1) The begining of your eyebrow (either eyebrow, whichever feels comfortable).
2) The outside of the eye - the edge of the bone of the eye socket.
3) The middle of the bone uner the eye.
4) On the little area in the middle between your nose and your top lip..
5) The dip between your chin and your lower lip.
6) Edge of the collar bone.
7) Under the arm - about four inches below your armpit.
7) The crown of your head.
There are additional points to these that some practitioners use, but these are the ones I was taught, and they worked well for me.
Just keep repeating the sequence until you feel a difference or shift. It's very important not to tap too hard! This must not be painful. It may be embarrassing to do in company, but it should not be painful ;)
There is a lot more to EFT - this is really just an introduction and the basic technique, and you may find it's enough. But it's worth checking out the video, and getting the free EFT Manual - see the links section below. The manual goes into a LOT more detail. There are other EFT resources in the links section below as well.
EFT - Learn in Five Minutes
Links to Further Resources for EFT Information and Associated Modalities
- Gary Craig's Official Website - Free EFT Manual
This is EFT Founder, Gary Craig's official website. Here you'll find a free EFT Manual, and a lot of information and answers to questions on EFT.
- EFT Forum
This forum is free to join, and you'll find an enormous amount of information, answers and support there. The members are incredibly warm, friendly and helpful.
- Paths - Reprogram Your Subconscious to Achieve Your Goals
Paths uses the incredible new RDT technology to deliver instructions - and even biological cues - to your subconscious, to effect the changes you choose to make in your life and body - Safely and in only a few minutes per week.