How much should I weigh? BMI Chart
Common concerns about weight
These are the common questions people ask all the time:
- how much should i weigh for my height?
- how much should i weigh at my age?
- how much should i weigh for my height and age?
The answer to all these questions is the same and it is simple:
There is no ideal weight! What is most important is your Body Mass index (BMI).
How do I know if I’m overweight or obese?
As mentioned above, you can know by finding out your body mass index (BMI).
BMI is a measure of your body fat based on your height and weight.
See how to calculate or read your BMI below.
weight loss weigh-in 49 weeks left
Body Mass Index
What is Body Mass Index (BMI)?
Simply put BMI is a measure of your body fat based on your height and weight.
The same applies to both adult men and women.
Based on your BMI you can be classified as being underweight, having a normal weight, overweight or obese.
How to read the results of the BMI Chart
- BMI of between 18.5 to 24.9 is considered healthy,
- A BMI of between 25 to 29.9 is considered overweight,
- And a BMI of 30 or more is considered obese.
How to Calculate Body Mass index (BMI)
Now to know where you stand and put your mind to rest. If you canot read the BMI chart you might want calculate your BMI instead.
There are several scientific tools on the internet to help you calculate your BMI accurately, but I would recommend you search around on the Internet for decent Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator.
How can you Iose weight?
To lose weight you need to take in fewer calories than you actually need.
You can do this by:
- Creating and following a plan for healthy eating and also a plan for regular physical activity. Most people find this very difficult to do.
- You may also choose to follow a formal weight-loss program that can help you make lifelong changes in your eating and physical activity habits. It is easier said than done.
You can also find out more information here: Fast Weight Lose
Are you being bullied because of your size?
Are you being bullied at school, on the Internet or anywhere else because you are large? If you think you are being picked on because of your size please go this website:
http://www.stopbullying.gov/ Don’t suffer in silence; there is help out there to make it stop.
Equally if you know a friend, schoolmate, anybody in your social circle or neighbourhood being bullied because they are overweight, please send them to this website:
http://www.stopbullying.gov/ You owe a duty to help a friend need.