How the Hell Did You Lose Weight - "Cleaner Eating"
Why are you even reading this post? This is a very important question that you need to answer before you read any further. I’ll admit, I starting “dieting” because I wanted Beyoncé's body. (Don’t hate you know you do too). It wasn’t until I made the following list that I actually became committed to changing my life and devoting time to getting healthy for good.
- I want live and be able to play with my GREAT grand children
- My husband deserves the body that he fell in love with and not the one he became comfortable with (he’s so sweet)
- I want to beat the family history of diabetes and high blood pressure
- And then there was a photo, actually a LOT of photos. It was when I looked back at these pictures and saw that I was unhappy and it showed in my body and my actions. This made me want to do better to be healthy and happy
Do You Really Know What Clean Eating Is?
I'm Still Working
Okay so let me keep it real with you for a sec. What nobody tells you is that clean eating also means potentially “CLEANING” out your pockets. In the society we live in today, it is so much easier and less expensive to eat quick and unhealthy. For example, at McDonalds a double cheeseburger and small fry now costs you approximately $2.50 but a grilled chicken salad is damn near $8.00. RIDICULOUS!!! Nobody said that this thing was going to be easy.
There isn’t one diet out there that I haven’t tried. I mean I’ve done Atkins, South Beach, Resolution Drops, , blah, blah, blah. No meat, no dairy, no sweets, no salt, drink two shakes a day, AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT. I just want to eat and not get fat is that so much to ask??
But honey let me tell you, I eat and I eat GOOD! I’ve been able to lose and keep my weight off by eating between 1350 and 1500 calories a day. Yeah yeah yeah I know you don’t want to count calories but once you’ve done it for about 2 weeks you wont need to be so anal about it because it will come naturally. My typical caloric intake for day is listed below.
Breakfast 350 Lunch 450 Dinner 450 Snacks 200
Cleaner Eating Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 2 Bag Boil In Bag Brown Rice
- 1 Small Green Pepper
- 1 Small Yello Onion
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Mozarella Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Lime and Cilantro, Optional
- Olive Oil
- Wash chicken and pat dry; season with prepared fajita seasoning, heat olive oil in skillet
- Cook rice according to instructions on package
- Sautee chicken breast until no longer pink; approximately 8 minutes on each side
- Add sliced onion and bell pepper to skillet with chicken and cook until vegetables are at the desired tenderness
- Add 1/2 cup of brown rice to your bowl (squeeze lime and cilantro on rice if you so choose)
- Top rice with a sliced chicken breast, 1/4 cup of shredded lettuce, 2 Tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese, 1 Tbsp of salsa and 1 Tbsp of sour cream
© 2016 SuCora Owens