- Exercise & Fitness
How to Build Your Back Muscles Without Weights
The back is made up of large muscles that are usually worked with weights and machines. Although, the muscles are conventionally built using weights, you can build them using exercises.
Some of the great exercises that you should engage in include:
These exercises are performed by rotating the body from one side to the other in a circular motion.
- To do the exercise you need to start in a plank position and then roll your body to the right side.
- You should then extend your left arm to the sky and keep rolling over until you are able to place your left hand on the floor.
- At this position you should look up to the sky and lift your right hand from the floor and roll again.
- You should continue doing this until tension starts to build. For ideal results you should ensure that you cross your foot over the other every time you roll.
This move strengthens your lower back.
- To assume the position you need to lie on the floor with your face facing down and your legs out straight.
- You should also ensure that your arms are down by your sides.
- At this position you should tighten your core and raise your upper body from the floor while at the same time raising your arms up and back.
- You should then lift your legs from the floor and maintain the position for three seconds.
- Once the three seconds are over you should return to your starting position.
- For ideal results you should repeat this move 8-10 times.
To do these pushups you should start in a plank position.
- You should then move your feet forward while at the same time lifting your hips high in the sky.
- For ideal results you should ensure that your body is at a 45-degree angle and folded at the hips.
- You should hold in this position for some time and then lower your face slowly towards the floor and then push back up.
This exercise is meant to exercise the upper back muscles.
- Here you should sit in a chair and then tie a resistance band to a strong object.
- For ideal results you should ensure that the object tied with the resistance band is almost the same height as your elbows.
- You should then crook your elbows and pull the resistance band towards your body while at the same time squeezing your shoulders back and together.
- Once you reach the maximum position, you should maintain the position for three seconds and then return to the starting position.
Quick Warm Up Exercises
Tap and Go
This exercise is done when you are on all fours.
- To assume the position you should extend your left arm straight in front of you and your leg behind you.
- You should then slowly lower your legs and slightly tap the floor.
- Once you tap the ground you should lift the legs back up and place them at a position higher than the starting point.