- Alternative & Natural Medicine»
- Home Remedies
How to Cure Sore Throat Naturally- 15 Best Home Remedies
A swollen throat can really be scary for you, you feel pain in the throat and are unable to swallow anything. If left untreated, the person may even find it difficult to talk also. But you are not alone, almost every one suffers from it at one point of time or the other.
Each year approximately 40 million people
go to the doctor to get sore throat treated.
Why sore throat occurs?
Basically sore throat occurs due to the inflammation of the pharynx (a tube which moves from back of the mouth to esophagus). There are several factors responsible for sore throat like viral infections, bacterial infections, excessive smoking, allergies. At times it might also be caused due to too much shouting, or coughing for a long period of time.
However the most important cause of sore throat according to doctors is sleeping with your mouth open which leads to dry mouth due to the blockage of nasal passages.
Remedies for Sore Throat:
1. For fast and effective cure of sore throat, the best natural remedy is gargle with salt water. Salt is said to be antiseptic and helps in clearing the phlegm. You just need to dissolve two teaspoon of salt in lukewarm water and gargle at least three times a day for quick relief.
2. Gargling with baking soda solution and water too is considered beneficial. Just add half teaspoon of baking soda in warm water and gargle.
3. Running a humidifier in the room helps in creating moisture which prevents dryness in the room. This is effective in preventing the throat lining from becoming too dry.
4. You need to be extra cautious during cold and flu season and make sure that you are taking lots of herbs, and vitamins to boost your immune system. Intake of vitamin C and E, zinc and magnesium rich diet, herbs like golden seal are said to be good for you in such seasons if you suffer from sore throat.
5. Honey too is said to be a good natural remedy for sore throat. It is rich in antibacterial properties and therefore speeds up the process of healing. It reduces swelling of the throat also. Just add 4-5 teaspoons of honey to a glass of warm water or drink herbal tea made from honey for quick relief.
6. You can also add lemon juice to a glass of lukewarm water and drink the same for cure against sore throat. Add 1 teaspoon of honey too for better results.
7. Simply mix ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper to a cup of warm water and slowly sip the liquid to cure the throat pain.
8. Drinking tea made from chamomile thrice a day is also found effective.
9. You can also gargle with aloe vera liquid to get relief from throat pain.
10. Intake of raw ginger and garlic is found beneficial in relieving sore throat.
11. Basil leaves are said to be one of the best natural remedies for sore throat. It has antiseptic properties and acts as a deterrent. Just add 3-4 basil leaves in boiling water and keep boiling it for a few minutes till the juice of the leaves is extracted. Once the liquid becomes lukewarm you may sip it a bit and gargle too.
- Most Popular Natural Remedies from Across the World
An interesting hub which will let you know about different natural remedies which are popularised in various countries of the world, what people are using to treat different ailments.
12. Gargle with raspberry leaf tea if you have severe pain in the throat and also suffer from fever. In boiling water put 2-3 leaves of raspberry and boil for few minutes and then strain away the liquid. Let it cool down and then gargle.
13. If you suffer from a cranky throat then gargling with turmeric will provide much relief. Just mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric, ½ teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of hot water. Gargle with this mixture at least thrice a day for better results.
14. Gargling with Listerine too is said to be effective.
15. Herbal tea made from licorice and slippery elm are also commonly used as a remedy for sore infection.
- Home Remedies for Curing Different Kinds of Pain
get rid of back pain,joint pain,knee pain naturally. adopt more of herbs and natural products in your daily life to get rid of pain
- Natural Treatment for Joint Pain
joint pain treatment naturally with shea fruits, turmeric, apple cider vinegar, honey. you can go for acupuncture also
- How to Cure Back Pain Naturally
get treated for your back pain naturally by herbs like white willow bark, devil's claw, peppermint. massage therapy and acupressure also helps to get rid of back pain naturally