How to Follow Your Dreams & Achieve Your Goals
What are Your Dreams?
Dreams are basically goals of where you want to be in your life. We all have hopes and wishes if we allow ourselves to be open to possibility. Following your dreams is all about achieving your goals. Setting goals is easy. Anyone can do it. Think of what you want, imagine the best for yourself, see yourself where you want to be and write down these hopes. You now have goals. Dreams and New Year's Resolutions often fall by the wayside because achieving your goals is a lot harder than just imaging your hopes materialized. After you own your dreams, you now have the work of making them a reality.
Follow the Stars . . .
So you have a goal . . .
You are not done. You have to come up with a plan and strategy of how you are going to reach your goals. This plan should have steps that you can accomplish to bring you closer to the end result. For example, if you goal is to lose weight, you have to have a program and diet in place for how this goal is to be achieved. What are you going to eat? What are you going to do for exercise? What fatty foods will you avoid? You will have a much higher chance of success if you ask and answer such questions for yourself and establish what it will take for you to achieve your goals. The key to following your dreams is a PLAN for success.
Other Things You Need for Goal Success
- Motivation: Motivation is what makes your goal a must in your life. Without motivation, you will not have the drive to succeed. It is what gives you the energy and commitment to work on your plan on a daily basis and begin to see results.
- Believe: Belief in yourself that you will succeed. You have to be your own cheerleader and pump yourself up on a daily basis to do what is necessary and to follow your plan.
- Commitment to Yourself: Some goals take sacrifice and handwork to achieve. You have to make trade-offs and put your goal ahead of perhaps what others may want you to do with your time. Think of your choice to pursue your dream as a commitment to yourself.
- Be Open to Change: If a particular path is really not working out, be open to changing or modifying your plan. Changes don't mean giving up on your dreams. They just mean you are learning and growing from your experiences and making improvements in your life. Don't give up at the first bump in the road. Instead, learn from your mistakes and move forward.
- Maximize Your Opportunities: Learn what you can from others who can help you accomplish your dreams. Ask questions. Make connections and network with others who are where you see yourself in the future.
Dreams and hopes for a bright future are what makes life worth living. Aim high and give yourself the tools you need to succeed.