About the Paleo Diet
You may have made it to this page because you have hear of the Paleo Diet or you may be here because you want to know more about it. So what is the Paleo Diet? It's a basic diet based on the diet of the paleolithic man. It's very simple, lean meat (poultry,seafood, and mammals), vegetables, and fruits.
Benefits of Paleo
In my opinion and the opinion of many medical and nutritional professionals this diet is optimum for treating many different conditions. Some of these conditions include: Celiac's disease, Diabetes, and obesity.
This diet is low in sugar and fat. Of course with such a limited diet, it is also low in allergens. There is basically nothing in this diet that isn't wholesome. Also, if you follow it, it's nearly impossible to over eat.
Here are some studies on the Paleo Diet:
What Can't I Eat?
It's probably easier to list what you can eat rather than what you can't. There's quite a list of things you should avoid eating. Most of these foods would be unwholesome anyhow and you would want to avoid them on a regular diet.
Things to Avoid
- Wheat-Anything made with it, this includes bread, pasta, gravy, beer.
- Beans and Legumes-anything in this category, beans, peas, soybeans
- Dairy - milk, cheese, yogurt, sour cream
- Refined foods - candy, cookies, soda, sugary drinks
- Food with nitrates - bacon (however you can find nitrate free bacon)
- Limited Alcohol