How to Honour your Mother’s Life in Letter’s and Poems
Expressing emotions in written form is a powerful tool, because some things are left unsaid and writing is one way to get them out and express how you feel. A bond with a mother is a powerful connection, it gives you the opportunity to unleash your inner poet or write a heartfelt letter. Either way it is an affectionate way to honor a mother’s life.
- Conjure up a plan before you begin to write the letter or poem, list all your fondness memories with your mother and all her achievements you can use to honor her. Create a timeline of events.
- Express gratitude to your mother, this can be done by thanking her for the sacrifices she made by being a mother and your appreciation for her love.
- Try to be as honest as you can. This will exert boldness and show how important it is to you to honor your mother by being expressive with your words and truthful.
- Highlight great memories in the context of the poem or letter, this will show the time shared meant a great deal to you.
- Display your mother’s qualities in the letter or poem and why they mean so much to you. Also add how they have affected you and made you a better person.
- Explain how your mother inspired you throughout your life; highlight moments in your letter or poem in her life that inspired you to do certain positive things.
- Say what sets her apart from other mothers and use flattery to move her with your words by complimenting her beauty and kindness for example.
- Handwrite the poem this makes it personable and shows you have made an effort to honor your mother by adding character with your handwriting. A hand written letter is more likely to be kept as an item or gift due to its cultural influence of letters being
- Add a memorable photograph of your mother such as a wedding picture or a lost and found childhood picture.
Funny Mother's Day Video
Write the poem with form, this will make poem visually appealing to the mother, try to arrange the poem in stanza’s and use rhyme where possible to make the poem memorable. (See reference 1)
Write the letter in clear paragraphs which also makes the letter more visually applealing
Use a famous romantic poem or letter to guide you through the writing process or a source of inspiration.